X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Dave's singing, 2 questions...

1. Did Dave's singing go downhill after he hired a vocal coach?

2. Is this his vocal coach?

WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Hes actually getting better

Comment

• Jetstream
      Foot Soldier
      • Dec 2011

It is called age, and I am cool with that because he does not walk onstage without his past... Dave has earned his due and does not have to prove shit to the 'Sammy come lately' people!
      I got lost in the...

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

It seems at least with this tour, his vocal performance is improving...

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jetstream
          It is called age
          It is?

Because I saw Judas Priest last wednesday night, and Rob Halford fucking BROUGHT it. Isn't he older than Dave?

Frankly, I believe Dave's voice problems are self inflicted. Smoking and whatever else he does that affects his vocals. Not to mention, he was never regarded as a pure "singer" in the first place. I have seen some clips from this tour where it appears he is really trying to stay in a range, and in those clips he sounds pretty damn good.

Or, maybe he needs to take a cue from Halford, and drink a lot of jizz.

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

His San Bernardino performance of Panama was pretty damn good!
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Jizz hands
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Calderone
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

He is definetely improving !!! He is also bringing back the classic screams again and staying in range, he stopped with the stupid high register that even made it to the live album.

i think his coach thought that was great and he kept using that, but this tour is really good !!!

Van Halen: Light Up the Sky - Live At Red Rocks In 4K (7/20/15)

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Calderone
                  He is definetely improving !!! He is also bringing back the classic screams again and staying in range, he stopped with the stupid high register that even made it to the live album.

i think his coach thought that was great and he kept using that, but this tour is really good !!!
                  Difficult to say is there's been any "coach" involved since 2006-2008...

I'd be more likely to suspect that either Dave himself has read some of the fan feedback all over the net or someone within his circle brought the fan feedback to his attention...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jetstream
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Calderone

Van Halen: Light Up the Sky - Live At Red Rocks In 4K (7/20/15)
                    They sound great, and they are a bunch of happy motherfuckers on stage... they are up in age, but this looks and sounds like Van Halen now
                    I got lost in the...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
                      It is?

Because I saw Judas Priest last wednesday night, and Rob Halford fucking BROUGHT it. Isn't he older than Dave?

Frankly, I believe Dave's voice problems are self inflicted. Smoking and whatever else he does that affects his vocals. Not to mention, he was never regarded as a pure "singer" in the first place. I have seen some clips from this tour where it appears he is really trying to stay in a range, and in those clips he sounds pretty damn good.

Or, maybe he needs to take a cue from Halford, and drink a lot of jizz.
                      Come on. Halford always had more of a pure singing voice. Let's not get carried away !! Dave is coming around. Only thing he is still totally destroying is Dance The Night Away.

Comment

Working...