Thread: Val Vs. Kari - War of Words 1997

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 01:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Val Vs. Kari - War of Words 1997

These were a bit hard to find, but they do exist. I believe they were taken down just as quick as they were posted.

MARCH 26th, 1997 – WAR OF WORDS

26 March 1997

*"KARI HAGAR DEFENDS SAMMY AGAINST "YOKO"." While the Van Halen Brothers have continued to take attack on their former lead singers in the press and, more recently, advertisements, Eddie Van Halen's wife, sometime actress, Valerie Bertinelli has taken to the internet with some serious accusations about Sammy Hagar. Kari Hagar responds in an open letter, in which she refers to Ms. Bertinelli as "YOKO." Click here for full story.

"GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT ,VAL"

[The following is an open letter to Valerie Bertinelli from Sammy Hagar's Wife, Kari. This letter was sent to the Van Halen Mailing List in response to 3 of many accusations made by Valerie Bertinelli, over several days, to the Van Halen Mailing List regarding Sammy Hagar. Ms. Bertinelli's post's begin.]

>Subject: Re: Sam's Baby Reasoning was: Ed's explaining

>Date: Fri, 21 Mar 97

>From: Valerie Bertinelli <vavh@earthlink.net>
    >LOL, that's a good one...you obviously don't know Sam.....or what he was doing for the 3 days he was *supposed* to be at 5150 singing.....sooner or later he'll blind side Kari the same way he did Betsy.....

>Subject: Re: LOL...I'm an idiot!

>Date: Fri, 21 Mar 97

>actually this one *was* meant for the list....all this stuff about Kari being pregnant and him wanting to be there is BULLSHIT...first of all ..the dates are off...he's looking for public sympathy and you know it.....Sam doesn't care about anyone but himself and you'll find that out sooner or later, like, when you sleep with him....if you haven't already.....

>Subject: Re: GypsySound

>Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997

> Jesus, have you not been paying attention to the current thread!!....this whole rant that Sam is on about needing time for Kari and the baby DOES NOT ADD UP!.....when Ed begged him to re-sing the vocals, that was late january early february...Kari was due mid April.....Sam was in LA for 3 days....and only spent 8 hours in the studio...if he wanted to get back to his pregnant wife so quickly, why didn't he??..

Subject: Get the facts straight, Val

Sent: 3/26/97 9:45 PM

To: vanhalen@lists.fdt.net

First off, Sam did get back to his pregnant wife, and quickly too. Seeing that we were staying 15 minutes away in the Bel Air Hotel for the "3 days" Sam re-sang the Twister vocals. This was March 6th-8th and Sam doesn't recall you even being there. You were on location in Austin. How the hell would you know how long Sam was in the studio? The whole band "situation" then was completely obtuse. I know my dates, because I was too far in my pregnancy at the time and had no choice but to come back to the mainland. We had our baby 3 weeks later, on April 1st.

For the life of me, why are you maliciously trying to hurt me and my family? What kind of woman are you that would lie and insinuate that a father doesn't care for his wife and unborn child? You have attacked my husband and our personal lives and for what? I'm not concerned about, nor does my husband publicly speak of, what your husband was doing on the road for the last five years. Why are you so concerned about my husband's whereabouts for 3 days?

What is wrong with you? How miserable you must be. How can you hurt, lie and say such terrible things? People look to you for information about Van Halen. Your bitterness and slanderous insinuations are the only thing people have been reading about a once great rock and roll band that had 11 years of huge success together. Leave the Legend alone Yoko.
    It's nice that you apologize to the list, but too bad it couldn't have included the people you insulted.

This is a one-time post to this list and I'm not looking for any kind of response. I won't get into a pissing match. The whole Van Halen soap opera is like beating a dead dog. We have all moved on. This slanderous venture into our personal lives, however, is both immature and pathetic. I just wanted to get the facts straight and hope this will end this little stint of desperate measures.

Kari Hagar

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Who doesn't like a good catfight...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

I tried to sign up at the Pleasure Dome as "Yoko Bertinelli" and they wouldn't let me. Those bastards!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I seem to remember Val writing a letter to a guitar magazine after they said some unkind things about Ed in the early 90s - was it Musician magazine ...? Forget the name of the journalist, but it was the 'Van Halen's Guitar Rumble' story (I posted scans of it on here a few years ago), where the writer repeatedly challenged Ed about not challenging himself as a player ...

I later read an interview with the journalist. I think it was the last thing he ever wrote - quit the biz after the flak he got for being critical of EVH.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote: "I'm not concerned about, nor does my husband publicly speak of, what your husband was doing on the road for the last five years."

Ha! Standing above the fray. Not!!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    LOL

This was how Van Halen discussions went on-line in the early days... with even band family members scrapping, bickering and in-fighting in public postings. That's how we all started... and people whine and complain today about things getting "too negative" and always a war going on within the forums.

It's a long standing tradition...

Thread Information