Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Albums hated by fans - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Albums hated by fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    I have a brass KISS belt buckle that I got for my birthday in the late 70s. Never used it. Yours if you want it.
    Awesome of you Bridge, I really do appreciate the offer. I don't think I could give out a mailing address though, I'd be crazy paranoid it would fall into the wrong hands

Thanks again for the offer though
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
      Awesome of you Bridge, I really do appreciate the offer. I don't think I could give out a mailing address though, I'd be crazy paranoid it would fall into the wrong hands

I can vouch for Bridge, he and I have traded boots. He never showed up and tried to steal my car OR my cheap beer
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIEP View Post
        I can vouch for Bridge, he and I have traded boots. He never showed up and tried to steal my car OR my cheap beer
        Yet.

I still owe you man. Haven't forgot. Just so ridiculously disorganized.

Comment

No prob. Next time I go to the beach I'll skip it across the ocean to ya.

Comment

Back on topic, sort of. That was the first time I ever watched that Elder video. That's not Ace in Ace's make-up, is it? Something just didn't look right. Oh, and thank God Paul played lead on that one. Pfft.

Comment

I have really tried to like KISS , I even went to one of their concerts...at the end of the 90s...they suck! Sorry.
              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

Originally posted by DLR Bridge View Post
                Back on topic, sort of. That was the first time I ever watched that Elder video. That's not Ace in Ace's make-up, is it? Something just didn't look right. Oh, and thank God Paul played lead on that one. Pfft.
                There is no telling with those guys. During the filming of that cheesy Phantom of the Park tv movie, Ace got so plastered he couldn't perform. They replaced him with another actor wearing his make-up and outfit. A black actor.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

a blacktor?
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
                    a blacktor?
                    More or less.

KISS was always pulling shit like that. Hell, Peter Criss didn't even play on the so-so Dynasty album, and when Ace failed to show up, they used Rick Derringer on it as well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

I love Asylum, Crazy Nights and Hot In The Shade too. See, I'm exactly the kind of fan Kiss love. I have a pretty scary amount of useless shit with a Kiss logo or the faces on it. I have posters, pillows, blankets, jammies, glasses, coasters, playing cards, dolls, badges, fridge magnets ,perfume, I could go on.
                      Really? To me, those three albums just felt like the band was churning out that material without any particular passion or purpose. The tunes were just sort of...generic, and agreed with others that the band were definitely hopping on the Bon Jovi template to a degree by the time Crazy Nights rolled around.

Shit, I loved KISS back in the day. Even on comparatively weaker records like Unmasked, there was good stuff to be found. With that Asylum/Crazy Nights/Hot In The Shade trio of records, the group sounded sort of neutered. Like, you could definitely tell Paul had taken over the creative direction of the group.

But I would have to agree that KISS do try to give their fans what they want in terms of making classic kiss material available.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
                        a blacktor?
                        Almost spewed my beer on the laptop...LOL

If I was a thank'n man you would be the first.

With all the doom and gloom Woop and his Hagarites have been spewing around here lately, that chuckle was right on time.

PEACE!
                        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                          Really? To me, those three albums just felt like the band was churning out that material without any particular passion or purpose. The tunes were just sort of...generic, and agreed with others that the band were definitely hopping on the Bon Jovi template to a degree by the time Crazy Nights rolled around.

Shit, I loved KISS back in the day. Even on comparatively weaker records like Unmasked, there was good stuff to be found. With that Asylum/Crazy Nights/Hot In The Shade trio of records, the group sounded sort of neutered. Like, you could definitely tell Paul had taken over the creative direction of the group.

But I would have to agree that KISS do try to give their fans what they want in terms of making classic kiss material available.
                          I can see the comparison and to a degree they were kind of just churning out music that fit in with the times. In fact Kiss said themselves that they were heading in that direction, but guys like Bon Jovi were doing it better. The songs don't have the same feel of the 70's albums, but the thing is, I'm a Bon Jovi fan too, I love cheesy 80's rock . I'm a Paul fan first and foremost (shocker, right?) and his voice was amazing at that time, he really went up there.
                          Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 07-02-2015, 03:26 AM.
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                            Shit, I loved KISS back in the day...But I would have to agree that KISS do try to give their fans what they want in terms of making classic kiss material available.

Yep, that Kissology Volume One: 1974–1977 anthology is always within arm's reach of my DVD player. The box set is terrific, yet my favorite compilation was made up of the first three albums called The Originals. It was released after Destroyer took off, and included trading cards, a booklet, album sleeves and a cool Kiss Army sticker.

Over the years, I've added to it the two Kiss comic books, various doodads like Kiss bubblegum cards and a Fort Lauderdale News review of a show I attended in 1977.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

The only dud on Crazy Nights is No No No. Apart from that, I love that album.
                              The only KI$$ albums I don't like ("hate" is too big a word) are Gene's 1978 LP, Psycho Circus, Sonic Boom and Monster. Few good tunes here and there, but not enough to make a 12 song compilation, in my opinion.
                              Other than that, I like all KI$$ albums. Yes, even Peter's 1978 one!

Oh, and Boomerang and Heaven's on Fire are utter shite. Still my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by clarathecarrot View Post
                                Almost spewed my beer on the laptop...LOL

If I was a thank'n man you would be the first.

With all the doom and gloom Woop and his Hagarites have been spewing around here lately, that chuckle was right on time.

PEACE!
                                embrace the thanks
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...
                                X