• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by THE SAINT
    12/31/89

I read Valerie's book and there's an interesting story in it from 1989.

(Valerie Bertinelli – Losing It) – Valerie tells the story about how her father cracked Ed’s jaw.

It was New Years Eve and we had spent it at the beach with my parents. Ed was drinking Jägermeister’s and getting progressively drunker and angrier for no apparent reason. Pissed off at everyone, he decided that he wanted to leave. Everyone knew that he was too wasted to drive-everyone that is, except for Ed. As he got up, I grabbed the car keys, and the two of us tussled as he tried to pry them from my hands. My dad stepped forward and yelled at Ed to take his hands off me.

“Daddy, I’m OK,” I said.

“Stop it Ed, “my dad ordered.

“Daddy, he’s not hurting me, “ I said. “Don’t worry about it. I’m just going to hide the keys.”

Suddenly Ed lunged for the keys though it appeared he was going for me, and boom, he collided with my dad’s fist. Or vice versa. It didn’t matter. My dad had been imploring him to stop, stop, stop, but then he threw a right that landed squarely on Ed’s cheek. My dad had boxed as a younger man and knew what he was doing when he threw a punch. Later, Ed got over the sting, he blew his nose, and the whole side of his face blew up. His cheekbone was cracked.

I took him to the emergency room. After examining him and hearing an explanation of what had happened, the doctor told Ed that he’d be all right physically, but added, “You might want to check yourself in someplace and get some help.”

Why would you publicize that?

Seriously why?

True or not probably true but why would you share that?

For money?

For more fame?

Why do these people do it? It's a question that doesn't get asked enough IMHO.

I think it may be that she is an idiot hole.

If anyone can come up with a reason for doing what she has given they share a son, they appear to be still friendly and she is not bankrupt that doesn't put her in a bad light I'd like to hear it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

BTW I'm not saying that from a viewpoint that EVH isn't an idiot hole too.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What I'm trying to say is that if you take a cross section of the members here or the population at large.

On average the vast majority will be nicer people than the Van Halen's or at least far more self aware.

Whether that is down to the fact that the reason they got to the top because they had that attitude or they became that way from getting too much flattery for too long we can't know.

What we can know is we've all acted like a dick from time to time, why would she need to sell it?

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Not hard to believe, but they should have kept that dirty laundry to themselves. Looks good for nobody......
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            What we can know is we've all acted like a dick from time to time, why would she need to sell it?
            Hello!! McFly!!!

Why would she put this in a tell all book? Because it sells. No, she obviously doesn't need the money. But putting the dirt in her book will move product and get her what she loves more than anything else - attention.

Nobody would give two shits about her book if she glossed over the Deranged Ed Years. Nobody. She knows it, Ed knows it. And honestly, it's probably the stone cold truth.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP

Why would she put this in a tell all book? Because it sells. No, she obviously doesn't need the money. But putting the dirt in her book will move product and get her what she loves more than anything else - attention.

Nobody would give two shits about her book if she glossed over the Deranged Ed Years. Nobody. She knows it, Ed knows it. And honestly, it's probably the stone cold truth.
              Besides all that, who really in their right mind wanted to learn all the dirt about a minor CBS sitcom called "One Day At A Time", ya know?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

I'd put it that simple...you touch my daughters, you die...no matter who you are...
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...