Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would the world be safer if we got rid of religion?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Just put some ice cream in a tall glass and pour beer over it. Call it a beer float.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The world wouldn't be any safer without religion. Religion is just another form of politics. I see the left getting duped by politicians and so called intellectual huxsters just as much as the right gets duped by religion. Atheist movements like communism have killed millions of people the last century. In fact atheist Jesse Ventura said when he was governor of Minnesota he saw the good that religion brings especially regarding charity. Jesse said if we got rid of religion everyone would feel a negative impact. So there you go. It's not going anywhere. It's been here for thousands of years. It's human nature. Plus how do you outlaw religion without violating people's rights? You can't.

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2021 @ 11:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    The world would be safer if we got rid of a helluva lot of people. Religion isn't the problem - insane people who think God tells them to run around killing and hurting others are the problem. And yes - feel free to get rid of the Westboro Baptist freaks first. They're almost as crazy as these Moozlim ISILs.
    Religion certainly is the problem!

If everybody was certain there´s only one life and there´s nothing to come after it, how many people do you think would risk their lives for ridiculous bullshit?

If you´re convinced this life is your only one you´d cling to it! You wouldn´t strap on a suicide belt. You wouldn´t attack some heavily armed strangers just because some old man ordered you to do it. etc. etc.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyklira View Post

If everybody was certain there´s only one life and there´s nothing to come after it, how many people do you think would risk their lives for ridiculous bullshit?

If you´re convinced this life is your only one you´d cling to it! You wouldn´t strap on a suicide belt. You wouldn´t attack some heavily armed strangers just because some old man ordered you to do it. etc. etc.
    North Korean Communists/Stalinists have/had no problem giving their life for ridiculous bullshit...

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I don't know...I was pretty happy when I walked out with this yesterday - Happy Birthday to me indeed!!

Now, I make jokes but I'm not really a prepper. I have a buddy who IS and that motherfucker has an arsenal that would put David Koresh to shame lol. I just like guns and shooting and it's something I do with my kid - she digs it too and it's fun. Plus she needs to know how to defend herself when them damn ISILs show up and start blowing shit up real good. Like they're about to do in Blighty it sounds like. Which is actually pretty concerning and I hope like hell they don't pull it off. But if they do, come on over to America and we'll get you gunned up. And remember, Walmart = guns and ammo and beers all in one trip
    About 92 Americans die due to gun violence day by day in the USA, no terrorists needed! So, on a bad day more Americans get shot dead in the USA than were killed in the Paris terrorist attacks. People like you are so used to reports of your own countrymen getting shot dead that you don´t even notice how many it amounts to!

6. Thanked kentuckyklira for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (11-26-2015)

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    North Korean Communists/Stalinists have/had no problem giving their life for ridiculous bullshit...
    When how and etc.?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

When how and etc.?
    Really? Do I have to write just about everything easily available in a quick Google search?

Look, I'm not a fan or organized religion and all that, but I think communism is a good example where Atheists can become extremist, logic-defying fuckwits....

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

About 92 Americans die due to gun violence day by day in the USA, no terrorists needed! So, on a bad day more Americans get shot dead in the USA than were killed in the Paris terrorist attacks. People like you are so used to reports of your own countrymen getting shot dead that you don´t even notice how many it amounts to!
    First off, I wouldn't put on semtex underoos if Jesus Christ Hisself showed up and told me to. Second, I do know what the gun murder rate is in this country and if you remove the gang related murders the number drops precipitously. And I've posted here time and again that any murders are too many.

Now, I gots to make a run to the Walmart. Ammo is on sale for early Black Friday specials and they got Ther beers on sale too.

The Nature Boy
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-16-2015 @ 04:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think the world we be a safer place if we got rid of people like DONNIEP who dateS girls who wear training bras!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

7 TIMES!!!! 7 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!
    Last edited by Ric Flair; 11-26-2015 at 04:00 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    In fact atheist Jesse Ventura said when he was governor of Minnesota he saw the good that religion brings especially regarding charity. Jesse said if we got rid of religion everyone would feel a negative impact. So there you go. It's not going anywhere.
    On what fucking nutso planet is Jesse Ventura the spokesman for athiests? Who is vice spokesman - Gary Busey?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    On what fucking nutso planet is Jesse Ventura the spokesman for athiests? Who is vice spokesman - Gary Busey?
    Gary Busey is fuckin awesome!!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

If everyone was certain they didn't have to answer for their actions while they were alive after they die wouldn't that make some people say why not to any henious idea that crossed their mind if they figured that could get away with? Don't you think some people keep some of their urges in check based up a fear they'll have to answer for their actions one day whether they get caught or not?

Thread Information