DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    The phrase "He basically played on bass what Eddie would tell him" is the key part to me. I have no doubt the video camera aspect is at the very least embellished, if not blatantly lied by EVH, but obviously Sam knows at some level what Ed was talking about....

But I agree with you WARF, there was no reason to bash Mike like that, especially since Mike has always stayed above the fray of this bickering, and I have no problem with Sam defending him....

But his book confirms that maybe he was defending Mike just a bit too much, and that at least some of what EVH was saying had some truth to it....
    Ed: No, no, no, play this bum buh bah and just keep doing that. And play that part like this."

I'd bet 100 American Dollars that's pretty much how it always went down. Mike was probably treated like an employee plus you got a drunk ass Ed in there all nite alone coming up with what he thinks should be changed and take this out and add that and I'd bet money that's what Ed did. So Mike shows up the next day and now Ed's telling him you gotta play this this way!

But that's not what the implication is here. Ed's implying that Mike can't play worth shit, doesn't know his instrument, can't come up with even the simplest bass line, and had to watch videos of Ed playing it all for him so he could sit and watch them over and over and over until he had it figured out. He's also running his stupid cock sucker saying Mike's voice isn't important, he can't sing, blah blah blah. In other words: Me, Me, Me, ME!! I was responsible for all of it EXCEPT the lyrics, which are so worthless to MY songs that I don't even recall any of them. Even though I've been listening to them for 137 years at ear shattering volumes, nite after nite after nite.

Mike didn't write songs. Big fuckin deal. Let's hear one of Al's little gems, Ed.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 4 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (06-22-2015),chefcraig (06-21-2015),Dave's Bitch (06-21-2015),Jetstream (06-21-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

I heard Mike wrote the lyrics for intruder....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (06-21-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    I heard Mike wrote the lyrics for intruder....
    I heard it was Spanish Fly

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I will say this. What really is twisted is Sam's video response. First, notice how dickhead says 'those guys' need to lay off of Mikey when it is Edward who said it. Yes, Sam is a dickhead because I do not believe one bit that this 'spontaneous' response of his (as he made sure to mention before his clip) really has anything for him caring about Anthony as much as his own selfish agenda to associate himself with Van Halen after Mr. Replacement singer is over a decade removed from his spurt with the group. This is the fucked up aspect of Van Halen, as most mention it is not a band. 'Van Halen' has become more of a entity they all use for notoriety in individual ways, but not as a group with one objective, namely the music. Sammy put that video out as a opportunity to benefit himself and that is what compounds the total suckish of this whole thing. But you know what, let these freaks all go after each other in the media because that is the only thing that is entertaining about them at the moment and seems to be the only thing they actually have passion about lol
    Last edited by Jetstream; 06-21-2015 at 11:36 AM.

7. Thanked Jetstream for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (06-21-2015)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteLS5 View Post
    What about failed musicians?
    Same thing. Diffy being failed musicians get no press. Which is a blessing.

Maybe Eddie will form a band with the members of Coldplay and call it PlayVan.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I will say this. What really is twisted is Sam's video response. First, notice how dickhead says 'those guys' need to lay off of Mikey when it is Edward who said it. Yes, Sam is a dickhead because I do not believe one bit that this 'spontaneous' response of his (as he made sure to mention before his clip) really has anything for him caring about Anthony as much as his own selfish agenda to associate himself with Van Halen after Mr. Replacement singer is over a decade removed from his spurt with the group. This is the fucked up aspect of Van Halen, as most mention it is not a band. 'Van Halen' has become more of a entity they all use for notoriety in individual ways, but not as a group with one objective, namely the music. Sammy put that video out as a opportunity to benefit himself and that is what compounds the total suckish of this whole thing. But you know what, let these freaks all go after each other in the media because that is the only thing that is entertaining about them at the moment and seems to be the only thing they actually have passion about lol
    If you read Sammy's shitty book, he blatantly contradicts himself by saying that Eddie and Alex both rejected songs that Mikey brought to the table, and then he writes that Mikey never wrote a note of music for Van Halen. Which one is it, Spammy? The only reason why that article went viral in the first place is because you are such a fucking attention whore and you think it's all about you. You really are the psycho ex-girlfriend of Van Halen.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    "Fame doesn't rest well on anyone's shoulders." --Mick Jagger--

In short. If you are not related to Edward Van Halen you aren't worth a pint of donkey piss in his narcissistic and nepotistic mind. Ed thinks like a monarch. A rotten one.

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-21-2015 @ 04:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A Friday night for Mikey, a bottle of hot sauce, and 3 hours of Ed playing an open "E" on video......

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Michael Anthony. The happiest person who ever was in Van Halen. I'm sure when he smells some Eddie shit he just rolls down the window of one of his very expensive rides and guns the throttle knowing he has his whole tongue, he has real friends and family, his teeth are real and he isn't an asshole. Yeah Mike is going to have enjoyable golden years driving around in his very nice motor home while Ed and Al sit miserable in their little delusional club house nobody cares about anymore. Wolfie. Lose the weight and go to medical school. Your parents can afford it. You have the time and we are going to be short doctors. We don't need another delusional musician and face it kid, you have no career once pop goes toes up.

Remember folks you are as big as what bothers you and the best revenge is living well. If you want more revenge than that be sure to serve the dish cold. That way they won't see the left hook coming out of nowhere and you won't be a suspect.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-21-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dave needs to take advantage of the situation. Ideally, it would make sense to finish this tour and see if they can come out with another LP because Roth by some twerk (yes, I use twerk because I like to imagine girls asses doing weird shit over hearing the greatest hits part deux again) makes some great music with Eduardo but these guys are in their 60s now. Go ahead and play the Van Halen melodramatic game and use the Anthony diatribe response as an excuse to freaking leave Van Halen and all the masses will think it is because you are a cool upstanding guy and will top any high school "fuck you" by Hagar because actions speak louder than words. Release that freaking John 5 album and show us all the crazy ass shit your can't still wacko mind has left. Fuck, you do not have to tour, do fucking LPs because dude you are sixty. John 5 is a pretty damn good guitarist and the dude's mind is fresh with ideas. Sammy is not coming back in any successful stint anymore... YOU WIN!

14. Thanked Jetstream for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-21-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ed and Al's Delusional Club House....bwahahahahahahaha!!! I hope that shows up one one of Eddie's alerts he's got set up

I swear, Higgins, you're a friggin genius.

16. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Believe me Dave is taking advantage of the situation. How's the tour pay Dave? Ha! ha! Ride the bull until it dies Diamond David Lee Roth. Take all the money you can out of the Van Halen's pockets and when it's tapped, write some dirt. I'll buy it.

18. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (06-21-2015),Jetstream (06-21-2015)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Ed and Al's Delusional Club House....bwahahahahahahaha!!! I hope that shows up one one of Eddie's alerts he's got set up

I swear, Higgins, you're a friggin genius.
    Summer time finally rolled in up here in the mountains. My cracked ribs are almost healed up and I'm looking forward to raising some hell. Yeah baybee! I'm feeling good and the juices are flowing!

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

On a funny note, Sam just had a Circle concert and some of his fans are pissed. He only performed 90 minutes they claim and no encore... guess you do not have that many hits as you thought and being that it was dubbed Anthony's birthday bash, his contribution suggested the concert be rather short lol

21. Thanked Jetstream for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-21-2015)

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They only go for the VH songs, Spam. Not, Where Eagles Shit.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    On a funny note, Sam just had a Circle concert and some of his fans are pissed. He only performed 90 minutes they claim and no encore... guess you do not have that many hits as you thought and being that it was dubbed Anthony's birthday bash, his contribution suggested the concert be rather short lol
    Now, now, I've seen a ton of posts by people that loved the show. And a 90 minute set is nothing to be disappointed with. I mean, Sam is what - 97 years old?

The odd thing is they've got this huge back drop with an Alien head on it. Like Roswell type alien. I guess Sammy's gonna go to his grave believing he got his brain downloaded by aliens. And just what did the aliens teach him? Marketing and business skills is my guess. If I was him I'd ask for my own flying saucer so I could fly over Eddie's Delusional Club House and shoot it with lasers and stuff.

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now, now, I've seen a ton of posts by people that loved the show.
    Where do you see these posts?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guwapo_rocker View Post
    Where do you see these posts?
    www.cheddarlovinsheep.com?

26. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

guwapo_rocker (06-21-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Don't give DONNIEP any web site ideas!

28. 4 users say thank you to WARF for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (06-21-2015),FORD (06-21-2015),guwapo_rocker (06-21-2015),PETE'S BROTHER (06-22-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Nah, I just did a quick google search. Apparently Slappy has a Twitter account and there's positive posts there and elsewhere. Its kinda surprising that the guy still draws crowds, smaller ones than VH obviously, but damn if he doesn't have a lot of fans. I wonder if people actually buy his newer records. I mean, the guy puts one out like twice a year or something.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Don't give DONNIEP any web site ideas!
    If I thought it would make me money you'd be a webmaster at it right now

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    The phrase "He basically played on bass what Eddie would tell him" is the key part to me. I have no doubt the video camera aspect is at the very least embellished, if not blatantly lied by EVH, but obviously Sam knows at some level what Ed was talking about....

But I agree with you WARF, there was no reason to bash Mike like that, especially since Mike has always stayed above the fray of this bickering, and I have no problem with Sam defending him....

But his book confirms that maybe he was defending Mike just a bit too much, and that at least some of what EVH was saying had some truth to it....
    Well included in the same interview Ed claims he did all his partying alone locked in his room which is where he wrote all this material... So in order for Mike to be able to perform these new songs... someone might have to show him what was produced.

Also if Ed spent his alone time drunk as a skunk and all jacked up on coke writing these master pieces... I'm sure once he emerged from his cave he immediately sobered up and I'm confident that he retained great clarity of all his band interaction memories. I can see this whole matter getting sorted out with Ed...

Ed: I swear Mike had to video me showing him how to play every note!!

Al: When did this happen?

Ed: Right before we released 1984... that fucker was following me around with a camera for hours asking me how to play!

Al: Ed that wasn't Mike... that was the video crew and we were making the Jump video...

Ed: Huh?

32. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-21-2015),DONNIEP (06-21-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Well included in the same interview Ed claims he did all his partying alone locked in his room which is where he wrote all this material... So in order for Mike to be able to perform these new songs... someone might have to show him what was produced.

Also if Ed spent his alone time drunk as a skunk and all jacked up on coke writing these master pieces... I'm sure once he emerged from his cave he immediately sobered up and I'm confident that he retained great clarity of all his band interaction memories. I can see this whole matter getting sorted out with Ed...

Ed: I swear Mike had to video me showing him how to play every note!!

Al: When did this happen?

Ed: Right before we released 1984... that fucker was following me around with a camera for hours asking me how to play!

Al: Ed that wasn't Mike... that was the video crew and we were making the Jump video...

Ed: Huh?
    Hahahahahaha!! Another Masterpiece that I hope shows up on Ed's Scary VH Emergency Alert System!

34. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-21-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Can you imagine what would happen if someone sent Ed a link to this thread? Now I'm not suggesting anyone should do it - I'm just saying it would be hilarious. But don't do it. That wouldn't be nice.

Screw you, Ed. Ya know, just in case.

36. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-21-2015)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    This thread will drive Ed back onto the Smoking Loon.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    This thread will drive Ed back onto the Smoking Loon.
    He's more entertaining when he's half in the bag. I say break out the Loon!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

I'm the god of hell fire and you know where liars go Ed. Do you? You know what liars get. Do you? Throwing loyal band mates under the bus and telling lies get's you fire baby!

40. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Satan (06-21-2015)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Dave should do the interviews. Keep the matches away from Ed.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    He's more entertaining when he's half in the bag. I say break out the Loon!
    Break out the smokes!

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    If you read Sammy's shitty book, he blatantly contradicts himself by saying that Eddie and Alex both rejected songs that Mikey brought to the table, and then he writes that Mikey never wrote a note of music for Van Halen. Which one is it, Spammy? The only reason why that article went viral in the first place is because you are such a fucking attention whore and you think it's all about you. You really are the psycho ex-girlfriend of Van Halen.
    Say what you want about Sammy, but you're still talking about him. positively or negatively, he's still in the spotlight to an extent.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    This I agree with.. Dave has gotten weirder as time has moved forward. It's just weird & creepy for the most part.
    You don't think shiny horse-teeth "Makeover Ed" isn't weird or creepy?

45. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (06-21-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Idiots online are now blaming the interviewer for butchering the interview in favor of Hagar!

Read the last post...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=661035204041674

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    You don't think shiny horse-teeth "Makeover Ed" isn't weird or creepy?
    Not as much as jazz-hands grandpa, no. He needs to reel it in a bit.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sam is a flaming bag of dogshit, yet Eddie Van Halen manages to make him look like a prince in comparison...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Not as much as jazz-hands grandpa, no. He needs to reel it in a bit.
    Reel it in? I don't think you can reel in that much gayness. The only thing he could do to be gayer would be to start wearing full on Liberace costumes and borrow some sunglasses from Elton John!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Can't imagine Sam would use van halen to promote himself in any way shape or form .
    While watching Sam's video, I noticed an ad for a cookbook/"how to party" guide Sam wrote. Add in the T-shirts promoting his rum...for a guy who supposedly has so much of his own going on, he sure likes to talk about VH.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    While watching Sam's video, I noticed an ad for a cookbook/"how to party" guide Sam wrote. Add in the T-shirts promoting his rum...for a guy who supposedly has so much of his own going on, he sure likes to talk about VH.
    This is his first interview without wearing his "beach rum" tshirt!

52. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-22-2024 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hagar Defends Anthony

Say what you will...Hagar is right on this one. And loyal.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Been posted dude. Is Sammy Hagar a bag of self-promoting shit and a liar, absolutely. Is he right on this one? Absolutely!! Does Ed think he has to defend his son buy pissing on Sobo? Asshole...

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This is why we, are here, I was there....you all are here ...get with the program and to all you who even bring Haggis into the equation suck it dry blow me read the words and weep.

ED should, can say and do what he wants. Mike knows where he was DLR Al and ED were there also, stratosphere...

You punk mother fuckers need the truth.....any kind....... your own escapes you, any.. kind of .... perhaps, another ....stratosphere......just the same different day...

Buy your tickets now the water cooler was closed down by the management......see the show.

Thread Information