• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
    To me, any work ethic issues are on the Van Halens
    I wonder why Dave skipped the tour rehearsals? Solid work ethic.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
      I wonder why Dave skipped the tour rehearsals?
      buyin' pallets of scarves
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chuckjitsu
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2012

I wonder why Dave skipped the tour rehearsals? Solid work ethic.
        I don't remember reading or hearing anything about this. Where'd you get this info?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

I don't remember reading or hearing anything about this. Where'd you get this info?
          von wanted dave to sing a long with the musicians for a few weeks so they could get better timing and consistent sound at a van halen concert
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            von wanted dave to sing a long with the musicians for a few weeks so they could get better timing and consistent sound at a van halen concert
            I'll tell you what, I'm glad I didn't pay big money for one of the first few shows, that were essentially his rehearsal shows.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

I'll tell you what, I'm glad I didn't pay big money for one of the first few shows, that were essentially his rehearsal shows.
              agreed. didn't you have a blast at the show you went to? we were singin' along so much and smilin' and fist pumpin' and energized for two solid hours and overwhelmed with joy at the fun we just had.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                agreed. didn't you have a blast at the show you went to? we were singin' along so much and smilin' and fist pumpin' and energized for two solid hours and overwhelmed with joy at the fun we just had.
                I did enjoy the show I went to. It is much better being there, than watching Youtubes.

Comment

• Grit
                  Roadie
                  • Oct 2011

Dave didn't even rehearse for this fucking tour. At all.

If you can't get him to rehearsal, how are you going to get him to the studio to do an entire album, at this point? Especially since there's really no money in a new album in this day and age.

Does anyone really believe Dave will be motivated to go right into the studio, from this tour to knock out an album, and then be ready to tour behind it next year? Especially since he's the one that stated they are on a 3 year cycle these days?

Remember, these guys CHOSE to release an abortion, an abomination, of a live album, because they were too fucking LAZY to do the necessary work to release something respectable! That's a fucking FACT! They said it themselves!

Yeah, there's more to come. A lot more wasted time to come.
                  I just don't ever see Dave refusing to record new music, seems like that would be more of an Ed thing. In fact John 5 said he and Dave recorded and album while Van Halen was not doing anything . . .

Guitarist John 5 says that he and David Lee Roth have an album's worth of material waiting to be released.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Grit
                    I just don't ever see Dave refusing to record new music, seems like that would be more of an Ed thing. In fact John 5 said he and Dave recorded and album while Van Halen was not doing anything . . .

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david...th-john-album/
                    Yeah, I spoke directly to John 5 about that, well before they considered it breaking news in July of 2014. http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...ght&highlight=

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave wasn't in any of the rehearsal videos Wolfgang posted, and wasn't in any of the pics that went up on Instagram or Twitter. Seemed pretty clear to me.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        Dave wasn't in any of the rehearsal videos Wolfgang posted, and wasn't in any of the pics that went up on Instagram or Twitter. Seemed pretty clear to me.
                        did we ever see al, coulda been piped in

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          ... though he was the one who most needed to rehearse.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

But didn't it really work out? I think the Van Halens had some faith that Dave would be more than decent. They know he works when he's not with them. Sorta sucked for the people at the early shows maybe, and the Ellen and Kimmel appearances were scary, but when Dave hit his stride it was great. I guess it was sorta like the many NFL teams who didn't play their stars much or at all in the preseason and it took a coupla games to gel.

And who says Dave never rehearsed with them anyway? Maybe he was left out on purpose. His command of lyrics from the very beginning of this tour was way better than I worried it would be. If he wasnt workin with The Halens, he WAS workin!

And what's with all the "being told what to sing" comments? I thought I knew that Dave sang at separate times and place than The Three Twins made music, but it's too fuckin' obvious that that's Diamond Dave all over ADKOT, creatively and lyrically. Didn't John Shanks do a massive interview about the work and the proccess?

Come on...

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

And I don't think this is it, but I'm gonna think about other stuff while they disappear for another two years. I think there's gonna be a Live DVD and CD from this tour. There has to be. The Jones Beach shows or the Hollywood Bowl shows were more than worthy.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

What's next for VH? Three years of hibernation...

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...