Sammy Hagar says hes being taken to legal action over VH songs being played live.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

F A T boy put out a new video today lol

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Spammy is fast becoming another attention whore Jimmy Page. Only sadder.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

He's morphing into...

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

When two F A T losers get together, what do they talk about? F A T bullshit.

Trunk is an ass (despite what he's done for Metal in the media), and Granny Cheddar is still that ol' lyin' unfunny cunt.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Doesn't matter how Spam explains his awesome abilities and how wonderful he is; to the camera, once again or how many albums he sold with Van Halen, once again.

He is the single most uninteresting person who ever told a story about himself over and over again.

Instead of being interesting he explains to the viewer, "about why you" should view him as interesting.

His lyrics with VH are so singular in their appeal they do not play in any other context, forgettable and without merit in any other time.

The lyrics are very trendy ...none worth hearing again and again...as uninteresting as he is.

I singularly hail ED as the driving force of why any Hagar VH sold anything...with DLR in VH it sounds like a group a band...with VH Hagar...... the listener is only hearing ED's majesty.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Jetstream
              Foot Soldier
              • Dec 2011

A lot of this constant bickering can be fixed to a large extent if a name change really did take place to note the obvious, they are two totally different incarnations of the band. Remaster the Hagar year LPs for the fans that appreciate that style of AOR music and change the band name to Van Hagar on those LPs. They are different bands not only from the voice but to the compositional approach and style of music, and if Warner Brothers would allow it now, it should happen. I guess if Roth would have been the ego maniac some observers claim him to be, he should have named the band Roth N Halen in the beginning instead of suggesting Van Halen, then the significant contributions of him and Hagar could be respected and stand on their own removed from the constant changes of those who happen to share the last name with the band's name. Those songs where not written soley by Edward and Al, the lyrics and placement of melodies (and to an extent the melodies themselves) where done by Dave or Sam. The arguing is being fueled simply by a name which does not share the same content in different incarnations held onto by the guitarist... and I doubt seriously Roth or Hagar joined a band thinking it meant they where part of a Edward Van Halen solo project as just accessories when their contributions went far past that assumption in my opinion
              I got lost in the...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                He's morphing into...
                I thought this was Sammy. I didn't know Sam ate tacos. I thought he sucked dicks.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  Mas Tequila!!

Mas Smoking Loon.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Jetstream
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    Mas Tequila!!

It's Cheech and Chong!
                    I got lost in the...

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by philouze
                      When two F A T losers get together, what do they talk about? F A T bullshit.

Trunk is an ass (despite what he's done for Metal in the media), and Granny Cheddar is still that ol' lyin' unfunny cunt.
                      Trunk hasn't done much of anything for metal, far as I can see. Certainly nothing nearly as important as the musicians themselves.

By the time Trunk got any sort of national/widespread recognition 15 or so years ago, most of the defining metal acts had already seen their greatest days recede in the rearview mirror years ago. Regarding those acts, Trunk is just a scavenger picking what little meat is left off the carcass and spreading gossip and rumors. I will say Trunk via his radio and tv shows provides a public forum for younger current metal acts to be heard in interview form, but this is probably only of interest to those who are fans of those groups already. Very little of what Trunk has to say is anything I have found particularly insightful.

I mean, talking about music is always going to run a very distant second to actually listening to it.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• lesfunk
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

As stupid and petty as this lawsuit is, if it causes Hagar grief, I approve.
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Fuck Spammy McFagar.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                            Fuck Spammy McFagar.
                            Sammy will always be a bigger douche than EVH. A few days ago was an example of prime oneupsmanship.
                            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2006

I'm no Spammy fan but it makes Ed and Al look guilty of petty bullshit at this point. That said leave Classic VH alone Spam Can!

If you look closely at the RWTD video by "The Other Half" you can see Mikey watching a video of Eddie on the monitors so he knows what notes to play on bass. ; )
                              Last edited by GreenBayLA; 06-22-2015, 11:32 PM.
                              "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Never was
                                Foot Soldier
                                • May 2012

Van Hagar is awful cliche shit but it was SPAMMY's awful cliche shit so let him play it.

Now spammy playing Dave's music like RWTD makes as much sense as Dave going out solo and playing Dreams.

Just a sad attempt to cling onto relevance. Spammy looks awful doing it.

He wants desperately to be the co-lead and equal to Dave. Spammy sang Daves tunes in the band Dave named which saw 75% of their sales generated by the music he co-wrote. Dave has never tried to suck on Spammy's saggy creative tit and is self made for good or bad. Spammy latched onto Dave's work and is living a life trying to build himself up standing on what Dave created. Sad and pathetic just like the music he has tried to create.

Comment

Working...