X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    $1750 bucks for VIP? Do you get to shoot heroin with the band??

Large Value Meal with Axl....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Private dining experience with Achwel at the local Golden Corral? I bet he spends half the meal laid up under the Chocolate Wonderfall.

I wonder how many times during this show Slash thought about killing Achwel. I mean, the guy doesn't need the money so he really must be taking one for the fans.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        My prediction:

These stadiums will be heavily papered.
        Perhaps.

The locations and the fairly small amount of dates are such that they might be able to pull it off.

Like, they're playing one date in New England at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass. So, it's reasonable to assume between all the states in New England there would be enough people wanting to see a G n R reunion to fill up the 68,000 capacity.

They're doing 2 dates in Texas, the shows are within 2 days of one another and within a few hundred miles of each other, each stadium seating around 76,000 capacity. But the Arlington one will presumably also be attended by people in Oklahoma and Arkansas...

They're doing one date in Florida, in Orlando at a 70,000 capacity venue. They should be able to draw 70,000 people from the entire state willing to go to Orlando to see that.

Actually, it's smart scheduling far as the locations themselves go: because they are so scattered and the dates are fairly few, assumedly turnout will be good. Like, if they can't sell out stadiums using this strategy, they're never gonna be able to sell out stadiums...at least in the US (I have no idea what their drawing power in Europe or elsewhere would be).

Oddly, it'll be seeing what the attendance of these shows ends up being that is of most interest to me. Because I don't recall Guns and Roses being a band that sold out stadiums in the US as a headlining act...I seem to remember their Illusions Tour sold the best and played to the largest crowds when they were co-headlining with Metallica when the Black Album was peaking.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          Keyboards on Appetite stuff?
          I was more concerned about the bongos on Jungle.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Only the cheaper ones though. No fish or chicken sandwiches.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Private dining experience with Achwel at the local Golden Corral? I bet he spends half the meal laid up under the Chocolate Wonderfall.
              Fat shamer. If he gets his shit together and doesn't pull his usual bullshit like showing up late and threatening people that he knows would never take him up on his offer to "get in the ring" they might put on some decent shows. I think it would be funny as fuck if he started challenging his foes to pie eating contests to parody his former persona but I don't think that boy came equipped with a sense of humor.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Not awful

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Not awful, but I'd have to try really really hard to give a shit....

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2010

SSsssooo , imagine that . St. Louis is inexplicably removed from the G-N-R tour itinerary on April Fools day .
                    Nice shot man . Hey man , nice shot !

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                      SSsssooo , imagine that . St. Louis is inexplicably removed from the G-N-R tour itinerary on April Fools day .
                      Nice shot man . Hey man , nice shot !
                      No Golden Corral in that town...

But seriously, is this "reunion" that big of a deal? I never was much of a fan so I have no idea if people are going insane over this or not. I mean, I know they had some hits back in the day but were they really all that YUGE of a draw back then?
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2010

But seriously, is this "reunion" that big of a deal? I never was much of a fan so I have no idea if people are going insane over this or not. I mean, I know they had some hits back in the day but were they really all that YUGE of a draw back then?
                        Actually , there are several Golden Corrals here so Axl can stuff his face .They were that big of a deal back in the day . The last time they played here ( July 2 , 1991) it melted down into a full-fledged riot and Yes , I was there . The ensuing copies of Use Your Illusion I & II both have a gret big , juicy " Fuck You St. Louis !" in the album credits .

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

It's really too bad they can't get the original guys. I'd be a lot more interested in the original line up.
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

axl eats.jpgMake way for the memes!!

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                              It's really too bad they can't get the original guys. I'd be a lot more interested in the original line up.
                              I have about as much interest in this as I did in the band by the time 1992 rolled around and Alder and Stradlin were gone, which is to say not very much.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

That's the thing, in that the band was pretty famous from 1988 to 1993, but as far as actual drawing power went the band wasn't selling out stadiums back then solely based on their drawing power as a headline act.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...