X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
    Reading the whole interview, you just can't help but think that he's really got it in for Mike.

What he says makes no sense, really - Mike had to come over and video record Ed playing the parts before going on tour?? Really?! I am not buying it for a minute. .
    I agree, that part more then anything just screams BS for me....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• chuckjitsu
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2012

Ed...man. Where to begin? So the only thing holding up a new album is Dave? I've never heard of Dave's work ethic being an issue. On the other hand, who sat on their ass for eight years (99-07) and basically did nothing (other than walk around looking like a bum)? I just don't buy this.

As for MA, I'd never read or heard about him showing Mike how to play all the bass parts and/or Mike having to film him playing stuff. This just strains credulity. And why the continued need to tear Mike down? It's not enough that he clowns him with the "video taping the bass parts" bit, he has to get in a dig a MA's background vocals as well by basically saying that Mike's contribution was just the ability to hit high notes. So Mike was an unskilled bass player whose only "skill" was being able to hit high notes ("skill" with quotes because after all, Ed sang background vocals as well!). That's tough. Don't understand the continued animosity.

As for his relationship with Dave, from my understanding, he and Dave have never really been friends on any sort of deeper level, even going back to Dave's first stint with the band. Ed knew what he was getting into with Dave back in '07 so spare me the Dave gripes.

The other thing that struck was the implication that Ed is trudging along for the fans- basically putting up with Dave because the fans want to hear VH with Dave on vocals. And while that's true, this band is one of the least fan-friendly bands out there and has been for quite some time. If you're so concerned about the fans, where's all the old audio, video and unreleased stuff that fans have been clamoring about for years? Why can't new material be released more regularly (i forgot- that's Dave's fault)? Why does the set list remain largely unchanged? Why have you been playing the same solo for 35 years?

All in all, a bit of an odd interview from an odd dude.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Dave actually had it right in the Slawterhouse interview posted here recently about the fans out and working their jobs that they hate just needing their band to "sell them a smile". All they do now is sell drama and I ain't buying one red cent's worth. I thought people got wiser as they aged. This present day back and forth is down right juvenile and depressing. I'm teeing up a Van Halen-free weekend. Perhaps longer. I'm disgusted with these bastards right now.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          Dave actually had it right in the Slawterhouse interview posted here recently about the fans out and working their jobs that they hate just needing their band to "sell them a smile". All they do now is sell drama and I ain't buying one red cent's worth. I thought people got wiser as they aged. This present day back and forth is down right juvenile and depressing. I'm teeing up a Van Halen-free weekend. Perhaps longer. I'm disgusted with these bastards right now.
          just relax...
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fraroc
            Commando
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
            Ed...man. Where to begin? So the only thing holding up a new album is Dave? I've never heard of Dave's work ethic being an issue. On the other hand, who sat on their ass for eight years (99-07) and basically did nothing (other than walk around looking like a bum)? I just don't buy this.

As for MA, I'd never read or heard about him showing Mike how to play all the bass parts and/or Mike having to film him playing stuff. This just strains credulity. And why the continued need to tear Mike down? It's not enough that he clowns him with the "video taping the bass parts" bit, he has to get in a dig a MA's background vocals as well by basically saying that Mike's contribution was just the ability to hit high notes. So Mike was an unskilled bass player whose only "skill" was being able to hit high notes ("skill" with quotes because after all, Ed sang background vocals as well!). That's tough. Don't understand the continued animosity.

As for his relationship with Dave, from my understanding, he and Dave have never really been friends on any sort of deeper level, even going back to Dave's first stint with the band. Ed knew what he was getting into with Dave back in '07 so spare me the Dave gripes.

The other thing that struck was the implication that Ed is trudging along for the fans- basically putting up with Dave because the fans want to hear VH with Dave on vocals. And while that's true, this band is one of the least fan-friendly bands out there and has been for quite some time. If you're so concerned about the fans, where's all the old audio, video and unreleased stuff that fans have been clamoring about for years? Why can't new material be released more regularly (i forgot- that's Dave's fault)? Why does the set list remain largely unchanged? Why have you been playing the same solo for 35 years?

All in all, a bit of an odd interview from an odd dude.
            Eddie, Alex, Mike, and Wolfie are all pretty much aware of the fact that Dave was and always will be a loose cannon. It does seem to me that Eddie actually wants to be friends with Dave nowadays but he's being very distant. Van Halen will find a way to carry on, but even if Eddie and Dave never become close ever again.

What I'm impressed is the fact that he admitted that he's had an issue with alcohol and drugs for most of his life, throughout the early 2000s when it was painfully obvious that his health was failing, Eddie kept maintaining that everything was fine with Van Halen and that nothing was wrong, meanwhile everybody could see that the 2004 reunion with Sammy was falling apart at the seams.

Eddie is the epitome of a genius with a screw loose.
            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
              Eddie, Alex, Mike, and Wolfie are all pretty much aware of the fact that Dave was and always will be a loose cannon...
              Shut up, Meg.

Comment

• philouze
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                Shut up, Meg.
                Shhh... Don't you fuckin' get him motherfuckin' started... Shit... He'll slit your motherfuckin' throat...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

When I heard some of the unpolished cuts from the Live In Tokyo album I wondered if Ed decided to put that out just to showcase how bad Roth sounds now. Quite a few of the members here believe VH has plenty of live stuff that probably sounds much better (Dave sounds much better) that could have been used instead. It's fairly obvious he doesn't like Roth. Will it end at the Hollywood Bowl with Ed looking over at Dave and saying "You suck"? The band sounds great nowdays. If you were Ed and felt like he does about Dave wouldn't you consider that the perfect F U ? I wonder if Dave will respond to this interview or just suck it up until the tour is over.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      just relax...
                      I'm a'ight. Just need a few, 7, maybe 9 beers.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Mr. Hagar has responded....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Whoa! Sam is pissed off... weird, but I actually agree.. Ed bagging on Mike is bullshit.
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah, outside of saying "Mikey" Roundy was pretty much right.

Damn, Van Halen is like Game Of Thrones. One minute you're stoked and in awe. The next, you're bummed and pissed.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This is pure Spinal Tap...

“I used metal picks -- they’re brass and copper -- which I always held in my mouth, in the exact place where I got the tongue cancer,” he says. “Plus, I basically live in a recording studio that’s filled with electromagnetic energy. So that’s one theory. I mean, I was smoking and doing a lot of drugs and a lot of everything. But at the same time, my lungs are totally clear. This is just my own theory, but the doctors say it’s possible.”

Comment

• Whorehey
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

"Dirty Movies", "Drop Dead Legs", "Top Jimmy".

Not enough. Sorry.
                                'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

Working...