Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

16 days before the start of a tour and EVH slams DLR....

I've never been one for the conspiracy theories that a tour won't last, yadda yadda, but you can't imagine that Dave is gonna be happy about all this....

Just a bizarre article of Ed slamming basically everyone, but himself of course...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jetstream
      Foot Soldier
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

I've never been one for the conspiracy theories that a tour won't last, yadda yadda, but you can't imagine that Dave is gonna be happy about all this....

Just a bizarre article of Ed slamming basically everyone, but himself of course...
      Nah, I do not think anything Ed just said about Dave would be anything worth pissing off Dave enough to overturn the fact that Sammy just said "Fuck You" to Eduardo to not bond Dave and Ed for eternity lol
      I got lost in the...

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Will it help tickets sales ? Dave may be laughing his ass off. Job for life etc
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• atomicpnk47
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2007

Eddie doesn't want to do anything band related. He's looking for an out. He just wants to putz around with Wolf in the studio noodling the rest of his life away.....

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Ed's comments are indefensible.

As usual his problem remains that he thinks it is a zero game. In order to reinforce his sons part in the band he thinks he has to put Anthony down in the same way when he wanted to support Hagar joining the band he thought he had to put Roth down.

It's a dumb strategy which was destructive and self defeating then and almost 30 years on he doesn't seem to have learned anything.
            Gotta agree with Sesh here.

Ed's pissed at Mike and has been since what, forever? Why? Because Mike got a 1/4 share of the cashola. Did Mike write any songs? Nope. Did Al write ANY songs? Nope. But, dopey Al can't make it from his front door to the beer store and back with a grand in his pocket without coming home broke. Plus he's Ed's brother and all that. So Ed seems to forget that Al contributed nothing to the songwriting.

Now, I happen to think that Mike's voice is as integral to the Van Halen sound as Ed's guitar playing, Dave's singing, and Al's drumming. You take each one and put them on their own and they're all instantly recognizable. You put them together and it's fuckin magic. It's Van Halen. You take any one of them out of the mix and...you ain't gotta be lookin' at it to see that it ain't Van Halen. But I've supported Ed's "latest and greatest" version of VH. Let's see...two digital dowloads of ADKOT, two CD copies, three concert tickets, a half dozen shirts, not to mention all the free advertising I've done across 37 failed websites (that all made money, luckily, since I'm still paying off Warf's MasterCharge) and the giant red VH sticker on the back of my SUV. So I've more than supported Ed's vision or hallucination or whatever it was/is.

Where was I...oh yeah, what Sesh said. All Ed can do is take a giant shit on everything that has come before whatever latest version he trots out. "Dave sucked! This is the REAL Van Halen!"...."Sammy sucked! This is the REAL Van Halen. Gary's my brother!"..."Mikey sucked! This is the, uh, what is this? Oh yeah, this is the REAL Van Halen! Wolfie's the leader of the band, man." So it's not surprising, not at all, that he's now trying to convince the world that he wrote all of Mike's bass lines and that he had to teach Mike how to play them all. It's typical Ed. In his little dried up, burned out brain he HAS to tell himself that each new "version" is the best and surpasses all the rest because that's how he gauges success and that's how he rationalizes the "failure" of the last version. "Yeah, man, it sucked. I mean I can't stand that guy. But, hey man, this new cat - he's sexy, man!" Oh yeah, and don't forget that EVERYBODY else lies about everything. But Ed always tells the truth. Funny how that happens, ain't it?

And whoever it was that said Mike should stand up for himself - hell yeah, you're right on. Mike should go to the first show and jump up on stage and punch that fucker right in the mouth and knock those 149 dollar Same Day Dentures right down Ed's Filthy Methy Mouth. Then maybe take a piss on him if there was time before Security came wheezing and wobbling up on the stage. Or just post a video on his site of him telling Ed to go fuck himself. That would work too. Probably be the smart thing to do. I think my idea is better though.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Ladies and gentlemen introducing the fabulous , the incredible Mike apologists

Comment

• Jetstream
                Foot Soldier
                • Dec 2011

Seriously, I thought ignoring Sammy would be the best thing in the world since the reunion but I think now if they would make some direct comments to Sammy he would implode to our enjoyment. Ed is a social idiot but he has his musical legacy with classic Van Halen to survive media stupidity as a mad genius and Sam does not. Dave got the ball rolling for finally bringing attention to his Sam's lies about record sales and says Sam has no credibility and Sam freaks and ignores the question and responds to his idea of 'quality' and not credibility and posts a Guitar Player magazine excuse to excuse his lies which was comical. Now Sam uses Mike as an excuse to do some more stupid shit. In the end, Sammy will have swam so far out into the ocean of no return (and take all his fans very far away from the continent of Van Halen in support of their wayward Captain Red) and all it will take is for Dave to say something like Sam is fat... or better yet for tubby Wolf to say Sam is fat and then for Edward to really let loose on Sam when he picks on his son, with of course Sam using a Mikey plug in the rebuttal lol
                I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

And another thing: you know how some people, when they quit drinking or smoking or become health food fanatics they turn into the biggest assholes on the planet? Yeah, that's not what happened to Ed. He's always been a miserable fuck. He hated Mike from day one. He hated Dave since before day one. Why? I'll tell you why. What makes Ed happy? Sitting in his studio playing music with his brother. And now with his brother and his kid. "The Three Twins". Really?? It doesn't get anymore narcissistic than that! I think what's pissed Ed off so much all these years is that he and Al can't do it all themselves. Sure, him and Wolfie and Al could go on tour, just the three of them, and maybe 15 people would show up to every show. And I think it eats Ed up to the point that he basically hates everybody else on the planet. Except his husband and his little dog. Oh yeah, and his kid and brother. And that's pretty much it.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    Ladies and gentlemen introducing the fabulous , the incredible Mike apologists
                    Blah blah blah - you'd pay 2000 bucks to go see a show with Mike on the bass lol and singing in Van Halen

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      Blah blah blah - you'd pay 2000 bucks to go see a show with Mike on the bass lol and singing in Van Halen
                      instead of Dave

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        instead of Dave
                        Nah, I think Dave's gonna blow it out on this tour. At least I sure hope so.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

Bizarre is right. I don't understand the attacks on Mike- that seemed to come way out of left field. And to basically say that he's a shitty bass player and his vocals were overrated? Why? As for Dave, I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't be motivated to work on a new album. For starters, what the hell else does he have to do? Does the below sound plausible?

Ed: Hey Dave, we're gonna get together and start working on a new album.
                          DLR: Ya know, i'm just gonna hang in Japan and get more tats. i'm good.

And as i mentioned in my first comment, Dave is who he is and Ed knows that. If he was content to sit on his ass, why would he have agreed to tour? Strange interview...

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

Mr. Hagar has responded....

https://t.co/zxPn5kSlMO
                            In less than two minutes, Hagar went from just defending Michael Anthony, to playing the victim and perpetuating the same bullshit that Eddie intentionally fucked with Sammy during concerts for no reason whatsoever, just because he could. Which, even with everything considered about EVH's personality, I still have a hard time believing that actually took place.

And to all the Sammy fans in the comments on Facebook, need I remind you that popularity of music =/= quality of music?
                            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

I don't know...maybe there's A Little Bit Of Truth to what Ed's saying, much as I hate to admit it. Wolf keeps posting little clips of the band playing songs all the fans would love to hear. But the question is: Can Dave sing them? I mean, what, he's gonna sing Light Up The Sky in the "lower register"? Yeah, no thanks. So maybe Dave isn't as interested in cutting a new record as he is in trying to become a Ninja or a tatted up Japanese gangster or a guy who wears a bunny outfit and extols the benefits of Pop Tarts and Red Bull. Or...maybe Dave just got tired of saying "Let's GO!!" to Ed through the gates of Ed's driveway. Who knows.

Ah, the whole thing is fucked up. And the sad part is - it ain't headline news anymore. This kind of dysfunctional weirdness might have been newsworthy 30 years ago. But the sad fact is most people just don't give a shit any more. Personally, I'd like to see a new record of new material (I loved the re-recording of the old stuff but I refuse to learn the new lyrics because I'm old as fuck) and I'd like to see Dave wail like a banshee on this tour. That would generate some heat and maybe just get people talking about the band again. Outside of the 15 regular posters here.

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Also, I don't believe Eddie and Dave have "no relationship", Look at the 2012 "Interviews" of the VH brothers and Dave chatting about the past. They must have some level of a relationship, even if Ed doesn't want to admit it.
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...