DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    So.... Velveetapalooza 2016? Not gonna happen.
    And for that, we can only pray.

Sammy Hagar with VH is like serving a really terrific T-bone steak...with Doritos.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I doubt there will ever be another Van Hagar reunion. It's fairly obvious that Sober Eddie is embarrassed by that Velveeta drenched "music" he made during that time, which is probably why he had to be completely on another planet to tour with Hagar again in 2004, and even that didn't help them last longer than that brief tour.

Ed's so embarrassed by that shit that he's tried to keep Spammy from performing it on his own, which Hagar - as one of the principal songwriters - has every legal right to do, of course. Even though the results are as godawful as the above "performance".

So.... Velveetapalooza 2016? Not gonna happen.
    Wow, he finally contributes something VH related, albeit Van Hagar related, instead of just weird political rhetoric.

Eddie was on another planet long before the 2004 deal with Hagar. That's a fact, and thankfully why that was the end.

Does that mean you're interested in a wager too?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I believe this will be the next Van Halen money grab. I've always expected it to happen. I believe Ed is in such a strong frame of mind right now, he could easily mend fences with Clichegar, and do this. We'll see exactly how much of a man of his word Clichegar really is. Will he pimp Mike to do it? I believe the guy wouldn't think twice about leaving Mike out, for the opportunity to tour with Ed again. Of course, he'll say he worked it out with Mike, and Mike gave his blessing, to try to make himself look better. Or, will Wolf do the keyboard duties, and let Mike back to play bass? How fucking pissed would Roth era fan be if Clichegar not only gets himself back in the band, but Mike too! Ha ha ha! Damn, I almost hope this happens, just so I can see all the bullsthit from the fans of both eras.

I believe Wolf has probably tired of most of the same old setlist. I believe the whole band has tired of Dave.

I didn't expect Wolf to ignore that era of his Dad and Uncle's music.

I believe the lack of ticket sales at a lot of this past tours venues, has made Wolfgang realize that the best way to pad his bank account, is to propose a Hagar reunion.

Let's face it. Wolfgang cannot make the kind of money on his own, that he can with his Dad and Uncle. There's not a promoter out there that is going to touch another tour with Dave, for the kind of upfront money they now demand. Wolf knows he has for the most part tapped out the fan base of the original era. Now it's time for him to reach into the pockets of the Van Hagar era fans.

Can't blame the kid. It will do nothing more than ensure he never has to get a real job.

I could spew out that I don't agree, but I think all of us have been around long enough to realize that when it comes to this group of people, particularly Edward Lodewijk and Alexander Arthur Van Halen, that absolutely ANYTHING is possible....

But let's pretend for a second that it happens....

You don't honestly think that Van Velveeta would match the attendance that they had this past tour, do you? Sure, they had some mediocre crowds early in the tour, but the last half of the tour was damn strong crowd-wise.... I don't see two hours of "uh, dig it ya'll, love love love" coming anywhere near to selling out arenas or ampitheaters.....

In terms of Mike, if Bette were to return, there's no way he would WITHOUT Mike....

So, could it happen? Sure it could....

I just hope not....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I could spew out that I don't agree, but I think all of us have been around long enough to realize that when it comes to this group of people, particularly Edward Lodewijk and Alexander Arthur Van Halen, that absolutely ANYTHING is possible....

But let's pretend for a second that it happens....

You don't honestly think that Van Velveeta would match the attendance that they had this past tour, do you? Sure, they had some mediocre crowds early in the tour, but the last half of the tour was damn strong crowd-wise.... I don't see two hours of "uh, dig it ya'll, love love love" coming anywhere near to selling out arenas or ampitheaters.....

In terms of Mike, if Bette were to return, there's no way he would WITHOUT Mike....

So, could it happen? Sure it could....

I just hope not....

I hope not either. I'd rather see Cherbone back, than Clichegar.

I think you underestimate Van Hagar fan. Real attendance? I absolutely think they can sell as well as this last tour. I think they could milk that crowd for at least one tour.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Cool

Yechhh..."Coming to a livestock show in your area next summer: David Hasselhoff & Kitt, the latest version of REO Speedwagon and the reconstituted Van Halen!"

All for the admission price of 9 dollars and 3 cans of vegetables toward the "Help The Homeless Holiday Fund".

Come early! Parking is limited.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hope not either. I'd rather see Cherbone back, than Clichegar.

I think you underestimate Van Hagar fan. Real attendance? I absolutely think they can sell as well as this last tour. I think they could milk that crowd for at least one tour.

It would obviously get the homos that have preferred Van Hagarita all along, but I don't think they would get that many of the VH fans that have gone to a couple of the post-2007 shows with DLR....

And no, I'm not betting with you...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,615 Posts

Eddie Trunk would be front and center!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ed brought Hagar back. You'd think that after all the shit Hagar said in his book, and all the sniping that it wouldn't happen. Cherone coming back would be the real surprise.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Want to bet?
    how much and what kind of time frame?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well Va, sadly, it took Wolfgang posting a video of him playing a Van Hagar era tune, for some people to even discuss something VH related. Some people that totally ignored the tour, and probably one of, if not the best, book about Van Halen that's ever been written. Not to mention a live chat with the author of said book. Seems we have members that would rather talk Van Hagar, than Van Halen, as a means to purport their fandom of the band they've basically been ignoring.

Interesting, to say the least.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Meow

11. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (10-24-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Eddie Trunk would be front and center!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ed brought Hagar back. You'd think that after all the shit Hagar said in his book, and all the sniping that it wouldn't happen. Cherone coming back would be the real surprise.
    I look at it this way Twona. There's a reason Wolf is posting himself playing a Van Hagar song. Especially after just coming off a tour with Dave. Ed will do whatever Wolf wants, and will definitely do whatever it takes to set Wolf up for the rest of his life.

Only a fool would underestimate the buying power of Van Hagar fan.

Say what you want about Clichegar, but he's basically a happy go lucky guy. Purely from a fun stand point, what would be more fun? Another tour with that miserable fucking Dave? Or a tour with Clichegar? Think about that, before you answer. By the way, anybody that thinks Dave is anything but a miserable person, think about this. Exactly who from Dave's past, is still associated with Him? Ed and Al? Only for the money and the music. Definitely not for the fun, or the relationship. John 5? Sparingly. Does anyone not find it odd that virtually everyone that has ever been associated with Dave, has exited his life? I know a lot of you delusional motherfuckers want to believe the guy you see on stage and in public, is that same guy 24/7, but he's not. FACT!!

13. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (10-24-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    how much and what kind of time frame?
    You name both. But don't expect this to come together overnight, even though Wolfgang is obviously practicing.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-24-2015 @ 06:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Hmmm, what a coincidence....

Don't worry Wolf, this won't result in any speculation....
    I know how everyone here likes to speculate and pretend they know everything; but if people take a sec to look at who took the video...it is Jef Moll, who says he's recording Engineer for Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and Wolf. He also has a post from 5150 from Spring of 2015 so it could be an old video from then if he was visiting. And Wolf purposely said 'just messin' around.'

Why speculate the worst possible thing that could happen to this band and send that bad juju into the Universe?

16. 2 users say thank you to Northern Girl for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (10-27-2015),Jérôme Frenchise (10-27-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Girl View Post
    I know how everyone here likes to speculate and pretend they know everything; but if people take a sec to look at who took the video...it is Jef Moll, who says he's recording Engineer for Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and Wolf. He also has a post from 5150 from Spring of 2015 so it could be an old video from then if he was visiting. And Wolf purposely said 'just messin' around.'

Why speculate the worst possible thing that could happen to this band and send that bad juju into the Universe?
    Why are you even commenting? You don't even support them anymore.

What the fuck is a fan of this band supposed to do, other than speculate, since they refuse to give any information as to what they are, or are not, doing at any given time?

Who the fuck is acting or pretending like they know everything? We are doing exactly what you suggested we are doing. Speculating.

Go read Greg's book. Oh that's right, you've washed your hands of this band. Liar.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Besides the fact that this band is the most speculated upon band in the history of Rock and fuckin' Roll?

Gee, I don't know...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Why are you even commenting? You don't even support them anymore.

What the fuck is a fan of this band supposed to do, other than speculate, since they refuse to give any information as to what they are, or are not, doing at any given time?

Who the fuck is acting or pretending like they know everything? We are doing exactly what you suggested we are doing. Speculating.

Go read Greg's book. Oh that's right, you've washed your hands of this band. Liar.
    Geez my feelings about the band are a tad too important to you for some reason. You should chill out a bit.

I did not say not to speculate. I said why speculate the worst when there is some info available that could easily explain the situation.

And if you go back and read my previous posts I said I have NOT washed my hands of this band...just more interested in the future than the past.

If it's that important to you that I buy Greg's book, I will buy one and give it away. Who needs one?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I believe this will be the next Van Halen money grab. I've always expected it to happen. I believe Ed is in such a strong frame of mind right now, he could easily mend fences with Clichegar, and do this. We'll see exactly how much of a man of his word Clichegar really is. Will he pimp Mike to do it? I believe the guy wouldn't think twice about leaving Mike out, for the opportunity to tour with Ed again. Of course, he'll say he worked it out with Mike, and Mike gave his blessing, to try to make himself look better. Or, will Wolf do the keyboard duties, and let Mike back to play bass? How fucking pissed would Roth era fan be if Clichegar not only gets himself back in the band, but Mike too! Ha ha ha! Damn, I almost hope this happens, just so I can see all the bullsthit from the fans of both eras.

I believe Wolf has probably tired of most of the same old setlist. I believe the whole band has tired of Dave.

I didn't expect Wolf to ignore that era of his Dad and Uncle's music.

I believe the lack of ticket sales at a lot of this past tours venues, has made Wolfgang realize that the best way to pad his bank account, is to propose a Hagar reunion.

Let's face it. Wolfgang cannot make the kind of money on his own, that he can with his Dad and Uncle. There's not a promoter out there that is going to touch another tour with Dave, for the kind of upfront money they now demand. Wolf knows he has for the most part tapped out the fan base of the original era. Now it's time for him to reach into the pockets of the Van Hagar era fans.

Can't blame the kid. It will do nothing more than ensure he never has to get a real job.
    I agree with all the above...but I doubt people are interested with the Hagar era, who fucking cares.
    Last edited by So this is love; 10-24-2015 at 05:09 PM.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hearing Wolf play that makes me nauseous...lets hope VH goes quietly into that good night like they should have in 1985..which makes me wonder about the chat comment saying that VH would have been revered like the Beatles..would have been cool but would we have gotten the Roth solo lps without Eddie responding by fucking up the band?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Geez my feelings about the band are a tad too important to you for some reason. You should chill out a bit.

I did not say not to speculate. I said why speculate the worst when there is some info available that could easily explain the situation.

And if you go back and read my previous posts I said I have NOT washed my hands of this band...just more interested in the future than the past.

If it's that important to you that I buy Greg's book, I will buy one and give it away. Who needs one?
    Maybe you would appreciate what is or is not in this bands future, if you read what it actually took for them to make it to where they did. I don't give one fuck if you buy Greg's book. Obviously you think you know it all anyway.

I hope you are as joyful with their future, as I am their past. I don't give one fuck about their future. There is not one thing they could possibly do in the future, that would live up to their past, other than release an old live show on video. That's it. Anything else will be sub par. A shell of what once was. "Oooh, hey, I'm only interested in their future. But I want to go see live show after live show of them only performing from their past". Fucking hypocrite.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Hearing Wolf play that makes me nauseous...

I believe I said to myself, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

as much a fan I am, I came to realize during the 1984 tour that all VH is interested in is MONEY$$. Nothing wrong with that btw....... If ever the HAGAR ERA IS EVEN CUNTSIDERED ...........VH SHOULD PULL THE FUCKING PLUG already! thank you good night!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Maybe you would appreciate what is or is not in this bands future, if you read what it actually took for them to make it to where they did. I don't give one fuck if you buy Greg's book. Obviously you think you know it all anyway.

I hope you are as joyful with their future, as I am their past. I don't give one fuck about their future. There is not one thing they could possibly do in the future, that would live up to their past, other than release an old live show on video. That's it. Anything else will be sub par. A shell of what once was. "Oooh, hey, I'm only interested in their future. But I want to go see live show after live show of them only performing from their past". Fucking hypocrite.
    You have some serious reading comprehension problems.

You don't care about anything but the past, but you don't think I shouldn't comment here because you think I don't support the band. You think living in the past is supporting the band? Yeah, I'm the hypocrite. I guess no one should comment unless they agree with you about everything.

You're right...I shouldn't comment. I should have never come back here. Thanks for making that clear.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I guess no one should comment unless they agree with you about everything.

You're right...I shouldn't comment. I should have never come back here. Thanks for making that clear.
    Excellent idea NG! Only those that agree with me, comment!

No, you should have come back. You just shouldn't have been so bitchy about it!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I saw Vic play live on the Sam and Dave tour. They guy that Dave hired was good but he played like he was in Marky Mark's band in Rockstar. It was quite obvious he played in a Van Halen cover band. At least Vic improvised and changed things up a little. I left that show thinking it was all over for Dave but he sounded much better on the Strummin' album. If Sam opened that night things might have been much different but unfortunately it was Sammy's turn to close. The only solo Dave song Dave did was Yankee Rose. Sam did Van Hagar and solo stuff with a little Montrose and HSAS thrown in. I wonder if Dave's behavior on that tour had anything to do with Ed hiring Sammy back for a tour instead of Dave in 2004.
    I couldn't agree less...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Cheese this, Velveeta that, Ed cringes when he hears the Van Hagar songs...you guys are delusional. The only thing Ed and his brother care about are dollar signs. And if they think they can get paid touring with Sam...you can bet your ass you'll be seeing this on the next tour...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You love that walk

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I couldn't agree less...
    How can you voice an opinion of a show you didn't even attend?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Has any speculated about a tour with Sam and Dave? It could happen. If it meant a total CVH reunion for half a show would anyone be interested? They could call it the bury the hatchett tour.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

I was at the Tampa show 3rd row, Vic was shit, Hagar was an annoying prick and we walked out early.

Were you on his little onstage grandstand of fatties?

33. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (10-26-2015)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I was at the Tampa show 3rd row, Vic was shit, Hagar was an annoying prick and we walked out early.

Were you on his little onstage grandstand of fatties?
    That wasn't the same show. I saw them in Cali close to Sammy's home town. Maybe they tried a little harder that night. No I wasn't on stage but if it meant free tequila I would have gone for it.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Has any speculated about a tour with Sam and Dave? It could happen. If it meant a total CVH reunion for half a show would anyone be interested? They could call it the bury the hatchett tour.

Yup, as I said, NOTHING out of the realm of possibility with these fuckin' guys....

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dave would cut his balls off first , though I said the same about the Dave Sam tour

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Dave would cut his balls off first , though I said the same about the Dave Sam tour
    He'd have to get them back from Ed first.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    No, you should have come back. You just shouldn't have been so bitchy about it!
    I just read the 25 posts I've made since I came back a couple weeks ago, and I don't see anything bitchy. In fact, I was quite charming.

This again is why I don't want the book:

I'm sure it's great, but I don't care beyond the music anymore.

Since '78, I was Van Halen obsessed. I had to have everything I could get my hands on. I had everything VH you could buy plus a trunk full of 5 inch thick scrapbooks full of every magazine article and picture I collected for years.
    But a few years back I'm happy to say I was able to let it all go...so I gave it all away...hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. (Zing! got the last of it last summer.) I still have all the music and kept a boot from each tour. I kept a little paperback of Dave's book and two of the original VH necklaces. I'm not interested in anything else and couldn't be happier about that.

You probably don't get that, but you don't have to.
    And here's what I said about the future:

Too bad they didn't come to MN. I would have gone to see them one last time.

Oh well...whatever they do is up to them. If I can get behind it, I will. If not, that's fine too. (Couldn't get behind that live album.)

I don't need to know everything about their struggle to appreciate how amazing they were. I lived it from '78 on.

Getting the VH monkey off my back is a good thing. It's a healthy thing. And it's just my thing. You all can obsess until your heart's content. I can't do it anymore.

And if they can't do it anymore, I'm OK with that too. I'll always have the music and that's all that matters to ME; but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to say anymore. I'll just say it somewhere else from now on.

39. 3 users say thank you to Northern Girl for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (10-27-2015),DONNIEP (10-24-2015),Von Halen (10-24-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nah, NG, don't go anywhere. If you leave then we'll be down to like 12 regulars and the only chicks will be Kristy who's on a weed moratorium and is extra cranky and a crazed Canadian actress who moonlights as a Vacuum Wielding Superhero!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If they bring Sammy back I swear to God I'm gonna have one of these jumpsuits made for me, lol.

Is it just me or does it look like the guy behind Slappy is tickling his Bawllz?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good to know where you were concentrating your gaze bud

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

And if they can't do it anymore, I'm OK with that too. I'll always have the music and that's all that matters to ME; but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to say anymore. I'll just say it somewhere else from now on.
    Say it here. This place needs more people coming from different points of view who speak with intelligence.

back!

44. Thanked DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (10-24-2015)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

I just read the 25 posts I've made since I came back a couple weeks ago, and I don't see anything bitchy. In fact, I was quite charming.
    Von is a miserable old cow refusing to come to terms that only nerds and/or old farts like Van Halen nowadays. Don't be mad at him. Pity him.

46. Thanked Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (10-24-2015)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

Don't give a fuck?

Thread Information