• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveTheScott
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2007

Dave's Website Domain Expired? WTF?

Check it out...

The official David Lee Roth website. The Roth Show videos, playlists and more.

Maybe changing domains? Even if so, why wouldn't he keep it?

rothsite.jpg
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Maybe he rehired the TK! LOL

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nobody is tending the farm... Dave needs a new dog.
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

The domain expired a few days ago.....

Originally it was thought it was a legal issue, but at this point who the hell knows....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Eh, like that Smiths tune: it says nothing about me and my life.

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Can I buy a vowel?

WH_ F_CKING C_RES?

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Who really gives a shit? If you wanna have some fun click this: http://www.realmofdarkness.net/fg/dlr-asteroids

Yes, the DLR Asteroids game has resurfaced!!
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                The domain expired a few days ago.....

Originally it was thought it was a legal issue, but at this point who the hell knows....
                Back when the "legal issue" came up... I suspected it might have been a "personnel" issue... in that an employee within DDE who held all of the on-line keys may have gotten the axe for some lame reason and as a farewell gesture turned out all the lights when they hit the door.

It's highly doubtful that Dave's debit card expired and he forgot to update his auto-pay on his goDaddy account...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that the domain registration has fully expired and is pending renewal or deletion with the following status... Registrar Status clientHold, clientTransferProhibited ??

The domain had been active for 18 years to the day... created 06-11-1997 and expired 06-12-2015...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    Doesn't anyone else find it odd that the domain registration has fully expired and is pending renewal or deletion with the following status... Registrar Status clientHold, clientTransferProhibited ??

The domain had been active for 18 years to the day... created 06-11-1997 and expired 06-12-2015...
                    Maybe Dave has something in his contract prohibiting him from publically commenting about anything until his services are no longer required as a vocalist for VH.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

He's done a bunch of interviews, podcasts, etc... since he rejoined. Most of those popped up about 5 years to the date after he rejoined.

Comment

• silverfish
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        Maybe Dave has something in his contract prohibiting him from publically commenting about anything until his services are no longer required as a vocalist for VH.
                        How does "no comment" affect keeping the domain under your control?
                        Originally posted by sadaist
                        I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think he just doesn't give a shit.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

He may not give a shit about himself being active on the net... but he owns a brand he's been selling his entire life which is purely media based. Why allow that avenue to fall apart when you are back on the big stage and in the current consciousness of popular entertainment..?

Many of you "fans" seem to be of the mindset that Dave is such a smart businessman when it comes to promoting his music and brand... this current situation is NOT the actions of a smart business move. Quite the opposite in my opinion...

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I can't believe anyone would waste their time wondering what is up with a stupid fucking domain name.

It's not like Dave has ever used it for anything of substance anyway.

Somehow I think Dave spends more time figuring out which scarf he's going to fling around on stage, than he does about internet bullshit.

Comment

Working...