Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Sammy Hagar says hes being taken to legal action over VH songs being played live. - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sammy Hagar says hes being taken to legal action over VH songs being played live.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy Hagar says hes being taken to legal action over VH songs being played live.

Sammy Hagar tells Eddie Trunk that Ed &Al Van Halen have taken legal action to stop Hagar from playing VH songs live.

Listen at 31:00 min mark.

Thanks to Greg Renoff for the heads up.

"They hated Sammy Hagar for 12 years and they hate him to this day." - Gary Cherone
    I brought my pencil!!!

A bit fucking stupid. Who cares what he is playing?
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Sam co-wrote those songs, pretty sure he's got the right to play them live. And if Sam manages to sell ten copies of the live thing, then Ed and Al still get paid.

Not sure what to think of this interview, is Sam blowing things out of proportion or are Ed and Al being unreasonable. Neither is out of character for either camp.

And Eddie Trunk is still a turd.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
        Sam co-wrote those songs, pretty sure he's got the right to play them live. And if Sam manages to sell ten copies of the live thing, then Ed and Al still get paid.

Not sure what to think of this interview, is Sam blowing things out of proportion or are Ed and Al being unreasonable. Neither is out of character for either camp.

And Eddie Trunk is still a turd.
        Yeah, Trunk IS still a turd. Always has been. It's just his nature. And just the idea of listening to Trunk interview Hagar makes me sleepy.

On one level, why would the Van Halens care if Hagar is playing Sam Halen music live? Even if he is playing the music live, recording it and selling it, as long as the Van Halens get their cut who gives a shit? Then again, I have no idea what legal arrangements were made when Hagar left the group regarding ownership and usage of the material, so maybe Hagar is engaged in activities that Van Halens legal representation view as having operated outside the contractual parameters of the agreement.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

this is one of the worst things Hagar has ever done

Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

it's simple ! have a look to the rights here :

Like the dave's band could play "Eruption" Dave has the right for Eruption like ed, al and mike !
            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

Okay, so I fought off sleep and listened to the relevant 5 minutes of the interview.

Hagar claims his version of Van Halen sold "40 to 47 million records" (?!).

Trunk claims that for a certain generation/age of Van Halen fan, the Van Hagar material was just as iconic as anything CVH ever did.

Hagar states that he and Mike Anthony have separate publishing / a separate publishing entity than the Van Halens. So, basically, if Hagar wants to go on television and play Van Hagar material that is to be broadcasted, he needs to get the Van Halens publishing to sign off on it. I'm assuming that with any current live releases of that material Sammy undertakes, he has to both notify and pay Van Halens publishing. As to if Van Halen have any actual legal basis or standing to prohibit Hagar from performing the material...not really, although they can slap him with a lawsuit anyway just to fuck with him.

Hagar then says that "for whatever reasons" Van Halen currently isn't playing Van Hagar material live, so it's up to Sammy to represent that era of Van Halen live. Which is fair enough in the sense that were one (for whatever reasons) to go see Sammy Hagar live, you'd certainly expect him to play a few Sam Halen songs.
              Last edited by Terry; 06-18-2015, 02:25 PM.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

I can't imagine why anybody would WANT to hear the Van Hagar cheese ballads live in 2015, but Spam co-wrote them with Eddie, so he's got every right to sing them, if he wants to. Obviously Eddie doesn't ever want to play that cheesy shit again. Maybe the material truly embarrasses him now, and maybe it should? But that really doesn't equal him being able to legally keep the Ched "rocker" from singing them.

Now him and Sobolewski playing Van HALEN songs... that's entirely another matter. Yes, Mikey gets a publishing credit on most of those songs (dunno if his name is on the most current release of the 1984 album. It wasn't on the last one) but does anybody REALLY believe he had any actual involvement in writing them?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

I forgot about that part.

If Sam always hated to play songs from the original Van Halen albums, then he shouldn't bother playing them now.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                    Hagar claims his version of Van Halen sold "40 to 47 million records" (?!).

Blatant fucking liar.....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

If the US would just sign up to the fucking treaty then the International Criminal Court could have jailed Hagar years ago for crimes against humanity.

Comment

I listened to some of it and thought fuck it let him play his shitty songs.
                        I did love the idea of him replacing percy in sam zeplin/led hagar. Surely rock music as a collective would rise up and chase the monster from the village
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Mas Tequila!!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

LEAVE SPAMMY ALONE!

How fucking dare anyone of you failed musicians out there make fun of Spammy after all he has been through!

He wrote a book, he claimed to have had his bloated asshole reamed by aliens. He's had who knows how many F A T illegitimate kids.

His former band mate turned out to be a meth user, a backpedaler, and now he’s going through a song custody battle. All you people care about is.. readers and making money off of him.

SPAMMY IS A F A T FUCK! What you don’t realize is that Spammy is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.

F A T Spammy hasn’t performed on stage in years. Spammy only knows 'one way to rock' because there is only one way to rock - the F A T Spammy way and all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE-MORE-MORE!

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS! LEAVE THE F A T FUCK ALONE...Please.

Perez Hilton talked about professionalism and said if Spammy was a professional at being a complete asshole. Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time?

Leave Spammy alone! Please! Leave F A T Red Rocker alone! Right now! I mean it! Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.
                            Last edited by Kristy; 06-18-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Spammy has made more money at one Van Halen show than all of the F A T failed musicians at this site for their careers! You heard Kristy! Leave F A T Spammy alone!!

Comment

Working...
                              X