X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

So I Had An Edible Yesterday

Wasn't such the intense high I was warned about as it was trippy. Definitely deffo on the trippy.

Made me lazy without much in the way of introspection. Just laid there on the bed listening to that Death In Vegas tune 'Soul Auctioneer' over and over again - all Martian Sheen 'The End' Apocalypse Now stylee.

All that's left to do now is await my orders to ride up the river and kill Kurtz.
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

bring a boat...
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, edibles can be tricky... just tried them recently myself.

First time I tried it, I ate them after dinner. They didn't do shit.

Second time I figured I'd try on an empty stomach... seeing how I'd probably get the munchies anyway. Took the "recommended" dosage. Two hours later, it hadn't done anything. So I said fuck it, and took some more. An hour later, nothing had happened yet, so I figured the product was a dud, and went about with my neighborhood BBQ activities, which of course involved eating fatty foods and washing it down with beer.....

Apparently the fatty food was just the vehicle the THC needed to get into the bloodstream, because about 5 minutes after that it hit me.... like a goddamned train. Hadn't been that high in 20 years or so.

Tried them again last night (not the double dose this time) and got a nice relaxing buzz out of it. So it's really a crap shoot given the timing and whatever the contents of your stomach are at the time. But once you get the timing down, it could be useful..... and much easier to smuggle into some environments where firing up the pipe might not be possible.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        First time I tried it, I ate them after dinner. They didn't do shit.
        You must have had one of those government pussy placebo ones.

Second time I figured I'd try on an empty stomach... seeing how I'd probably get the munchies anyway. Took the "recommended" dosage. Two hours later, it hadn't done anything. So I said fuck it, and took some more. An hour later, nothing had happened yet, so I figured the product was a dud, and went about with my neighborhood BBQ activities, which of course involved eating fatty foods and washing it down with beer.....

Apparently the fatty food was just the vehicle the THC needed to get into the bloodstream, because about 5 minutes after that it hit me.... like a goddamned train. Hadn't been that high in 20 years or so.

Tried them again last night (not the double dose this time) and got a nice relaxing buzz out of it. So it's really a crap shoot given the timing and whatever the contents of your stomach are at the time. But once you get the timing down, it could be useful..... and much easier to smuggle into some environments where firing up the pipe might not be possible.

The one I had hit me within 30-35 minutes. It's a mellow buzz but quite a different one in the sense that in order to truly enjoy them you need low sensory input. Edibles don't act like weed in the traditional sense so to get the full effect you have to set your mind to it - if that makes sense.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Edibles up here are tightly regulated, which is why it took several months to get them on the market, even after weed was legal. I chose the form of edible I did because of the portability factor, didn't require refrigeration to keep it from going rotten, etc. Though I suspect, if I had gone with the cookies, brownies, or candy bars, those would have had enough fat content in them to activate faster.

Next thing I'll probably try will be the liquid form.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Never was
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2012

WA state regs are light years ahead of CO. Edible regs in CO will be re-written shortly. Have you tried any of the Bhang edibles? That is one of our portfolio companies love to hear if you tried them what you thought good or bad.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

I tried edibles twice. First time it was half a brownie looking thing my buddy got free on his first trip to the collective. Took a couple hits off a joint at the same time so I'm not sure it had any effect beyond the small buzz I usually get off a couple hits. Next time I ate half of what looked like a white chocolate or cookies and cream candy bar. It tasted horrible and gave me a feeling like I used to get when I took shrooms or acid without the tripping part. I guess they refer to that as a "body high" . I didn't like it. I'm content smoking reggie. High grade cannibas smoke me feel like I've got emphysema after a few hits now.
              Last edited by cadaverdog; 07-27-2015, 09:36 PM.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Never was
                WA state regs are light years ahead of CO. Edible regs in CO will be re-written shortly. Have you tried any of the Bhang edibles? That is one of our portfolio companies love to hear if you tried them what you thought good or bad.
                Whatever, rich boy. You wine and cheese douche nozzle snobs have always been anti-edible.

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Oh, and rich boy, you have zero idea what in the fuck you are talking about.

As usual.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Edibles up here are tightly regulated...
                    Yeah, you pussified them. You toned them down and made them boring. No god damn wonder why it took over 2 hours to kick in.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Next thing I'll probably try will be the liquid form.....
                      You can easily make your own weed tea. I've done it about 3 or 4 times. Little time consuming. Think it would be a good end of a hot day summer buzz but for me, it was better in mid-autumn.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I tried edibles twice. First time it was half a brownie looking thing my buddy got free on his first trip to the collective. Took a couple hits off a joint at the same time so I'm not sure it had any effect beyond the small buzz I usually get off a couple hits. Next time I ate half of what looked like a white chocolate or cookies and cream candy bar. It tasted horrible and gave me a feeling like I used to get when I took shrooms or acid without the tripping part. I guess they refer to that as a "body high" . I didn't like it. I'm content smoking reggie. High grade cannibas smoke me feel like I've got emphysema after a few hits now.
                        One reason I opted for the edibles is that smoking doesn't seem to do much for me anymore. Not sure why, exactly. My lungs still work as good as they ever did, as far as I know. Your description of a "body high" that had some resemblance to shrooms or acid (minus the hallucinations) is pretty much what happened to me last weekend when I ate twice what I was supposed to.

Fortunately portion control is easy with the Zoots. Each piece of candy is 5mg THC and the packaging inside the can is similar to bubble wrap, so 2 of these pieces are in each bubble. So pop one bubble and there's your 10mg. Since 10 was the light buzz and 20 was the freight train, I'll probably try the 15 next time and hope I find the happy, stoney medium.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          You can easily make your own weed tea. I've done it about 3 or 4 times. Little time consuming. Think it would be a good end of a hot day summer buzz but for me, it was better in mid-autumn.
                          How much weed do you need to make a cup of tea? And do you use just weed or mix it in with regular tea, or some herbal stuff? I'm thinking peppermint would be a good mix.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Yeah, you pussified them. You toned them down and made them boring. No god damn wonder why it took over 2 hours to kick in.
                            I think it's just my slow metabolism. The one time I successfully did mushrooms, I had eaten most of the entire baggie of them before they started kicking in (think the girlfriend ate about 6 of them, I had the rest)

Damn, that was a crazy night, once those things kicked in.....
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

How much weed do you need to make a cup of tea? And do you use just weed or mix it in with regular tea, or some herbal stuff? I'm thinking peppermint would be a good mix.
                              Here's link for you.
                              Add weed to your tea for an herbal twist on a classic beverage Marijuana tea is a simple and soothing way to enjoy the effects of cannabis. Like any other form of edible, its effects are strong and will take some time to kick in, so it's...

I use method #3 but I Use ground up stems and leaf instead of bud. The only time I make it is when I've just harvested a plant. Here's one I grew last year.
                              010.jpg
                              Started growing that one a little late in the seaon because good seeds were hard to come by. I know how to grow hydroponically and make clones now.
                              Last edited by cadaverdog; 07-28-2015, 02:28 AM.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...