Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

VH II, WACF, FW, DD Remasters Now Available For Pre-Order

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    No extras?

Nah.

Sorry. I've purchased all these albums on vinyl, cassette and 2x each on cd. Ain't paying for them again.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 3 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (06-11-2015),DLR Bridge (06-10-2015),moose (06-11-2015)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    No extras?

Nah.

Sorry. I've purchased all these albums on vinyl, cassette and 2x each on cd. Ain't paying for them again.
    I hear ya, I mean just look what Led Zeppelin, who hasn't played a song in 35 years, is putting out....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Believe I have ALREADY covered both topics. Christ, you are lazy.

Anyhoo, difference being those VH 1/4 tape remasters were actually done right which is odd for little fanfare. Certainly kick the shit out of that Stones Sticky Fingers remaster double-deluxe what-the-fuck-ever.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Believe I have ALREADY covered both topics. Christ, you are lazy.

Lazy because I ignore you? I agree with that, dude.

7. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (06-11-2015)

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Another rip-off.
    The last thing I bought from VH was ADKOT.
    I'll give 'em some of my money when they put another album out.
    Until then, fuck 'em.

9. Thanked philouze for this KICKASS post:

WARF (06-12-2015)

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

I broke down and bought VH I & 1984 pretty much from reading kristy's review. Well done!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Lazy because I ignore you? I agree with that, dude.
    No, lazy because you are a dumbass, dude.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

I suspect I'll crack and buy these.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    I suspect I'll crack and buy these.
    Do Not. I started with a couple vinyl albums, got a driver's license and a cassette player in the car, and purchased 'em again. A few years later, the band took a creative dump with Sammy Hasbadbreath, so I repurchased most of the old stuff a third or fourth time. Then the first "Best Of" came along, bought mainly for it's inclusion of a couple of "new" Roth tracks. Soon after, everything got loaded into the shit wagon and quickly slid down the side of a mountain.

The dust settled...We will not discuss the Cherone era.

Oh, then another "Best Of Album" and tour, best forgotten unless you were a fan of Johnny Thunders.

One hundred years (or so) later, Dave Roth got back with Van Halen, leading to a couple of tours and one fairly good album.

So...to capitalize on this not so brilliant course of career management, we are expected to purchase the same product a fifth, six (perhaps seventh) time, minus bonus tracks or even observant liner notes?

I'll pass, and so should anyone else following these numbnuts for any amount of time, particularly those of us there at the beginning.

Am I a VH fan? Fair question. The answer is, I am. Doesn't mean I appreciate the slack-jawed manner in which the band views it's audience. These boneheads could not find their ass with both hands, with regard to their fan base. (Oh yeah Ed, thanks for the stripped wah pedal and sneakers, ya dork..."It's what I use"...uh-huh, when?).

For years, the fans have wanted assorted rare doodads, live performances and unreleased material. Instead, we get thoughtless retreads.

Party on, Garth...without me contributing to the band's retirement fund.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    For years, the fans have wanted assorted rare doodads, live performances and unreleased material. Instead, we get thoughtless retreads.
    Whoa! Hold on there Mr. Smarty Pants. While there is a good argument these 1/4 remasters are a disappointment in terms of their own histories by having a lack of liner notes, photos of the sessions, session documentation what-the-fuck-ever, you seem to overlook many bands who have such remasters done are powerless when it comes to their record label re-re-releasing them. In other terms, it becomes a financial issue, not a personal one of what the fans want. Besides, hiring musical historians to do the paperwork of finding such artifacts of the sessions cost money in paying those people, money to print them, and money to redesign the packaging. Few acts such as Schleppy have the money and clout to do this. Warner Brothers do not give a shit about a few releases that are over 30 years old nor will they ever. Eddie, Dave and even sister Alexia have zero say in this. They already singed the contracts years ago.

Now, as far as I understand, Eddie did have a hand in the sound of these remasters opting to weed out (huh huh, I said "weed") a lot of the studio gimmicky reverb and engineer flubs. There is a difference to them but to only the audiophile snob ear (such as my own because, you know, I don't listen to homoerotic white metal). The archaic studio technology of what, '78 - '84 can be better "processed" these days and times resulting in a crisp, not such a sterile reproduction. The VH 1 remaster contains no tape hiss, no mirror copy drop offs. Drums are more pronounced, vocals are bland but raw, and Eddie's guitar soars to where you can imagine him going all George Harrison and blistering his god damn fingers.

No doubt they are doodads and a marketing ploy but there also seems to be a demand for the original 6-pack in the manner they were meant to be heard by Eddie and, dare I say it, Ted Templeton intended for them to be. It's easy to blow them off and rightly so because so many remasters are shit, just fucking awful but I have a feeling more will be on the market seeing how the CD is a dinosaur and the 'biz' needs to do whatever it can to survive. The technology has finally caught up with the digital age so get fucking used to it.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh, and Va Beach is still a lazy assNazi buttlicker fascist.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And to think I was just getting ready to compliment you on that last post....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Pppfffffpphht! I'm much too high right now to worry about compliments. Shit like lice at chicken farms is a far more perplexing issue for me.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    ...and this is going to look really fucking kwel sitting on my hipster IKEA furniture shelf while the rest of you will be eating cracked plastic bowl cold cereal off a rotting cable spool.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Whoa! Hold on there Mr. Smarty Pants. While there is a good argument these 1/4 remasters are a disappointment in terms of their own histories by having a lack of liner notes, photos of the sessions, session documentation what-the-fuck-ever, you seem to overlook many bands who have such remasters done are powerless when it comes to their record label re-re-releasing them. In other terms, it becomes a financial issue, not a personal one of what the fans want. Besides, hiring musical historians to do the paperwork of finding such artifacts of the sessions cost money in paying those people, money to print them, and money to redesign the packaging. Few acts such as Schleppy have the money and clout to do this. Warner Brothers do not give a shit about a few releases that are over 30 years old nor will they ever. Eddie, Dave and even sister Alexia have zero say in this. They already singed the contracts years ago.

Now, as far as I understand, Eddie did have a hand in the sound of these remasters opting to weed out (huh huh, I said "weed") a lot of the studio gimmicky reverb and engineer flubs. There is a difference to them but to only the audiophile snob ear (such as my own because, you know, I don't listen to homoerotic white metal). The archaic studio technology of what, '78 - '84 can be better "processed" these days and times resulting in a crisp, not such a sterile reproduction. The VH 1 remaster contains no tape hiss, no mirror copy drop offs. Drums are more pronounced, vocals are bland but raw, and Eddie's guitar soars to where you can imagine him going all George Harrison and blistering his god damn fingers.

No doubt they are doodads and a marketing ploy but there also seems to be a demand for the original 6-pack in the manner they were meant to be heard by Eddie and, dare I say it, Ted Templeton intended for them to be. It's easy to blow them off and rightly so because so many remasters are shit, just fucking awful but I have a feeling more will be on the market seeing how the CD is a dinosaur and the 'biz' needs to do whatever it can to survive. The technology has finally caught up with the digital age so get fucking used to it.
    Since when did you become a musical/historical revisionist? Those of us (aka: true fans) are not talking "marketing ploys," we are merely seeking lost or forlorn treasure.

THAT would imply info beyond what is pooped out on a regular basis. Why do you think bootleg networks exist?

Fans are obsessive. Yes, it can lead to odd obsessions, with dire results in certain cases. Some folks simply go off the rails in pursuit of their idols, not to make light of it.

Yet...if you display your talent for a bit, then deny folks to witness any more of it, who's fault is that?

And by the way, it is not up to YOU to imply I need adjust to the "digital age".

I will live my life upon my own terms, as should you.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Since when did you become a musical/historical revisionist? Those of us (aka: true fans) are not talking "marketing ploys," we are merely seeking lost or forlorn treasure.

THAT would imply info beyond what is pooped out on a regular basis. Why do you think bootleg networks exist?

Fans are obsessive. Yes, it can lead to odd obsessions, with dire results in certain cases. Some folks simply go off the rails in pursuit of their idols, not to make light of it.

Yet...if you display your talent for a bit, then deny folks to witness any more of it, who's fault is that?

And by the way, it is not up to YOU to imply I need adjust to the "digital age".

I will live my life upon my own terms, as should you.

I can see you are perturbed. It's a real buzzkill.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cool

I can see you are perturbed. It's a real buzzkill.
    You would not believe it...we had "Welcome To Summer Reading" for the preteens this week. Yup, about 75-85 screaming kids running through the library with aggravated parents for three days. No amount of Aleve or vodka is gonna make that shit fade away.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Not sure I follow.

Anyway, speaking of digital age catch up this will look good next to the VH box:

$34.95 (on-line). Cheaper than a 1/8 of weed. Beat that! What a phenomenal album. I'm so glad I embraced the digital age while Chef chooses to run his computer on hamster wheel technology.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Not sure I follow.

Anyway, speaking of digital age catch up this will look good next to the VH box:
    $34.95 (on-line). Cheaper than a 1/8 of weed. Beat that! What a phenomenal album. I'm so glad I embraced the digital age while Chef chooses to run his computer on hamster wheel technology.
    Soo...you finally get a copy of a crummy Stones album I bought 30 years ago? Wow, victory to you. Great job.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Wow. What crawled up your sphincter and made an impromptu Vacation Bible School camp?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cool

Wow. What crawled up your sphincter and made an impromptu Vacation Bible School camp?
    I had an afternoon full of viewing the Lifetime channel on and off for about four hours, uncontested in our break room. Hopefully, Sports Center or the Food Channel will come on soon and restore some testosterone and sanity now that I'm safely at home.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

..... Eddie's guitar soars to where you can imagine him going all George Harrison and blistering his god damn fingers.
    Uh, you know that was actually Ringo who said that, right?

I actually thought it was John for years, and just thought he was tripping balls on some liquid sunshine and screamed out whatever came to mind. But it was Ringo, because he hit the drums on that song much harder than he was used to doing, and literally got blisters in the process. Of course he might have been tripping balls too.... it was 1968 after all.

27. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (06-12-2015)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I got a novel idea. So what if Edward states they do not have the full Oakland '81 show recorded... why don't you guys simply include some of those live tracks as bonus tracks on the remastered LPs!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,615 Posts

Who the fuck is Ted Templeton?

30. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (06-15-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

I'm so glad I embraced the digital age while Chef chooses to run his computer on hamster wheel technology.
    I prefer xhamster.

32. 4 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (06-12-2015),philouze (06-12-2015),Terry (06-15-2015),vandeleur (06-13-2015)

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I prefer xhamster.
    I spent hours raping my hand watching Rene Bond movies..

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philouze View Post
    I spent hours raping my pillow watching Rene Bond movies..
    Fixed.

35. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

philouze (06-12-2015)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Fixed.
    And when I woke up, I was no longer hungry, but my pillow was gone.

37. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

WARF (06-12-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yay!

The same old boring remasters they issue every ten years with no extras.

Why is this even news.

Another big YAWN from a yawn worthy band.

Michael Anthony can't even save this mess.
    Last edited by WARF; 06-12-2015 at 07:57 PM.

39. 2 users say thank you to WARF for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (06-12-2015),Kristy (06-15-2015)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yay!

The same old boring remasters they issue every ten years with no extras.

Why is this even news.

Another big YAWN from a yawn worthy band.

Michael Anthony can't even save this mess.
    I logged in just to agree with you. I don't log in much anymore. No need after 10 years of hoping and wishing. Think they can hang it up after this tour. No new studio album in 3 years ?? A lazy live album. This isn't a band anymore. It's a business to make more retirement money. Dave need's to release the album he did with John 5 and start having fun again. VH has became beyond boring !! Still decent but..................the thrill is gone. That's Van Hagar. Well not the decent part.

41. Thanked 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

WARF (06-12-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Who is the Nazi who edited my post?

And Explain what rule was broken....
    Last edited by WARF; 06-12-2015 at 11:23 PM.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Maybe it's time to re register at the bright eyes forum?

44. Thanked ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

WARF (06-13-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I posted a kick ass pic of the sexually seductive Terri Schiavo with her feeding tube....

Comparing you niggaz to her....

Cuz you niggaz will just be force fed any piece of shit lineup Ed calls Van Halen...

But it ain't Van Halen without Michael Anthony....

Wait...

Wait...

Wait for it....

AWHAAAAAHAAAW SHIT WARF RELAPSED!!!!

Now for the crazy ass retard hands and shit!!!!

Clap yo hands!!

WARF is back on the coke and vodka!!!!

Let's get BRAINDEAD and party!!!!

Kristy and her weed is amateur stuff!!!

Uh huh uh huh uh HUH uh

SIR WARF signing out captain!!!
    Last edited by WARF; 06-13-2015 at 05:09 AM.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now everyone's seen an isis rpg execution or three, that ain't so shocking anymore.

47. Thanked ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

WARF (06-13-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm one shot of Jameson's away from starting a new web site!

I predict 14 members by the year 2026....

49. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (06-13-2015)

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Woooooooooooooo!!!

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Optimist; I like it.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries

Rule number 4...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,615 Posts

I'm one shot of Jameson's away from starting a new web site!

I predict 14 members by the year 2026....
    Who can you dupe into paying for it this time?

Thread Information