Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Those, of course, are great stories and pictures, Von. I remember taking pictures of me and my friends in grammar school with that same Instamatic 110 camera in '79. This is one of those rare instances where I have to say, I wish I was a little older!

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      Yeah but all you closet pussies thought it was tough guy, Chuck Norris shit going on while wearing scarves and tights... Instead the reality turns out it was gymnastics and Cheer for little girls.

What does that say about you Dave or the Grave™ fanatics..?
      Although I couldn't call myself a Dave or the Grave™ fanatic for the simple reason that I never gave a fuck if Dave was in Van Halen or not, I always saw Dave's stage antics as being just that - stage antics. You're up there, with thousands of people looking right at you, might as well be entertaining. If cheerleading moves worked, who cares?

But I do agree with you that there's an unhealthy obsession about how tough & manly Dave is & all his alleged sexual escapades & prowess. Besides, I can't imagine how getting turned on by Chuck Norris moves is any less gay than being turned on by cheerleading moves!

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
        But I do agree with you that there's an unhealthy obsession about how tough & manly Dave is & all his alleged sexual escapades & prowess. Besides, I can't imagine how getting turned on by Chuck Norris moves is any less gay than being turned on by cheerleading moves!
        Exactly... it's all the same unhealthy and questionable obsession!!
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Exactly... it's all the same unhealthy and questionable obsession!!
          Dave's old ass, could kick your old ass.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            It says WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

To be honest, back then, I had no idea if it was martial arts, cheerleading, or what the fuck it was. All I knew was, Dave was the baddest motherfucking front man on the planet. All I knew was, out of all the bands I was seeing at that time, he had an unparalleled command of the audience, and the best stage presence of anyone. Period.

Sounds to me like maybe you're questioning your own homosexual tendencies. Don't worry Zah, we still love you, even with your old wrinkly ass sneaking a peek out of that closet.
            LOL I'm quite confident and comfortable with my "tendencies"...

Even back then I didn't share your "baddest motherfucking front man" train of thought. The music was great but what the hell is this wearing make-up and dressing like you're starring in a fucking Jane Fonda exercise video crap..?

Back then I was playing in a Southern Rock band in biker bars in the east bay area while all the fags dressed like DLR were prancing around... er... performing across the bay in San Francisco...

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave's old ass, could kick your old ass.
              Doubtful... that pussy works a few hours a week for a couple of months and has to go rest for 3 fucking years!! My granddaughters could kick his ass... with ease!

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Back then I was playing in a Southern Rock band in biker bars in the east bay area while all the fags dressed like DLR were prancing around... er... performing across the bay in San Francisco...
                You obviously haven't read Greg's book.

Dave wore makeup? When?

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You two old fucks are going to wear yourselves out and need a nap soon!
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2012

It's all good Von. I love hearing the stories from people fortunate enough to see VH back in the day as I never got the chance. Years ago I worked with this guy and one day we were just talking about bands and concerts and he mentioned that he saw Zeppelin at the Forum in LA in like '71. I was almost speechless- that's holy grail type stuff right there. I actually said to the guy, "you son of a bitch! you saw zeppelin in the 70s!?" He just laughed at me. I asked him what he remembered most from the show and he said "man, that show was fuckin' loud!"

Anyway, i love hearing the stories and seeing the pics from back in the day.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You obviously haven't read Greg's book.

Dave wore makeup? When?
                      No, I haven't read Greg's book yet... It's on my get a-round-to-it list...

May not have been 78-85... but there's several pics out there. Here's one for ya to keep ya busy indulging yourself for a while...

Comment

• Anonymous
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

No, I haven't read Greg's book yet... It's on my get a-round-to-it list...

May not have been 78-85... but there's several pics out there. Here's one for ya to keep ya busy indulging yourself for a while...

... aaaaand Von "disappears" for a while.

We all know why.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

not sure about make up but its definitely the start of the perry combover
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            There are two technical terms for that move:

1. The Help Me Jesus - I think that one's self explanatory.

2. The First Time Anal - Those of you who aren't homos and have banged a chick in the pooper will recognize this move. It's the same one most chicks perform when you drive 'er home the first time and she's headed for the headboard.
                            I think every man who fuck a woman up the ass should have to experience a dido up there's...slammed HARD.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              I love me some cheerleaders! They get all hot and sweaty and wear a bunch of make up and little skimpy outfits. I mean, I know you're not into that sort of thing but I like it!

Including your daughter???
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Angel
                                I think every man who fuck a woman up the ass should have to experience a dido up there's...slammed HARD.
                                A dido ??? ..there will be no white flag at dp's back door
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...