There has been a lot of discussions about illegal immigrants lately. I could post 1000 links to reports that say illegals are good for the economy and 1000 that say they're bad for the economy so I won't bother posting any of them. Most of the posts that say illegal immigrants are good for the economy make the same point. They keep labor costs down and if they were all deported tommorow prices of everything would rise. The point about labor costs rising might be true but if it is why do the same people who believe this also believe the minimum wage should be damn near double what it is now? Won't that make labor costs rise as well? Won't that make prices of everything rise too? How can one person be in favor of illegal immigrants because they keep labor costs down and want employers to pay more for labor at the same time? That's makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Another point they make is they only take unskilled labor jobs. That's no big deal unless you're one of the millions of legal residents who also work unskilled labor jobs. How many people who are homeless now would still be working if there were no illegal immigrants here? Sure some of them are alkies, drug addicts, mentally ill, or plain old too lazy to work but not all of them are.
Another point is they work jobs legal residents wouldn't. Fair enough. But there are legal ways to bring in immigrants to do those types of jobs too.
I think anyone who is pro illegal immigrant should take a trip to So Cal and ask themselves if the legal residents there are better or worse off because of the millions of illegals living there now. I'd be willing to bet most of them (the honest ones anyway) would say no.