X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
    I was at the ribbon cutting ceremony in '95. Somewhere in this pic...

The air show was the same weekend. The governor was at the mic giving his speech and a Harrier landed at the Coast Guard station a little further down the lakefront. Drowned him out, it was great.

I think I spotted you to the left of the stage. You look so cute holding hands with that Mexican guy.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
      Not to you or anyone. Ever.

No one has ever said or even thought that. Absolutely no one.

Yet for some reason, people do want to see their favourite bands in there. Some even get upset when they don't. Why? It's all so stupid!
      In 2007, I was bummed when Ed, Alex and Roth didn't show up to the induction not because I gave a shit about Hagar and Anthony being the only ones there representing the band, but because I wanted to see the Van Halens and Roth perform together. THAT is about the only point of interest for me with ANY of those induction ceremonies, that being who actually performs and what they play.

It'd be of SOME interest to me if Blackmore showed up and played with Deep Purple (not much, but some). It's of no interest to me if a Blackmoreless Purple perform, because that incarnation of the band has been doing that for 20 + years already.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
        A Smiths reunion on stage for a reward alone would be worth the price of admission. I give it 40 seconds before they all start killing each other.
        I once read that Morrissey sacked The Smiths bass player, Mike Joyce (?), by leaving a note under the windscreen wiper of his car.

That's pretty rock'n'roll ...
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Terry
          In 2007, I was bummed when Ed, Alex and Roth didn't show up to the induction not because I gave a shit about Hagar and Anthony being the only ones there representing the band, but because I wanted to see the Van Halens and Roth perform together. THAT is about the only point of interest for me with ANY of those induction ceremonies, that being who actually performs and what they play.

It'd be of SOME interest to me if Blackmore showed up and played with Deep Purple (not much, but some). It's of no interest to me if a Blackmoreless Purple perform, because that incarnation of the band has been doing that for 20 + years already.
          Somebody should make a list of people who never bothered showing up to accept their dubious award. The only ones I remember hearing about were:

2006 - Sex Pistols
          2007 - Van Halen

There must be others who have snubbed them ...
          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
            I think I spotted you to the left of the stage. You look so cute holding hands with that Mexican guy.
            We hadn't seen the Mexican invasion yet. That didn't happen until the mid 2000's.

The street was closed behind us but we were not too far from the stage. If I would have stepped backwards I'd be going down the steps.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
              Somebody should make a list of people who never bothered showing up to accept their dubious award. The only ones I remember hearing about were:

2006 - Sex Pistols
              2007 - Van Halen

There must be others who have snubbed them ...
              With Van Halen, I think it wasn't so much the Van Halens snubbing the museum as they were snubbing Hagar and Anthony, and Ed was getting sent off to rehab around the time of the induction in advance of the 2007 reunion tour. Even if the Van Halens had decided to live and let live re: Hagar and Anthony, it was probably a smart move to keep Ed out of the public spotlight if he was still looking like the Cryptkeeper's brother after a 3 year Smoking Loon/meth binge (doubtless Irving Azoff realized that wouldn't exactly help secure high guarantees from promoters for the upcoming tour if Eddie showed up looked fucked up, deranged and unable to play well).
              Roth supposedly was willing to turn up to the induction and perform, but apparently he wanted to play Jump and Velvet Revolver were unwilling to learn the song...because I guess all they had bothered to somewhat learn were half-assed versions of ATBL and Runaround. I mean, heaven forbid one of the actual members of the band being inducted should choose what songs should be played and step on the toes of a 'supergroup' like Velvet Revolver. So, Roth passed on going. It's just as well Roth didn't bother to turn up when the Van Halens decided not to go: better to let 'The Other Half' go there and make asses out of themselves.

The Sex Pistols decided not to go as a direct 'fuck you' to the whole notion of the place. Lydon in particular was offended he should be expected to pay $10,000 a piece for tickets to purchase guest seats at tables for an institution he wasn't the least bit interested in being involved with anyway.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

DLR could have done Jump with the house band. Paul Shaffer and the rest of the band played it during commercial breaks on Letterman every now and then.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...