Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 01:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Private Life (The Band) - Valerie's Affair

ENTER PRIVATE LIFE

1985 (Valerie says she was 25, which would have made this 1985 - Ed produced 2 albums 1 in 1988, and another in 1990.)

Band.jpg

Eddie, you could've had ample opportunity to produce a number of new bands, how did Private Life come into your life?

Back in 1984, Valerie and I were out in Shreveport Louisiana, and my younger brother took us out on the town, and introduced us to Kelly Breznik, who is the lead singer. I ended up jamming with them, and I was really impressed with her voice, Little petite chick like that screaming and yelling.

How I got into producing a record actually, Was uh, I was in the middle of working with Sammy Hagar on his last solo record, and uh my wife Valerie had talked Don Landy, Van Halen's engineer into doing a demo with them. And I came home one night from working with Sammy, and I walked in and I heard last heartbeat, you know? The upcoming single, and I went, "woah!" You know? This is a happenin' tune man, I wish I had wrote it. It's a happening song.

How does each member of Private Life contribute to the overall sound of the project?

Take Kelly for instance, the lead vocalist, if you listen to the last note that she hits on Amazing Grace at the very end of the album, it's like you look at her and go (head tilted). I mean you listen to it and it’s like she holds this note so long, it's like incredible! You know? So... You know, She's an amazing singer. You know? Kinda VAVOOOM! You know? Blows your ass out of the water. You know?

Hearing them play live is what actually got me excited about them. I mean, when I think back about back in 78 when Van Halen first went on tour, I was like this (ducking) whooooosh!!! Ducking bottles and stuff, you know? And uh, didn't happen to them. Only band that has ever opened for us that didn't get bottled off.

Private Life is hot and sexy.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

There was a big secret Valerie was hiding from Ed, and that was, she had fallen for the bands drummer, Craig. Valerie would even go to Japan with the band to be with Craig.

Valerie was having suspicions that Ed was in love with Patty Smyth. Patty would stay with Eddie while Valerie was away, but Patty denied the existence of an affair.

(Valerie - Losing It)

Another unforeseen twist born out of that arrangement was that, from spending time with the band, I developed a crush on the drummer, Craig.
    Remembering this episode fills me with disappointment in myself. I knew better. The fact that I developed a crush on him, or that Ed had let himself become taken with Patty, should have been a big red flag that we had trouble at home. But we ignored it, and, in fact, barreled ahead in the opposite direction.

In August, Private Life had an opportunity to make some money by playing a few gigs in japan. Patrick wanted to go in order to spend some time with Jennifer, who only wanted his friendship, and I let Craig know what I had in mind. He wasn’t even the type of guy I was normally attracted to, but I desperately needed to have somebody pay attention to me. I was convinced my husband was into another woman, and he was obsessed with his work, and my self-esteem couldn’t handle that. At twenty-five years old, I wanted to feel desirable. So, one thing led to another, and without going into the sordid details, I messed up.

In the end, I chose not to tell Ed. I wanted to see if I could put the affair behind me.
    Last edited by THE SAINT; 08-14-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

The first Private Life album is very 80's. Not very good. Second one has a couple decent songs on it, but more pop than rock. They wrote Touch Me, which Tia Carrere sang in Wayne's World.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Val was a ho from the get go.

Thread Information