Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Actually I'm southern by choice. I was born and raised in Southern California. Unfortunately I don't speak enough spanish to survive there now. My parents are both German. If any incest went on in my family it happened in your neck of the woods.
    Our south is pretty much the same...except for the swamp people
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    We have a Lizard Man near here. I think he qualifies as a swamp person. I don't think he actually exists but don't tell anybody.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (10-14-2015)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I live near a shitload of swamp people but the town I live in is a typical small southern town where everybody knows everybody and everyone waves or nods their heads as they pass by your house if you're standing outside.
    I have a question for you if you don't mind. What did the Germans call Americans, Brits and Frenchies during WWII? We called Germans krauts. We call Brits limeys and Frenchies frogs. I guess those are supposed to be insults but I'n not sure why. Brits call us colonists when they want to piss us off. Or Yanks. I find that last term truly insulting as a southerner now. You'd have to be from here to understand why.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I live near a shitload of swamp people but the town I live in is a typical small southern town where everybody knows everybody and everyone waves or nods their heads as they pass by your house if you're standing outside.
    I have a question for you if you don't mind. What did the Germans call Americans, Brits and Frenchies during WWII? We called Germans krauts. We call Brits limeys and Frenchies frogs. I guess those are supposed to be insults but I'n not sure why. Brits call us colonists when they want to piss us off. Or Yanks. I find that last term truly insulting as a southerner now. You'd have to be from here to understand why.
    It's "Tommy" for the brits, "Ivan" for the Russians, "Franzmann" for the frogs and "Ami" later "Yankee" for the yanks...or you occupied southern yanks to be specific

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh...and btw I do the German dubbings for "Swamp people" and "Ax men"...wonder what you southern guys are so proud of?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

It's "Tommy" for the brits, "Ivan" for the Russians, "Franzmann" for the frogs and "Ami" later "Yankee" for the yanks...or you occupied southern yanks to be specific
    And "Bread" for Jews, uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu!!!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh...and btw I do the German dubbings for "Swamp people" and "Ax men"...wonder what you southern guys are so proud of?
    Everyone who lives in the south isn't a hillbilly or a swamper. Comparing most of us to them would be like comparing most of you to the Nazis. One of the things I like best about living here is everyone here doesn't feel the need to outdo everyone else. Some of the younger southerners , especially in Texas try to out Jap car the others but most of them drive pick up trucks without 24 inch rims and rubber bands for tires they use to hunt, fish or play on weekends. Texas for the most part is about the same as California as far as that goes.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If it's not about burning crosses and having daily shootouts in high schools I'm cool with that

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If it's not about burning crosses and having daily shootouts in high schools I'm cool with that
    I've never seen any burnt crosses around here. Blacks and whites usually get along fine in the south. Unfortunately quite a few of the people who have relocated here recently are nothing but theives and crack addicts. Investors bought up most of the land and homes in another city not too far away and turned it into a upper middle class community. Most of the poor folks that lived there moved here because rent is cheaper here and the town has their own low income housing they rent to poor people for a couple hundred bucks a month. Plus it's closer to Texas where a lot more jobs are available.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Well, I guess I should be serious for a minute. Yeah, there aren't any crosses being burned around here either. The Klan is pretty much nonexistent these days, just don't tell Ford. Sure there's still some idiots who run around in sheets and hoods but they're no different than the morons you guys have in Germany who are neo Nazis or skinheads or whatever they're called - stupidity is kinda universal. And Dog's right - black and white people get along just fine here.

The school shooting issue is a nationwide problem - not centered here in the South. Regardless it is a problem and even one young person being shot in a school is too many.

But yeah, we speak differently, we still teach our kids manners, we like drankin beer and watchin NASCAR, we still open doors for ladies. All that kinda stuff. And we don't like the yankee occupiers amongst us! And we love guns. And fried chicken. We love us some fried chicken. And the hot chicks here are plentiful, tanned and wear short shorts 10 months out of the year.

Thread Information