X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

The 5150III Lunchbox

Replacing a 100w Carbon Fiber Marshall solidstate but keeping the cab then later replace that with a 1969. It should pair nicely with my 5150 Kramer knockoff w/Frankenstein. I don't need to be arena loud. Made by Fender I see? A splash of Delay, Wah, and Flanger to go along with it. Find a noisegate maybe then let my fingers do the rest grunge style...

Anyone have one yet?
    Last edited by Eyes of the Night; 12-15-2015, 11:35 PM.
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I love those little 15 watt tube jobs. I run mine through a Marshall 1x12 using a Weber attenuator. Sounds pretty good.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Yeah put the typical EVH effects like a flanger and phaser on the front and maybe a bit of delay and you can get a pretty good classic VH sound going.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Upload some riffage brah! I wants to hear...

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

There are a few short demos on youtube..
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Yeah, gonna get me a lunchbox fo' shizzle... dude was on the clean channel the whole time ahaha

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I guess that's the only drawback - there's no clean channel.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

I don't remember the last time I played clean...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Well here's my take on it Eyes. If you want to save some money and have a clean channel get the Peavey mini 6505. You can gat the same sounds for $200 less. Have a clean channel and a USB interface and a few other things. If you want more simplicity get the EVH Lunch Box. Both great amps. The thing is the crunch channel on the EVH is more like an old Marshall where if you turn down your volume on the guitar the tone cleans up or you just turn the gain on the amp down. You can get a clean sound. In the old days Ed would just roll his volume pot down to clean up his sound. I would be happy with both amps.

I have found these little amps sound better through smaller cabs. A Marshall 1x12 sounds great. A 2x12 will work too. 4x12's seem to be too bassy. You lose some of the drive.

For just playing around the house they are great. You can open em up more than the bigger amps. Plenty loud.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-19-2015, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I considered a 5150 III, 1x12 but couldn't justify spending that much for an amp just to beat around the house. Tried the lunchbox and the 6505, but ended up with the Marshall DSL15h. Plenty loud, keeps up with the keys and drum tracks pumped through the Mackie Thump 15's. Probably going to build a couple small cabs, I built a 1x10 with an Eminence RedCoat in it when I got my Epi Valve Jr. but may make a 1x12 with a Celestion next.

Speaking of Marshall...I got my friend's kid a teeny little Marshall MG10CF for Christmas. Pretty good tone for a little solid state 10 watter with a six inch speaker. And only $60!
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...