X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
    To be the man you got to beat the man. So let's just beat the shit out of Axl.
    I'm with you! Fuck that pretentious ginger prick!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
      Got to see them in Greensboro with Skid Row a few weeks before the lps came out..GNR started at 10:30 and finished at 2am...3 and 1/2 hrs and the closest thing to CVH I have seen...just had an aura about them. Izzy was still in the band but no Adler..
      I seen them in early 92 I think. Izzy had just left. I thought they were very good. These day's ?? I'll pass. Unless Axl really put's in an effort too get healthy. But then there's his voice. So.........Slash should stay on his own.

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Waxle really needs to talk to the VH brothers to compare notes on how to better suck the interest out of an original-member reunion.....
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

So "days away" has turned into two weeks. I figured they'd want to announce and go on sale before the holidays. A lot of the big pop tours for next summer are on sale already.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Another subtle hint....

Kinda reminds you of VH with '07, doesn't it?

Guns N’ Roses’ website updated to feature Appetite For Destruction logo, fueling speculation of impending reunion

Announcement could be just days away

BY ALEX YOUNGON DECEMBER 25, 2015, 6:50PM

For months now rumors have swirled of a reunion between the founding members of Guns N’ Roses. For its part, the band has only fueled speculation. Not only has no one outright denied the rumors, recently the band’s official website began selling merchandise featuring images of Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stadlin, and Steven Adler, as well as of their classic logo.

Now, as Blabbermouth points out, the band’s website has been stripped bare to display only the Appetite For Destruction-era logo. Aside from the obvious, it’s a noticeable development as Axl and Slash have long squabbled over ownership of the band’s logo and other copyrights.

According to Consequence of Sound sources, GNR is fielding offers for a potential reunion tour, with Coachella among the band’s biggest suitors. With Coachella’s 2016 lineup announcement arriving sometime in January, it’s appears GNR’s own announcement could be just days away. Stay tuned.

Guns N’ Roses’ classic lineup last performed together in Argentina in July 1993.
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm guessing they follow Soundgarden's lead from a few years back and drop the reunion announcement on New Year's Eve.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

All they need is a little kid "playing" bass. Cause that's what makes for an awesome reunion. Surely Axl has a little kid in his family who can use some Magical Ear Buds that can cut through time and space and show him the light.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  I'm guessing they follow Soundgarden's lead from a few years back and drop the reunion announcement on New Year's Eve.
                  ABC's NYE show is plugging some surprise. Hmmm...

but I'm not sitting through an hour of that jerkoff Seacrest to see GNR.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

The whole thing is interesting in a curio sort of way.
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Here you go....

The band will headline this year's Coachella as well as take dates in Vegas -- possibly before heading out on a 20-plus date stadium tour.

Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible Stadium Tour: Sources
                      12/29/2015 by Ray Waddell

Guns N’ Roses, with founding members Axl Rose and Slash, will headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., set for April 15-17 and April 22-24, according to multiple sources. The reunited band is also negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in the summer of 2016, and is scheduled to be one of the first acts to play the new Las Vegas Arena, set to open April 6. Guns N' Roses is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250-$275 range.

The last show Axl Rose and Slash played together was on July 17, 1993 at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires. Guns N' Roses' most recent tour, which only included Axl Rose from the original lineup, took place primarily in South America and The Joint in Las Vegas, grossing $15.2 million.

Representatives for the band, as well as Coachella producer Paul Tollett and agent Ken Fermaglich at United Talent Agency, could not be reached for comment. Executives at AEG, which will operate the new Vegas arena, also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The band's first album, Appetite for Destruction, is the biggest-selling debut in U.S. history, with 18 million sold. It spent five weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, and launched the No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 single "Sweet Child O' Mine." They have sold 44.5 million albums total in the U.S., according to the Recording Industry Association of America.

Billboard's confirmation comes on the heels of two rumor-inducing hints dropped over the past week, the first a cryptic update to the Guns N' Roses website and the second during screenings of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, where footage of a concert crowd was shown with GN'R music overdubbed. Though longtime fans may be understandably wary after the decade-plus wait for Chinese Democracy, which became a totem of sorts to frontman Axl Rose's sometimes unpredictable behavior, this reunion bears no sign of that record's bumpy road.

Coachella has a pedigree for coaxing much-loved acts out of retirement, or being the linchpin to plans that had already been simmering. The fest has previously hosted the reunions of Rage Against The Machine in 2007, My Bloody Valentine in 2009, Pulp in 2012 and Outkast in 2014 -- not to mention Tupac's posthumous return to the stage in 2012. Guns N' Roses will arrive a year after two other legendary acts, AC/DC and Steely Dan, headlined the 2015 edition. Last year's edition drew 198,000 to the California desert, generating $84.2 million in revenue, according to Boxscore.
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Just Slash and Axl and the other hired guns? Forget it.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Just Slash and Axl and the other hired guns? Forget it.
                          Hang on, let's think about this... What if Wolfie's playing bass? I mean, you'll have the singer guy and the geetar guy up there. You don't really even see the drummer much - VH could be using an Al Puppet for all we know. I don't know, this might work out great.

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Considering Duff & Izzy have previously played with AxHole as special guests, one would think that getting Slash back in the fold was the last major obstacle to a true reunion. It has to be at least the 4 of them on stage to even call it a reunion at all.

As far as the drummer goes, Adler would be great if he could handle it. His sobriety seems to be about as strong as one of those "extra strength" paper towels. It's fine until you get it wet. ("wet" in this case would be a metaphor for easy access to substances). Axl reportedly hates Matt Sorum to the point where he denies he was ever a band member at all and called him a "former employee" (ironically Sorum was in the band longer than Adler was).

If it was the original 4 members plus a scab drummer, it would probably be enough for most fans. But just 2 out of the 5 ain't gonna cut it.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                              Considering Duff & Izzy have previously played with AxHole as special guests, one would think that getting Slash back in the fold was the last major obstacle to a true reunion. It has to be at least the 4 of them on stage to even call it a reunion at all.

As far as the drummer goes, Adler would be great if he could handle it. His sobriety seems to be about as strong as one of those "extra strength" paper towels. It's fine until you get it wet. ("wet" in this case would be a metaphor for easy access to substances). Axl reportedly hates Matt Sorum to the point where he denies he was ever a band member at all and called him a "former employee" (ironically Sorum was in the band longer than Adler was).

If it was the original 4 members plus a scab drummer, it would probably be enough for most fans. But just 2 out of the 5 ain't gonna cut it.
                              A. You're supposed to be grateful for whatever Achwel gives you

3. It's better than nothing

Doesn't matter to me either way. I only liked a couple of their songs anyways so I won't be going.

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Why should I care? It's not like they're going to be touring Hell in either case.
                                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...