X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Satan
    I have heard rumors that Spam tried to get the gig. Considering he's even older than Brian Johnson, it wasn't likely to happen.
    I think Jesse James Dupree from Jackyl would have been a good choice but I think he's friends with Brian and probably would have said no based on that if the rumors about the way they dumped him are true. I imagine there was some bad blood between Angus and Brian before the split that lead to this.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
      Why why why in all that is sacred would you then post it
      Well, that's obvious. I'm the Devil. I don't believe in "sacred".
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        You say that about every band that loses a member. Considering the bullshit you listen to (Pansy Division, The Clash, The Ramones) I think the only taste you have is in our mouth.
        Well, actually The Clash went downhill the day they kicked Topper out of the band. And the Ramones were never quite as good after DeeDee left. Pansy Division only really ever had two core members, so if they swap a drummer or a second guitarist, it doesn't really affect the band all that much.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

You're like a brother from another mother to me Donnie but you are one of the least objective people I know when it comes to music. No matter how well Wolfie played on the last tour you objected because it wasn't Mikey.I thought that GNR with Angus on lead guitar was more than decent. It would have been even cooler if Slash would have played a little lead too but oh well.
          Ok, you got me there, lol. I ain't never gonna accept Wolf in VH.

But...I stand by my statement regarding Achwel singing AC/DC songs. He sounds just like Achwel so if people like hearing him sing they'll be happy with him replacing Brian. But to me it sounds kinda shitty.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
            Stop changing the subject ... How much do you love circle record ?
            A lot better than listening to Dave wail around to his old songs on those boring ass Roth Shows
            Last edited by DONNIEP; 04-18-2016, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Satan
              Pansy Division only really ever had two core members, so if they swap a drummer or a second guitarist, it doesn't really affect the band all that much.
              Assuming they were a four pansy band I'd also have to assume two of them were eunuchs and we're replaced by eunuchs. Weirdorama.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Ok, you got me there, lol. I ain't never gonna accept Wolf in VH.

But...I stand by my statement regarding Achwel singing AC/DC songs. He sounds just like Achwel so if people like hearing him sing they'll be happy with him replacing Brian. But to me it sounds kinda shitty.
                In other words you like Axle about as much as you like Wolfie.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You say that about every band that loses a member. Considering the bullshit you listen to (Pansy Division, The Clash, The Ramones) I think the only taste you have is in our mouth.
                  Usually he says that the band should change it's name once the singer leaves. Surprised I haven't seen that one yet.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

In other words you like Axle about as much as you like Wolfie.
                    Not exactly. From all I've listened to of Achwel singing lately he sounds pretty much like he used to, at least to me but I was never a fan anyway. And I don't really care who's singing for AC/DC because I wouldn't go to one of their shows anyway. I like them - I'm just not a huge fan. It just seems and sounds like a really odd choice for the band, picking Achwel. But if he's some kind of super star outside of America then I guess it makes sense.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Usually he says that the band should change it's name once the singer leaves. Surprised I haven't seen that one yet.
                      Maybe they can call it AC Rose. Cause Guns n Roses ain't a gay enough band name to begin with lol.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

If a member of a band leaves of their own free will and the band isn't named after them I'd say it's up to the rest of the band if they want to continue on with the same name of not unless they have an agreement set up beforehand.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Assuming they were a four pansy band I'd also have to assume two of them were eunuchs and we're replaced by eunuchs. Weirdorama.
                          Believe it or not, some of their drummers and at least one of the guitarists who have rotated through the band over the years were actually heteros.

They even let the straight guy sing one of their songs.....

I'd guess they were listening to some Who albums from the 60s just before they wrote that song.
                          Last edited by Satan; 04-18-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Once you've joined the Pansy Division you're a pansy for life.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

I thought I posted this already but I guess not.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

It's a little difficult to make that argument in the case of Ac/Dc, since Johnson was actually their THIRD singer (though most people outside of Australia never even knew about the first one)

I do think they should call it a day after completing this tour though, since it's not even a band anymore. Angus is the only original member. Cliff Williams is the only other member who even played on "Back in Black", for fucks sake. Malcolm obviously ain't ever coming back, and it doesn't look like Phil Rudd is either. Brian was never as good as Bon, but he was there for over 35 years, so that certainly makes him a YUUUUUUGE part of the band (as your next President, Mr. Sanders would say)

Comment

Working...