X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondclaudio
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

New Van Halen debate

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • BumBahDeeDah
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Dicks.

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Trunk's a Hagar nutswinger so I'm not that surprised.
      My good friend Chris Akin (of the Classic Metal Show) said something that makes A LOT of sense. He basically said that all this drama is more or less a PR stunt to sell tickets for the upcoming tour, as it doesn't sell well at all.
      Of course, the die hard fans already have their VIP packages, but the average Joe who only knows YRGM and Jump is not buying a ticket for that summer tour.
      So they try to milk it a bit.

And you know what? Seeing the (I don't know if that's the correct word) "venues setups/sold tickets" (I hope you know what I mean), I only can agree with the guy.

Only the die hard VH fans are interested in them anymore. That's sad but that's it. And we can all thank Roth for giving the best of himself vocally on the previous tour. That goofball made such an embarassment of himself that nobody but the die hard fans want to see them again.

I don't know if I made myself clear but what the fuck..

Comment

• Jetstream
        Foot Soldier
        • Dec 2011

Trunk horse bunk, because Van Halen has probably turned him down for the thousand time to talk to the fan boy. The funny part of interview is when Trunk mails in a fact he won't admit. He says the ultimate scenario would be a Roth/Hagar show and that they could all go on stage together for an encore and mentions "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" they could sing together and then goes shit quiet trying to think of a Van Hagar song worthy of a encore after classic Van Halen was part of the show and then after dead stupid silence just says "Whole Lot of Love" by Zeppelin and then says "You Really Got Me"... yes, Hagar is subpar compared to the Roth catalog and anything on Trunk BTW when the topic is Van Halen is not a debate but Hagar posturing
        Last edited by Jetstream; 06-30-2015, 03:47 AM.
        I got lost in the...

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
          anything on Trunk BTW when the topic is Van Halen is not a debate but Hagar posturing
          I remember Trunk's shocked face on TMS when they reviewed Sammy's book and Jamieson said something like "Sammy, you're a cool dude, but Dave's the man".

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

it's simple...regarding the sales of ADKOT the band is done with selling albums...how may copies was it? each band member makes more playing one gig!

so the only way to milk the cow (us!!!) is by going on tour and selling overpriced tickets. so...find some lame ass excuse to go on tour - "promoting" a live album wich you can have on youtube for free - to make some cash...I bet they don't give a flying shit about the album. it's all about the concerts. 40 shows...say a million per show guaranteed...who many albums do you have to sell for that nice little cash...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

this is funny...Micky...

Sammy Hagar has come to the defense of Michael Anthony after the bassist was at the receiving end of some scathing, hurtful comments from Eddie Van Halen. In...
              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Jetstream
                Foot Soldier
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                it's simple...regarding the sales of ADKOT the band is done with selling albums...how may copies was it? each band member makes more playing one gig!

so the only way to milk the cow (us!!!) is by going on tour and selling overpriced tickets. so...find some lame ass excuse to go on tour - "promoting" a live album wich you can have on youtube for free - to make some cash...I bet they don't give a flying shit about the album. it's all about the concerts. 40 shows...say a million per show guaranteed...who many albums do you have to sell for that nice little cash...
                If one where to ask me the most popular hard rock band in the world, it has to be AC/DC. AC/DC seems to be the only hard rock band that still has album sales which remotely recall what album sales where like for a major band. I have talked to some guys in the industry and if one is touring arenas, that aspect is different now and a lot of the money comes out of the band to make these large scale tours possbile because the record company no longer fronts the same amount of financial support and hence the ticket prices accommodate to make up the difference. Yes, they are still make a ton of money because the band still to an extent wants to profit as they always have. You are right, it is about the concerts when money is the objective... though making new music should be the objective because that is what suits an older band from a pure expression point of view due to their age, new music is really what older fans desire in my opinion
                I got lost in the...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

though making new music should be the objective because that is what suits an older band from a pure expression point of view due to their age, new music is really what older fans desire in my opinion
                  we won't get any new music...and this will be the last tour...then the horse is dead...
                  Roth Army Icon

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

...then the horse is dead...
                    and will remain bein' beaten..
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      and will remain bein' beaten..
                      probably...
                      Roth Army Icon

Comment

• philouze
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2004

this is funny...Micky...
                        You're so fine you blow my mind..

Comment

• Jetstream
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Dec 2011

we won't get any new music...and this will be the last tour...then the horse is dead...
                          So, what your saying is the mighty Van Halen steed will be put out to pasture while the jackass Hagar will continue to Yee Haw lol
                          I got lost in the...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

So, what your saying is the mighty Van Halen steed will be put out to pasture while the jackass Hagar will continue to Yee Haw lol
                            you know what...I don't give a shit anymore...
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• philouze
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2004

Meet us in the pasture...

Dave, you were wrong... AGAIN

Comment

Working...