X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

So, after all these years, it is finally time to face the truth:

We have all been drooling over a male cheerleader.

There's never been a shortage of female cheerleaders to obsess over, yet we chose the only male one.

I'm sure there's some deep psychological meaning for all of this, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      I showed my cheer daughter the two minute montage of all of Dave's different jumps and she was naming what he was doing. I think Zah Zoo pointed out the cheer connection a couple of years ago. Fitting that Dave has refered to himself as the band's cheerleader way back when.
      If we'd had '81 Dave on our squad and if he'd learned that standing back tuck from the Jump video we would have taken high gold every weekend lol. You watch near the end of the Unchained video - Dave's moves are straight off a high school cheer routine. All that's missing is him clapping before he shoots his hand up in the air.

Cheerleading is a tough sport. I've seen my kid finish a routine with a busted nose and bleeding. I remember one time she got tossed and they missed her and she fell about seven feet straight down, bounced up and I'm screaming keep going keep going and she barely missed a beat. All those kids were tough as nails. All that make up they wear covers up a lot of black eyes and bruised cheekbones.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Seriously..? You think DLR's motivation towards martial arts was to hone his stage antics..?
        I've alway assumed Dave was trying to emulate Elvis Presley.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

If you're a flyer this is called a Liberty

If you're Dave and do it at the end of the Unchained video it's called martial arts

Really, it's just too easy sometimes...
          Last edited by DONNIEP; 10-11-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I noticed the cheer aspects when my youngest was in competitive cheer... she also was calling out cheer move names watching Dave perform from a video I had playing.

She was critiquing his performance... He's not pointing his toes in the Horkie... that's a terrible heal touch and front hurdler...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

So EWS is about scarfs? Maybe with them you can get romantic on a subway line after all?
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                So EWS is about scarfs? Maybe with them you can get romantic on a subway line after all?
                Depending on which part of New York City you're in - yes.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I noticed the cheer aspects when my youngest was in competitive cheer... she also was calling out cheer move names watching Dave perform from a video I had playing.

She was critiquing his performance... He's not pointing his toes in the Horkie... that's a terrible heal touch and front hurdler...
                  Yeah, his technique sucks but he'd get extra points for enthusiasm and sportsmanship. Plus he could probably pick out some kick ass uniforms for the girls.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

So what you're saying is that Dave is a terrible cheerleader, so the reason we obsess over him - in before anyone uses it as a lame excuse - is NOT his superior technique & showmanship?

I'm not sure I understand where this is going, to be honest.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                      So what you're saying is that Dave is a terrible cheerleader, so the reason we obsess over him - in before anyone uses it as a lame excuse - is NOT his superior technique & showmanship?

I'm not sure I understand where this is going, to be honest.
                      Me neither.

Now back to Cheerleading Chat brought to you by the Roth Army!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        If we'd had '81 Dave on our squad and if he'd learned that standing back tuck from the Jump video we would have taken high gold every weekend lol. You watch near the end of the Unchained video - Dave's moves are straight off a high school cheer routine. All that's missing is him clapping before he shoots his hand up in the air.

Cheerleading is a tough sport. I've seen my kid finish a routine with a busted nose and bleeding. I remember one time she got tossed and they missed her and she fell about seven feet straight down, bounced up and I'm screaming keep going keep going and she barely missed a beat. All those kids were tough as nails. All that make up they wear covers up a lot of black eyes and bruised cheekbones.

After I saw the Bullshit! show on Cheerleading I vowed no kid of mine would be allowed to do it

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          After I saw the Bullshit! show on Cheerleading I vowed no kid of mine would be allowed to do it
                          Yeah people don't realize how tough of a sport it is. I bet not one guy here would let someone launch them 9 or 10 feet in the air, come down with their ass pointed towards the ground and hope two girls are gonna catch them before the hit the floor. And they have to be tough enough to jump up and keep going when it happens, and it does happen. The one time my kid got dropped after being tossed, they finished the routine, ran out of the gym and she collapsed in the hall just outside the doors where the judges couldn't see her. She wasn't injured, just hurt. But you don't carry ice packs and first aid kits for nothing. I've seen our girls break wrists, one broke her collar bone, one cracked a tail bone, more than one broke a bone or two in their feet, and they all had black eyes and bruised cheek bones and busted noses and lips at one time or another. And you can bet your ass there ain't no crying during the routine. They smile like they're on speed and bleed and then cry after they run off the stage or out of whatever gym they were competing at. Then they get patched up and go right back in to cheer on the other squad from our studio.

No joke, you go to a cheer competition and watch the kids coming out after it's over. It ain't unusual at all to see girls limping out or being half carried or just looking like they got the hell beat out of them. And yet they show up for practice two days later and do it all over again. Just cause the girls look pretty and smile doesn't mean it ain't a sport.

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Yeah people don't realize how tough of a sport it is. I bet not one guy here would let someone launch them 9 or 10 feet in the air, come down with their ass pointed towards the ground and hope two girls are gonna catch them before the hit the floor. And they have to be tough enough to jump up and keep going when it happens, and it does happen.
                            *ahem*

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Yeah people don't realize how tough of a sport it is. I bet not one guy here would let someone launch them 9 or 10 feet in the air, come down with their ass pointed towards the ground and hope two girls are gonna catch them before the hit the floor. And they have to be tough enough to jump up and keep going when it happens, and it does happen. The one time my kid got dropped after being tossed, they finished the routine, ran out of the gym and she collapsed in the hall just outside the doors where the judges couldn't see her. She wasn't injured, just hurt. But you don't carry ice packs and first aid kits for nothing. I've seen our girls break wrists, one broke her collar bone, one cracked a tail bone, more than one broke a bone or two in their feet, and they all had black eyes and bruised cheek bones and busted noses and lips at one time or another. And you can bet your ass there ain't no crying during the routine. They smile like they're on speed and bleed and then cry after they run off the stage or out of whatever gym they were competing at. Then they get patched up and go right back in to cheer on the other squad from our studio.

No joke, you go to a cheer competition and watch the kids coming out after it's over. It ain't unusual at all to see girls limping out or being half carried or just looking like they got the hell beat out of them. And yet they show up for practice two days later and do it all over again. Just cause the girls look pretty and smile doesn't mean it ain't a sport.
                              It's not a sport. It's entertainment just like pro wrestling. It takes plenty of practice, dedication and determination to do it right and it's physically demanding but that still doesn't make it a sport.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                It's not a sport. It's entertainment just like pro wrestling. It takes plenty of practice, dedication and determination to do it right and it's physically demanding but that still doesn't make it a sport.
                                It gets scored and that makes it a sport. That's like saying boxing isn't a sport unless one guy is beat unconscious lol. But I do get your analogy with wrasslin.

Comment

Working...