Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

If they bring Sammy back I swear to God I'm gonna have one of these jumpsuits made for me, lol.

Is it just me or does it look like the guy behind Slappy is tickling his Bawllz?

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Good to know where you were concentrating your gaze bud
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        And if they can't do it anymore, I'm OK with that too. I'll always have the music and that's all that matters to ME; but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to say anymore. I'll just say it somewhere else from now on.
        Say it here. This place needs more people coming from different points of view who speak with intelligence.

back!

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
          I just read the 25 posts I've made since I came back a couple weeks ago, and I don't see anything bitchy. In fact, I was quite charming.
          Von is a miserable old cow refusing to come to terms that only nerds and/or old farts like Van Halen nowadays. Don't be mad at him. Pity him.

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            What the fuck is a fan of this band supposed to do, other than speculate, since they refuse to give any information as to what they are, or are not, doing at any given time?
            Don't give a fuck?

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
              Like that's any surprise.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Cheese this, Velveeta that, Ed cringes when he hears the Van Hagar songs...you guys are delusional.
                Wait, people actually believe Eddie hears anything other than his own guitar playing?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the best case scenario is that Wolfgang goes on keyboards, they get Hagar and Anthony back in and book a world tour.

On the first night they launch into the first number and halfway through the first verse Hagar drops dead of old age.

Massive publicity for the band plus we get to see it on YouTube. A lot.

They quickly call Dave and play to sold out houses everywhere.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I think the best case scenario is that Wolfgang goes on keyboards, they get Hagar and Anthony back in and book a world tour.

On the first night they launch into the first number and halfway through the first verse Hagar drops dead of old age.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      Well, we all know you were focused in like a laser on Sam's face...Homo!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Never happen.

First off, Sam's too damn happy to die. And Dave's gonna be too busy having Japanese facial reconstruction surgery and going to Ninja school. Or sitting in his big ol' empty house with no friends and no video production crew to capture the genius that is him sitting in a bunny costume with Redbulls and poptarts all over the place. Andy Warhol he ain't.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I hate to fuel the rumor mill on the return of Van Hagar, but Ed did say that songs from that era were either on vacation or 'went off to school' in either the Guitar World or Esquire interview from 2012. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he were to plod those songs out again. One would think that the abysmal state he was in during the 2004 tour, coupled with the fact that Sammy is an all out dick, might be reasons enough to never consider going down that road again. But this is EVH we're talking about. All we can do is hope for the best, expect the worst.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            I hate to fuel the rumor mill on the return of Van Hagar, but Ed did say that songs from that era were either on vacation or 'went off to school' in either the Guitar World or Esquire interview from 2012. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he were to plod those songs out again. One would think that the abysmal state he was in during the 2004 tour, coupled with the fact that Sammy is an all out dick, might be reasons enough to never consider going down that road again. But this is EVH we're talking about. All we can do is hope for the best, expect the worst.
                            Ah, they're "Ed's songs" so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wanted to play them. And - outside of maybe what, 100 people tops on two message boards - there's a lot of people who were fans of Van Hagar. Plus you've got the people who show up to any big name show that hits town. I'm not saying they're gonna sell 20,000 tickets a show. But did they have 20,000 fans who paid for tickets to show up for all the shows on this last tour? Yeah, not really.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Dave's at home right now laying in bed crying because Ed said he wasn't his friend right before the tour began. He thought Ed was his BFF.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think it would be almost definitely going to happen if it wasn't for the Hagar book.

There is also the factor that objectively the Van Hagar stuff has just not aged well. I hated 5150 at the time but I loved EEAS but taking a step back it has to be said that neither has aged well. In the same way that for whatever reason Black Sabbath still resonates with young people today, Roth Van Halen does too. It's easier for Wolfgang to go from Light Up The Sky to Tremonti than it would for him to be doing cheesy fucking Baywatch musak like 'When It's Love'.

Comment

Working...