• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Do it in red and then stripe that sumbitch up!!
    I was thinking rat rod, flat black n' pinstripes.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Hahaha
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Whorehey
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by twonabomber
        I've got an old Kirby that I'm going to have powdercoated!
        I kicked the Kirby saleman out of my house when he told me it was $1500 for a vacuum cleaner.

I let him do my living room first...
        'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
          I kicked the Kirby saleman out of my house when he told me it was $1500 for a vacuum cleaner.

I let him do my living room first...
          I inherited this one. It's so old it runs on steam.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Did a fire code violation just keep a whole lot of Los Angeles fans from witnessing a full-blown reunion of David Lee Roth's Eat 'Em and Smile band?

‘Eat ‘Em and Smile’ Reunion Show – With David Lee Roth? – Cancelled Due to Overcrowding

Did a fire code violation just keep a whole lot of Los Angeles fans from witnessing a full-blown reunion of David Lee Roth‘s Eat ‘Em and Smile band, complete with an appearance from Diamond Dave himself? It sure seems possible.

It had been previously announced that three-fourths of the group – guitarist Steve Vai, bassist Billy Sheehan and drummer Gregg Bissonette – were scheduled to play last night (Nov. 25) at Lucky Strike Live Hollywood / Highland in Los Angeles, with Steel Panther’s Ralph Saenz on lead vocals. The show was part of former Quiet Riot bassist Chuck Wright’s Ultimate Jam Night series, and was intended to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Roth’s (awesome) first solo album.

Only problem is, apparently entirely too many people thought this would be the perfect way to spend the night before Thanksgiving. As you can tell by reading Sheehan’s Facebook posts, the line outside the venue quickly grew too long to control, with the situation descending into “utter chaos.” Eventually, the Fire Marshall was forced to shut down the show before the band ever got the chance to take the stage.

The worst part? Check out this post, where Sheehan laments the cancellation before revealing, “And did we ever have a surprise for you!”

And look, here’s video of David Lee Roth leaving the venue, telling fans, “It looks like we were too popular.” That’s “we,” not “they.” Is it possible he was going to join his former bandmates for some portion of the show?

While we’re innocently speculating… how about a reunion album and a full world tour? At the very least, can we try this again in a bigger venue?

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The reunion of VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth and the band for his debut solo album, "Eat 'Em And Smile", was canceled at the last minute last night (Wednesday, November 25) by the fire marshal at the Lucky Strike Live in Hollywood. The show would have marked the first time in 30 years that ...

DAVID LEE ROTH's Reunion With His 'Eat 'Em And Smile' Band Canceled At Last Minute By Fire Marshal

The reunion of VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth and the band for his debut solo album, "Eat 'Em And Smile", was canceled at the last minute last night (Wednesday, November 25) by the fire marshal at the Lucky Strike Live in Hollywood. The show would have marked the first time in 30 years that Roth joined guitar hero Steve Vai, bass legend Billy Sheehan (THE WINERY DOGS, MR. BIG), drummer Greg Bissonette (RINGO STARR & HIS ALL-STARR BAND), and keyboardist Brett Tuggle to perform some of the hits from the classic LP. Also scheduled to join the band on stage was STEEL PANTHER vocalist Ralph Saenz (a.k.a. Michael Starr).

Video footage of a disappointed Roth leaving the venue after the cancelation can be seen below (courtesy of California Rock News). The singer, whose appearance last night was not officially announced prior to the gig, can be heard telling the bystanders: "I apologize about this evening. It looks like we were too popular." He added that he and his "Eat 'Em And Smile" bandmates would try to find another venue to stage the reunion. "Should we go to the Hollywood Palladium, maybe?" he can be heard asking the fans.

Sheehan later wrote on his Facebook page: "Well well well. The fire department shut down the whole show before we got on stage. And did we ever have a surprise for you! Such is life." He added: "Place was so crowded and the line continued down to Hollywood Blvd all night. Just too many people."

Vai explained to the Examiner.com that he didn't expect the band to come together when they first hooked up over thirty years ago. He said: "Dave got the best musicians he could, who he thought was the best. And I thought it was a hell of a band… It was one of my favorite times in my whole musical career, because we were rock stars, you know? And touring with somebody like Dave, you can't even imagine what it was like. It was just glorious, man. And I knew it was fleeting, and I knew it was something that I wasn't going to be doing my whole life, because my brand of music in my own head is very different."

"Eat 'Em And Smile" was the first of two Roth albums to feature the duo of Vai and Sheehan on guitar and bass. Throughout the LP, the two would often sync complicated bass lines together with the lead guitar parts, as on tracks such as "Shyboy" and "Elephant Gun".

Now in its 44th week, Ultimate Jam Night is a free weekly show held each Wednesday at Lucky Strike Live, located at the Hollywood/Highland center. Founded by Chuck Wright of QUIET RIOT, the show features up to 60 world-class musicians rotating in and out of various musical numbers.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

IF they put together another show in a larger venue, this one getting pulled was the best thing that could have happened. If I was Dave I'd be on the phone with the other guys, nail down a date for the next couple weeks, schedule a venue and then hit the radio shows and start hyping the living shit out of it. Just short interviews, stick to hyping the show and answer one or two VH questions then shut that noise down and circle back around to the reunion show. If he did that it would almost guarantee an even bigger turnout.

Come on, Dave. Give us a break...
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I'm not one to say "I told you so"...

I have said it before, I'll say it again, for those that are still delusional.

Ticket sales for this past tour were pathetic. Yes, a few of the major cities sold ok, but this tour was heavily papered. That's a fact. I was also told well before the tour was over, that Ed could not wait for the tour to end. If you can't figure out why, you need your fucking head examined.

I have not heard anything about Clichegar getting back into VH, but I believe that will be the next step for them. I have no idea how they'll pull it off in regards to Mike. Will Clichegar sell out his buddy? Or will Mike come back too, and will Wolf play keyboards? Seems odd to me that the same day Clichegar plays "Right Now" at some football game, that Wolf tweets himself out, playing the same song. Did you, I, or anybody else expect Wolf to completely ignore that era of his Dad's work? Especially after making a ton of money off the Roth era stuff? Come on. The Roth era tours are played out. Now it's time for Wolf to reach into Van Hagar fans pockets. I don't blame him. He knows they'll pay for at least one or two tours, just like we did the Roth tours. Easy money.

As for Dave. I wouldn't mind seeing a tour of clubs with the EEAS band. They couldn't sell out large venues for a whole tour, but I bet they'd kick ass on a tour of bigger clubs or theater type venues. Of course, that would be even more nostalgia, and I'd just as soon have Dave release the John 5 disc. I really think at this point, the John 5 disc is the most likely. As most of you know from my other thread, I've spoken directly to John 5 about this disc, twice. First in 2013, then earlier this year. Both times he told me the disc couldn't be released because Dave was in Van Halen. Well, it seems that just might not be the case anymore. I sure hope this disc sees the light of day, soon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Am cuntfused ... I thought we didn't like Dave . Lazy, can't sing , hates the fans. We like him now ....

Just so I know
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      Am cuntfused ... I thought we didn't like Dave . Lazy, can't sing , hates the fans. We like him now ....

Just so I know
                      It's easy to be cuntfused with Dave/VH.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                        I'm not one to say "I told you so"...

I have said it before, I'll say it again, for those that are still delusional.

Ticket sales for this past tour were pathetic. Yes, a few of the major cities sold ok, but this tour was heavily papered. That's a fact. I was also told well before the tour was over, that Ed could not wait for the tour to end. If you can't figure out why, you need your fucking head examined.

I have not heard anything about Clichegar getting back into VH, but I believe that will be the next step for them. I have no idea how they'll pull it off in regards to Mike. Will Clichegar sell out his buddy? Or will Mike come back too, and will Wolf play keyboards? Seems odd to me that the same day Clichegar plays "Right Now" at some football game, that Wolf tweets himself out, playing the same song. Did you, I, or anybody else expect Wolf to completely ignore that era of his Dad's work? Especially after making a ton of money off the Roth era stuff? Come on. The Roth era tours are played out. Now it's time for Wolf to reach into Van Hagar fans pockets. I don't blame him. He knows they'll pay for at least one or two tours, just like we did the Roth tours. Easy money.

As for Dave. I wouldn't mind seeing a tour of clubs with the EEAS band. They couldn't sell out large venues for a whole tour, but I bet they'd kick ass on a tour of bigger clubs or theater type venues. Of course, that would be even more nostalgia, and I'd just as soon have Dave release the John 5 disc. I really think at this point, the John 5 disc is the most likely. As most of you know from my other thread, I've spoken directly to John 5 about this disc, twice. First in 2013, then earlier this year. Both times he told me the disc couldn't be released because Dave was in Van Halen. Well, it seems that just might not be the case anymore. I sure hope this disc sees the light of day, soon.
                        You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that show was heavily papered.

I was accused of making up the term "papered" over at the Links. Sorry, but when every show there are thousands of last minute tweets saying "I'm going to VH...Woo-hoo...who are they?" It's pretty fucking obvious what's going on...
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          I inherited this one. It's so old it runs on steam.
                          My neice paid over 2 grand for one with a shitload of attachments. The vaccuum itself worked great but some of the attachments like the carpet cleaning one weren't worth a damn.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• vaijuju
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2008

Greg Bissonnette and John5
                            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

It sucks the show got cancelled but if it was allowed to go on with that many people in that small of an area and something happened a lot of people could be seriously injured or end up dead even. Don't blame the guy that snitched them out, blame whoever was in charge of making sure only a certain amount of people were let in.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Now THIS is painful. Clips from John 5's set, in great quality. And then the show gets canceled!

There's more here http://californiarocknews.com/2015/1...et-1-11252015/

Comment

Working...