ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

The guy is Jeff Babicz, the story is on his FB page....

So I get a call from Eddie Van Halen, who asked me if i'm interested in restoring some of his guitars (of course I said yes!). Here is one of the guitars he sent me: His iconic Steinberger 5150 striped GL2T, serial #3340. I built this guitar for him in November 1985...almost 30 years ago to the day!. When discussing the restoration approach with Eddie, he says "this guitar is as important to the music as the songs themselves...I want to play this guitar again, people want to see this guitar". I will be doing a re-fret, installing vintage EMG pickups, and rebuilding the Steinberger TransTrem tremolo unit for him. Stay tuned, Jeff Babicz http://jeffbabicz.com/steinberger-so...nberger‬
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,444 Posts

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just too many 'coincidences'.....

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Who wants to start a rumor about who called the fire marshal?
    I dunno...Hagar? Ed/Wolfie/Alex?

That would have been interesting to see, even though my expectations for it vocally weren't very high. A shame competence by the venue staff wasn't what it needed to be. I mean, Van Halen can pull off a gig at Café Wha? yet this get-together couldn't be managed by the staff of this club?

This beats workin' baby!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-03-2022 @ 11:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I have never seen a pic of VH from 07-15 looking as happy as the EEAS band looks here.
    Could you imagine a new album with those 5 lunatics? Well Tuggle can suck a dick but the original 4 putting out some new music would be epic! Heres hoping...

6. Thanked wiseguy for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (11-28-2015)

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-31-2018 @ 06:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Appears DLR doesn't have interest in making new music....
    That's the one I would take exception to. Who's the one with an album of new material actually complete, just waiting to be released. (As opposed to the stacks of fragments and drunken noodlings that Ed keeps bragging about). I think Dave has been very eager to work on a new record.

I would also have to cast serious doubt on any thought that a Hagar reunion is imminent. When's the last time the brothers ever finished a project and then jumped right into the next one without at least two years off? Wolf is making his solo record; he'll probably go tour with that Creed guy again. No way anything happens with VH before 2017.

8. 2 users say thank you to damngoodtimes for this KICKASS post:

BITEYOASS (11-28-2015),DLR Bridge (11-27-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Seriously Donnie?

I fully concur on the lack of excitement with Ed/Al/Wolf, but to say DLR CARRIED all of the shows is an extreme exaggeration. Moreover, if you talk to many, many people who attended those shows, particularly this past tour, DLR was the CLEAR weak link, with EVH actually carrying the show....

Um, yeah, I mentioned Jay's "no contract" thing for DLR on Twitter last night, and it raised quite the shitstorm....

But I think too many people are automatically tying the fact that DLR currently has no contract with VH to saying that DLR is "out of the band". I think that's way too premature.
    Sorry, I was slightly buzzed when I wrote that, lol. What I meant by carrying the show was the visual aspect of it. I wholeheartedly agree that Dave's vocals sucked on the second tour and were hit or miss on this last one, but much better than the second one.

What I mean is Dave carries the damn show every fucking night he has to get on stage with those guys. And by those guys I mean Wolf and Ed. I'm sure Wolfie is a great guy, probably the only normal one in the entire band. But between him and his cunt daddy - they suck the life out of the room. I think Wolf lays back on purpose, which is actually pretty cool since he doesn't run around screaming "Look at me, I'm in Van Fuckin Halen!!!" which is what I and the rest of us would do. So props to him for being cool. But the damn show sucks ass. And Dave is up there doing anything and everything he can to put on a show. I hate the damn dance floor but I get why he has it - the guy has done everything but light himself on fire to give people a good show.

And as far as the "news" about the contract goes, it's not really a secret. And making the leap from out of the contract to out of the band isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination either. Of course I'll defer to those of us who actually are "in the know" and speak to people close to the band.
    Last edited by DONNIEP; 11-27-2015 at 10:15 AM.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    That's the one I would take exception to. Who's the one with an album of new material actually complete, just waiting to be released. (As opposed to the stacks of fragments and drunken noodlings that Ed keeps bragging about). I think Dave has been very eager to work on a new record.

I would also have to cast serious doubt on any thought that a Hagar reunion is imminent. When's the last time the brothers ever finished a project and then jumped right into the next one without at least two years off? Wolf is making his solo record; he'll probably go tour with that Creed guy again. No way anything happens with VH before 2017.

Well, allow me to rephrase - It appears DLR doesn't have any interest in making new music at Howdy Doody Mountain, for whatever reason....

And for the record, I said nothing about Hagar being imminent....

I just think when you consider the VH 'camp' (and I'm including Jeff at VHND as well in this regard) making very, very few references to anything related to the Hagarita era in the recent past, that now all of a sudden once the tour is over, and reportedly DLR's contract is up, that we get all of these 'coincidences'.....

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

These items being more than coincidences would imply something orchestrated or at least a fully-formed thought. I don't know that those clowns are capable of such a thing.

I suppose it's possible they have VHND putting out feelers, but more likely, I think Jeff has always loved some Van Hagar and feels liberated now that the tour with Roth is over. Remember that he fed plenty of Hagar content in the gap between ADKOT tour and this latest one.

The conclusion that VH is doing NOTHING still far outweighs any other option.

Dave would be smart to take advantage of the downtime to do something on his own. His skill is clearly the most perishable. When the brothers get around to doing something again, either they call him or they don't; it's no longer life and death from Dave's perspective.

12. Thanked damngoodtimes for this KICKASS post:

BumBahDeeDah (11-27-2015)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I suppose it's possible they have VHND putting out feelers, but more likely, I think Jeff has always loved some Van Hagar and feels liberated now that the tour with Roth is over. Remember that he fed plenty of Hagar content in the gap between ADKOT tour and this latest one.

No, you're incorrect there.

Knowing Jeff pretty well over the years, I can verify that he's definitely pro-DLR/VH.... His inclusion of Bette/VH items on his website is merely for his business, which I can fully understand....

14. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

damngoodtimes (11-27-2015)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    The conclusion that VH is doing NOTHING still far outweighs any other option.
    My money is on this one...

All the rest of this speculation is just wishful thinking and day-dreaming...

16. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (12-01-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    My money is on this one...

All the rest of this speculation is just wishful thinking and day-dreaming...
    Well what the hell else are we gonna do here? Speculation is better than constantly arguing about guns and refyougeez and the BCE (I had to toss that in since Ford ain't around)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Dave's vocals sucked on the second tour and were hit or miss on this last one, but much better than the second one.

What I mean is Dave carries the damn show every fucking night he has to get on stage with those guys. And by those guys I mean Wolf and Ed. I'm sure Wolfie is a great guy, probably the only normal one in the entire band. But between him and his cunt daddy - they suck the life out of the room. I think Wolf lays back on purpose, which is actually pretty cool since he doesn't run around screaming "Look at me, I'm in Van Fuckin Halen!!!" which is what I and the rest of us would do. So props to him for being cool. But the damn show sucks ass. And Dave is up there doing anything and everything he can to put on a show. I hate the damn dance floor but I get why he has it - the guy has done everything but light himself on fire to give people a good show.

And as far as the "news" about the contract goes, it's not really a secret. And making the leap from out of the contract to out of the band isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination either. Of course I'll defer to those of us who actually are "in the know" and speak to people close to the band.
    I'd say Dave was certainly carrying the band on the first reunion tour. After that, it has been, more and more, a case of the other way around.

Sure, it was nepotism and convenience that brought Wolfie into the band. By the time he became an official member in 2006, 'Van Halen' wasn't worth much as a band name with a viable future short of Roth rejoining. The 2004 was a disaster, Ed was wanking out drivel for a pron flick 'soundtrack', had meth mouth and news of his death wouldn't have been unexpected at any moment even as late as the NAMM appearance in late 2006 given his general physical appearance. And now, care of previously unreleased interview recordings, we find out that apparently Eddie didn't really think much of Michael Anthony and his contributions going as far back as 1982.

Far as what I can tell, getting Wolfie into that band was a positive thing for Eddie personally. I tend to doubt anything short of Wolfie joining would have gotten Ed out of his dilapidated mansion and eventually sober. It seems the pleasure of playing with his kid was the prime motivating factor in what the band has undertaken since 2006. And there's nothing wrong with that, all things considered. To be sure, in 2007/2008 seeing Wolfie onstage looked a bit awkward: the kid seemed out of place. In 2012, his participation was no longer an issue for me. Would I have preferred to have seen Anthony onstage instead? Absolutely. I still would. Whatever Eds feelings about him, to me Anthony has shown more loyalty to the Van Halens for much longer than ANY other ex or current member. Yeah, it might be a case of Anthony not having as many options or creative talent than any other ex or current member. But look at the high road Anthony has taken publicly post-2006 regarding Van Halen. However, I think Wolfie was the one who finally managed to talk some sense into his father and make him realize that getting Roth back into the band was what people wanted to see and it was the only realistic option the band had to become a viable commercial enterprise again. I'm sure others were saying the same thing to Eddie and had been for years, but I tend to think Wolfie was the only one Ed would listen to. And for whatever Van Halens output has been worth from 2007 through today, Wolfie has been the key to any of that happening at all.

Ed seems like a dud personality-wise. In the end, though, Ed being an asshole or not isn't even a factor regarding my interest in the band. The only thing that matters to me is how well Eddie is playing. And from 2012 up to the present, Ed has consistently been able to produce performances that are able to adequately replicate what he was doing from 1978-1984. THAT is the benchmark requirement of a musician performing in a nostalgia band (and, make no mistake about it, Van Halen have been for all intents and purposes a nostalgia act since Roth rejoined), and Ed meets that requirement.

Dave brought his A game to the 2007/2008 tour. Since then, his effectiveness in fronting the band has been waning. I can't really say if his vocal abilities are diminishing as a function of age and what he exhibits is the best he is now capable of, or if he is consciously choosing to approach his live vocals the way he is...but roughly half the time the band are performing onstage since the ADKOT tour up through this year, Roth isn't sounding good. The instrumentation is concise and on-point, and Dave isn't able to provide the same level of performance vocally. He's forgetting lyrics again, yelling (badly) when merely singing would not only suffice but just plain sound better. It was one thing 30 year ago when Roth could augment any vocal shortcomings with a split from the drum riser or a high kick. Virtually all of those youthful martial art inspired displays of showmanship are now an understandable memory. Dave's onstage comedy routines are now becoming recycled and repetitive: there are only so many times you can hear the same between song patter before it becomes redundant and ineffective. So what we're left with is Dave turning up with stage wardrobe appearing to have been purchased in bulk from whatever was left of the estate of Paul Lynde (I mean, neon green ascots with matching shirts and pants? In 2015? Something I would expect an mc at a retirement home on resident talent follies night to be wearing), moving around onstage in a shuffling aged manner and unable to sing properly beyond a few short bursts here and there.

And supposedly DAVE is the one carrying the band live these days? Not from my vantage point.

19. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (11-27-2015)

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No, you're incorrect there.

Knowing Jeff pretty well over the years, I can verify that he's definitely pro-DLR/VH.... His inclusion of Bette/VH items on his website is merely for his business, which I can fully understand....
    OK, then. I'll drop the "loved" part and stick with the "liberated" part. Whether by directive or not, he was reluctant to promote any Hagar stuff while the band was active with VH. He can resume appealing to the entire customer base, as it were, during these periods of inactivity.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I stand by my statement - Dave is up there doing everything and anything he can visually to put on a show while Old Bitter Cunt and Wolf stand there like two idiots who don't realize they're putting on a rock show. Should Dave put more effort into his vocals? Well hell yes he should! But the visual is important too and at least he's trying in that aspect.

And honestly I could care less about Ed's playing ability. I can go out and find five guys who can play those songs better than he can. And it ain't like he's shooting magic out of his old worn out fingers - it's the same shit he's been doing for 30 + years. Hell he SHOULD be good at it by now.

The "magic" of seeing Dave on stage with OBC wore off not long after the first show of '07. I enjoyed the hell out of the two tours I caught but it's done. If they ain't gonna do a proper reunion then fuck the Van Triplets or whatever they call themselves. There ain't gonna be anything new happening there, there's zero excitement from the three faggity sisters, and honestly I could give a shit less about seeing the same old crap tour.

I honestly hope this EEAS gig happens and it kicks Dave in the Bawllz and gets him in the frame of mind to do something, anything. Anything other than playing Ninja in North Korea or where ever he spends his time being a hermit. But who knows, Dave could come out on stage and suck ass singing those songs like he did half the last tour with Van Failin.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

OK, then. I'll drop the "loved" part and stick with the "liberated" part. Whether by directive or not, he was reluctant to promote any Hagar stuff while the band was active with VH. He can resume appealing to the entire customer base, as it were, during these periods of inactivity.
    We've seen two Hagar era songs be released in instrumental form over the past week or so at the VHND. Jeff mentions that they are nothing official on the band's part, but still makes one wonder, wassup wit dat?

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"...the story is not over..."

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    "...the story is not over..."
    Like I said, if these guys do actually set up a show - this one being canceled is the best thing that could have happened. The buzz is gonna be off the charts.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,399 Times in 6,055 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Touring with Roth and clean living seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to me
    You can even take the 'Touring with Roth' part out of that sentence and it works just as well...

26. 3 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (11-27-2015),vandeleur (11-27-2015),ZahZoo (11-28-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

Last edited by WARF; 11-27-2015 at 01:40 PM.

28. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

philouze (11-27-2015)

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Let's dance, y'all..

30. 2 users say thank you to philouze for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (11-27-2015),WARF (11-27-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philouze View Post
    Let's dance, y'all..

Hey - I know that guy!! I still can't believe people donated to that site. I guess they thought the money was going to the Goat even though I said I spent it all on beer, lol. I'll never forget drunk Warf calling me one nite and trying to get me to wire money to that dude so he could get his bass out of the pawn shop

32. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

WARF (11-27-2015)

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Goat is a cunt. But what came with that was plain fantastic.

34. Thanked philouze for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (12-01-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree the greatest web site ever. No censorship. The total opposite of this place. You can't even say animal names here lol

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philouze View Post
    Goat is a cunt. But what came with that was plain fantastic.
    The dude is a moron. We had people from Mexico emailing us wanting to hire the guy to wrestle, had people wanting to hire him to play at a fuckin bah mitzvah - no shit, and I don't remember how many emails from people wanting to hire the guy just to play here and there. Warf was talking to some radio station in LA that wanted to interview the guy. It was the weirdest fucking thing.

Anyway, maybe Ed will hire him now that Dave's out of the band hahahahaha!!! I would pay 200 bucks to go see that. The bass solo would be epic, lol.

37. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

WARF (11-27-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'd pay to go see Van Goat !

I'll save my money for the EEAS tour, and let fat spammy go back to Van Halen so I can watch everyone cry about it and I can bash the fuck out of Eddie Van Heinekin again.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    Seriously. Who fucking cares if Dave is in or out of Van Halen anymore. I'm a Roth fan, as long as he's doing what he does best, I'm in.
    you and ilickstuff

40. Thanked PETE'S BROTHER for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (11-27-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    I'd pay to go see Van Goat !

I'll save my money for the EEAS tour, and let fat spammy go back to Van Halen so I can watch every cry about it and I can bash the fuck out of Eddie Van Heinekin again.
    Oh I cannot wait to see Slappy fronting VH again. If that don't drive Ed back to the bottle nothing will. I can't wait to see them doing the fake fag hug every nite. And you just know they'll bring back The 5150 Walk. Oh it's gonna be the best train wreck in history...

42. 2 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (12-04-2015),WARF (11-27-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Get the contract out for Bette Midler it's 5150 time!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that show was heavily papered.

I was accused of making up the term "papered" over at the Links. .
    you did that??!?!?! i never heard it before this summer. come up with somethin' cooler next time... "fibrous sheeted"

45. Thanked PETE'S BROTHER for this KICKASS post:

Angel (11-27-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Get the contract out for Bette Midler it's 5150 time!
    Here's a little flashback and preview of what's to come. This is hands down my favorite VH performance ever.

I never get tired of watching that. Sam looks like a complete fuckin idiot and he couldn't sing that song if you put a gun to his head. He just can't do it. And Eddie's drunker than Warf on Welfare Check Day. I love me some shit faced drunk Eddie. Now that's entertainment. Not only does he jerk around like Michael J Fox without his meds, you just have no idea what he's gonna play on that electrified geetar of his. If somebody put together a Worst Of DVD from that tour I would pay 100 bucks for it and watch it every single nite. I wish I could set up a big screen right outside Ed's gate and play that on a loop.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry, I was slightly buzzed when I wrote that, lol. What I meant by carrying the show was the visual aspect of it. I wholeheartedly agree that Dave's vocals sucked on the second tour and were hit or miss on this last one, but much better than the second one.

This would be Dave's future with Van Halen Donnie... in a mad attempt to make the brothers interesting lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxohDs2-UM

48. Thanked Jetstream for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (11-27-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    This would be Dave's future with Van Halen Donnie... in a mad attempt to make the brothers interesting lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxohDs2-UM
    That's about what it would take to make a show with Ed interesting.

50. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (11-27-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,399 Times in 6,055 Posts

Here's a little flashback and preview of what's to come. This is hands down my favorite VH performance ever.

I never get tired of watching that. Sam looks like a complete fuckin idiot and he couldn't sing that song if you put a gun to his head. He just can't do it. And Eddie's drunker than Warf on Welfare Check Day. I love me some shit faced drunk Eddie. Now that's entertainment. Not only does he jerk around like Michael J Fox without his meds, you just have no idea what he's gonna play on that electrified geetar of his. If somebody put together a Worst Of DVD from that tour I would pay 100 bucks for it and watch it every single nite. I wish I could set up a big screen right outside Ed's gate and play that on a loop.
    Dude this is 2015, if they do announce a reunion we can post that everywhere!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Yeah, that 2004 tour and those new Van Hagar BOBW tracks were really the nadir of the band.

As bad as Eddie performed the longer the 2007/2008 tour went on, that whole 2004 biz was just sad.

Sad that concerns over a high nightly guarantee trumped any other considerations in the minds of Azoff, Hagar and Alex Van Halen, because Ed wasn't in any condition to go on tour then. Hagar admitted knowing as much throughout the recording process of BOBW leading up to the tour and the tour rehearsals themselves, and despite his claims (which are believable enough) that [Hagar] bailing on the tour once it started would have left him on the hook for stiff financial liabilities, he knew it was going to be a disaster from the get-go.

For whatever misgivings can be said about the Van Halen III album and tour, at least Ed could still play.

Yeah, it's mildly amusing to watch a drunken Eddie fumble around when the viewing takes place for free via the comfort of your own home through a youtube clip. It's substantially less amusing (which I found out firsthand in 2008) when you've paid good money for tickets, dragged yourself to the venue and laid out another $200 on top of the ticket prices for parking, t-shirts, food and drink and get 'treated' to a display of second-rate rock guitar from a guy who can't play properly.

In 2004, seeing those clips was mildly amusing. After seeing a substandard show with ROTH fronting the band four years later, I kinda knew how those 2004 audiences felt - ripped off.

53. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (11-28-2015)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I stand by my statement - Dave is up there doing everything and anything he can visually to put on a show while Old Bitter Cunt and Wolf stand there like two idiots who don't realize they're putting on a rock show. Should Dave put more effort into his vocals? Well hell yes he should! But the visual is important too and at least he's trying in that aspect.

And honestly I could care less about Ed's playing ability. I can go out and find five guys who can play those songs better than he can. And it ain't like he's shooting magic out of his old worn out fingers - it's the same shit he's been doing for 30 + years. Hell he SHOULD be good at it by now.

The "magic" of seeing Dave on stage with OBC wore off not long after the first show of '07. I enjoyed the hell out of the two tours I caught but it's done. If they ain't gonna do a proper reunion then fuck the Van Triplets or whatever they call themselves. There ain't gonna be anything new happening there, there's zero excitement from the three faggity sisters, and honestly I could give a shit less about seeing the same old crap tour.

I honestly hope this EEAS gig happens and it kicks Dave in the Bawllz and gets him in the frame of mind to do something, anything. Anything other than playing Ninja in North Korea or where ever he spends his time being a hermit. But who knows, Dave could come out on stage and suck ass singing those songs like he did half the last tour with Van Failin.
    I take no great joy in pointing out Roth's lack of abilities these days, but to claim otherwise would be disingenuous.

At this point, perhaps an EEAS reunion WOULD be preferable, because although we disagree with exactly which members the current version of Van Halen are carrying the load I think we both agree that this current version of Van Halen has little left to offer that they haven't already provided. Short of getting Anthony back in the band for a proper reunion tour and maybe unearthing some other less popular CVH tunes for a live dusting off, there's nothing else Van Halen have left to do that is of any importance. At least not to me. They've devolved into yet another aging rock band who tour periodically to fill their coffers. And I get that. It's not as if these guys are going to become something other than what they are at this point in their lives. Even Anthony rejoining now would be of minimal interest to me. My whole reaction to their 2015 undertakings, from the Tokyo Dome to their tv appearances to their tour was just "meh". What would they do for another studio album? How many more unreleased old demo tracks are there left for the band to tinker around with and re-record?

I think it's just that sense of urgency and innovation the band had back in the 1970s and 1980s has been gone forever for quite some time now, and they can't get it back. It's just...done, you know? Too many years apart, too much ego nonsense, too much self-abuse...too much success, perhaps?

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I take no great joy in pointing out Roth's lack of abilities these days, but to claim otherwise would be disingenuous.

At this point, perhaps an EEAS reunion WOULD be preferable, because although we disagree with exactly which members the current version of Van Halen are carrying the load I think we both agree that this current version of Van Halen has little left to offer that they haven't already provided. Short of getting Anthony back in the band for a proper reunion tour and maybe unearthing some other less popular CVH tunes for a live dusting off, there's nothing else Van Halen have left to do that is of any importance. At least not to me. They've devolved into yet another aging rock band who tour periodically to fill their coffers. And I get that. It's not as if these guys are going to become something other than what they are at this point in their lives. Even Anthony rejoining now would be of minimal interest to me. My whole reaction to their 2015 undertakings, from the Tokyo Dome to their tv appearances to their tour was just "meh". What would they do for another studio album? How many more unreleased old demo tracks are there left for the band to tinker around with and re-record?

I think it's just that sense of urgency and innovation the band had back in the 1970s and 1980s has been gone forever for quite some time now, and they can't get it back. It's just...done, you know? Too many years apart, too much ego nonsense, too much self-abuse...too much success, perhaps?
    It is pretty much the same scenario (puddle of shit) the Who stepped into after Keith Moon decided to drop off the planet...Now what?

Great, get a drummer who was brilliant with the Faces, and allow him to be crummy as all hell and let your reputation fall straight onto the roadside. And, golly...what a fucking unexpected surprise. Van Halen has consistently been shooting themselves in the foot for decades now.

The EUAS band would be something terrific, if Roth discovered how to sing again. Screaming and yelping are not exactly helping, ya know?

57. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Terry (11-28-2015)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Agreed with everything you said, except...

It's the Parkinson's meds that cause Fox's Dyskinesia (sp?).

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

How long before Eddie does his "You can't be in two bands at once...." bullshit? Frankly, this latest =VH= sting was fun while it lasted. I can't wait for the EEAS band to do a legit tour. The audience sure as hell will be a lot more fun. Because those Eddie fans are boring as fuck.

Thread Information