• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

EVH: Billboard Mag Cover Story Sneak Peek Via VHND

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • TwoFoolsAMinute
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Outlook not so good.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Hey no shit there is no relationship , better than the whole my new brother bullshit he used to pull.
      Oh Roth the voice of van halen ... Cool
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
        Hey no shit there is no relationship , better than the whole my new brother bullshit he used to pull.
        Oh Roth the voice of van halen ... Cool
        ... except it seems that Ed is the voice of VH, as far as communicating with the public goes ... I'm still curious as to why there have been no interviews with Dave, especially since the live album was "his choice" (as Ed has said many times).
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Peter Gabriel "so"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

Comment

• philouze
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

That's photoshopped...

The original was this:

Comment

• CVH Rulz
              Head Fluffer
              • Jun 2005

Ed, just retire already if your heart isn't in it. I could give a fuck about Mike anymore, but what the people want is not a half-hearted effort, not to hear you don't even want to be there. Let Dave and Wolf move on and you and Al can sit at home and sue people until your heart is content!

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

[QUOTE=philouze;1887467]That's photoshopped...

The original was this:

[IMG]http://gerarddesuresnes.fr/wp

Ed should look so good these days.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

At least Ed finally came to the realization that a Roth-fronted Van Halen is what the fans want to see.

If only he had came to this realization 20 years ago, when there was still a decent amount of juice left in the tank for him and Dave to operate off of, there might have been a more productive reunion. As it is, both of these guys are running on close to vapor these days.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Here's what I posted at the VHND this AM. It was dumped within 5 minutes...

Well he's certainly changed his mind over the years. He never wanted to be a nostalgia act. I for one am glad Dave is back in, but these quotes pretty much solidify the fact that he's going through the motions. Call me selfish, but I wish he had a better relationship with Dave and that they were creating new music that they could grow with. I always wanted to believe that VH could be a decent functioning band again like way back when. Not the case. To them, this band is their job. Something they never would have called it 35 years ago.
                    Last edited by DLR Bridge; 06-19-2015, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Jetstream
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2011

I will hold on making any accurate evaluation of this interview till I read the whole interview because it obviously insinuates a lot for publicity by adding the reviewer's own assumptions before the quotes to shift them into some kind of melodramatic bullshit the media seems allowed to do now without sticking to the facts. Comments by the reviewer like Ed has to "soldier on" alongside David when Ed simply then states they do not hang much together but hardly ever says in what is shown that they hate one another. One can say what they want, but for all the money Hagar has accumulated by name association (and he does it constantly for justification to promote and a dead give away he is one of the most insecure fucks on the planet who knows he will never be great but still wants membership in the real circle of rock legends), Sam sucks at legal choices and unlike Dave, he did not seem to have a separate copyright listed to his creations with Van Halen like Roth did. I think he should be allowed to do his crappy Van Hager music to his paranoid heart's content but he was probably a dumb ass with the copyright permissions when he joined the group. Now if Edward really wanted to make a statement, I think he could if he really did not give a shit about the music. Tell Hagar he can perform all the music he helped created. Remaster all those shitty Hagar induced Van Halen LPs, but for the actual purpose of releasing them with the name Van Halen changed on them and call them Van Hagar... stripping from him any direct link to the classic music which is Van Halen and make it apparent by the name Van Hagar when those crappy LPs are cited
                      I got lost in the...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

“I think it’s now built into people’s DNA, that it just won’t be Van Halen if it’s not Roth’s voice,” he explains. “You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish.”
                        Interesting... is there any other place where the message that it ain't Van Halen without David Lee Roth has been belligerently shouted as loudly and proudly as it has here and for brief time at DDLR.com..?

I believe our demographic has been heard...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Here's the main article....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Holy hell, I don't know even where to start, so many controversial topics in there....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jetstream
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2011

And truthfully, Ed is sort of schizophrenic and the best way to coexist with him is not to get too close to him or he has more fuel to include you in his angst... I think the accurate thing to say is Dave cannot be your friend Edward, because the people you attempt to call friends also end up becoming your target, Edward is the Stalin of band relations lol
                              I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...