Giving Dave some major props on his vocals...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Never was
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2012

If this tour is very solid, 2007 was beyond all expectations - how many great shows does he do this tour before we can say since he came back he has done great except that one crap tour and walked around wrapped head to toe w scarfes and seemingly no ability to sweat.

Dave is an easy target but if he keeps putting in good shows I hate to tell critics but 2012 / Tokyo Dome becomes the exception not the rule this time around. Hey still a 60 year doing a 20 year olds job but for what he is it is getting harder to rip him.

Comment

• TitanTopper
      Groupie
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Calderone
      He is really killing it ! and cutting the high register to the minimum, i think
      he got the message and he is giving us what we want and what he does best!
      We definetely need a BluRay !!!

Holy Shit!! I just watched that version of Romeo Delight and Dave KICKED ASS!!
      "Hey man, that suit is you!!"

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Polk High
        I thought China Town from the Jersey show was his best performance of that song ever.
        That show looks like it was outstanding....

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          That (New Jersey) show looks like it was outstanding....
          Note to self: Postpone the camping trip next time.

Here's to hoping they kill it even more in 12 days.

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

It's nice to see Dave wearing different outfits this tour in contrast to his lone Mexican waiter outfit from 2007/08.

Comment

• Jetstream
              Foot Soldier
              • Dec 2011

I simply like the way Dave's voice sounds, be it if he is talking or singing. His voice fits Van Halen. People get all caught up in the karaoke/ American Idol judging of the typical generic singing where half those fools are trying to imitate an original. Some people say that Dave is talking through the songs, well shit a lot of the songs was just him talking to an extent on the LPs just like freaking Mick Jagger. I remember the time people posted the guy who went to the dog show and said they heard a voice and there was no mistaken it must be Dave, that laugh must be Dave. It is something you are born with and his voice is unique and you either like it or not... and that is one of the main reasons I can't stand a voice like Hagar, because I do not like the way it sounds whether he is singing or not it sounds irritating and it is not very original
              I got lost in the...

Comment

• Momshell
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

On my way to my 4th show of this tour..Dave is kicking major ass!! And he's hysterical! Still has the 80s badass mojo working. And I gotta tell you...YouTubes don't do it justice!
                Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

Working...