X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
    MLB has much bigger fish to fry than dealing with Pete Rose's ancient shenanigans. Things such as falling attendances, being surpassed by the NFL and the NBA in terms of tv revenues from the broadcast rights...systemic issues in terms of profit margins that won't be altered one iota by reinstating or keeping Rose shut out.

There's no upside to lifting the ban on Rose for anybody except Rose, so why bother?
    Yet pitchers are getting long term guaranteed deals for over $100 million. Cueto signed a 6 year $130 million dollar deal that he can opt out of for more money in 2 years. If he gets injured any time during this deal, and never plays again, he'll still get all $130 million.

They are also saying in a couple of years when Bryce Harper is 26 and his current deal expires, he will be getting $500 million plus. Fucking crazy.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Phil theStalker

I know a current MLB owner who let his children masturbate in front of him. True. It may come public someday who he is, but not from me. A kid of his told my best friend. I know the kid, too. He's my friend. But he never told me that shit. He's a grown adult now. Deal with it. I do. And so do his kids who've never turned him in. Sick? You decide and let me know.
      I have a feeling I know who you mean...
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...