Does the "Eat 'Em and Smile" Reunion talk say anything about the future of Van Halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
    Wanta bet?
    you still owe me from the last bet. i've never gone to a show fraudline hagar was at.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      you still owe me from the last bet. i've never gone to a show fraudline hagar was at.
      No, I don't. I withdrew from the bet in a timely manner AND I was way ahead when I did it.

It was all kosher & you know that.

You will see them this time, though. I know you will.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        Come on Ford, we can't deny the world more of this:

Hahahaha! Oh geez that's hilarious. Those two guys were so in love I bet they jerked each other off the second they got off stage.
        Bend Over Aid. "Ed! How would you like to fuck me up the ass? Uh huh Ahumina Ahumina."
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Bend Over Aid. "Ed! How would you like to fuck me up the ass? Uh huh Ahumina Ahumina."
          There's nothing hotter than new love and Ed and Sammwere joined at the ball sack back in those days. I bet they even have matching tattoos. On their Bawllz. Probably one of those Best Friends broken hearts that when you stick em together it makes one complete heart.

Ed looked halfway sober in that clip. They must have went on at like 1 in the afternoon.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
            You forget how pissed the sisters were at Hagar after he quit/got fired back in 96 yet they rehired him in 2004 for a tour. If Sammy decides to do it he'll find a way to talk Mikey into it it to just so he'll have someone to hang out with on the road.
            Talking Mikey into it isn't the issue. From everything I've read, all the animosity is one sided, and it's coming from Howdy Doody Mountain. Mikey would have gladly been on board in 2007, 2012, and 2015 if he had been asked. Problem is, they didn't ask him.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That Van Hagar Zep cover served one usual purpose at least.....

The version Zeppelin themselves performed at Live Aid 2 months earlier doesn't sound quite as awful after that.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Talking Mikey into it isn't the issue. From everything I've read, all the animosity is one sided, and it's coming from Howdy Doody Mountain. Mikey would have gladly been on board in 2007, 2012, and 2015 if he had been asked. Problem is, they didn't ask him.
                I wonder if Ed calls Al up when he's drunk and bitches at him for never writing any songs. The truth of that whole deal is most likely Ed's angry drunken ego couldn't handle anybody else writing any songs for him to play.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

There's nothing hotter than new love and Ed and Sammwere joined at the ball sack back in those days. I bet they even have matching tattoos. On their Bawllz. Probably one of those Best Friends broken hearts that when you stick em together it makes one complete heart.

Ed looked halfway sober in that clip. They must have went on at like 1 in the afternoon.
                  The whole Sammy in the band 5150 thing was gay as hell. Gayer than David Lee Roth wearing spandex and leg warmers.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I wonder if Ed calls Al up when he's drunk and bitches at him for never writing any songs. The truth of that whole deal is most likely Ed's angry drunken ego couldn't handle anybody else writing any songs for him to play.
                    I forgot who it was. Some guy that produced some of VH's stuff. The guy from Foreigner I believe. He said Ed and Al would have some full on fights. Especially when their dad was over.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The whole Sammy in the band 5150 thing was gay as hell. Gayer than David Lee Roth wearing spandex and leg warmers.
                      5150 was 5150 before Clichegar joined the band. 1984 was recorded there.

I believe this is what will be next for VH. I believe they know they've pretty much tapped out Dave or the graver's with the nostalgia tours, and now it's time to dip into Van Hagar fans pockets. It's easy money for them. I believe Spammy will totally pimp Mike, or they'll figure out a way to have both Wolf and Mike in the band. No way this happens without Wolf.

As far as the EEAS thing, they publicly stated they will try to reschedule. If they can make it work, I believe they'll do it. I don't know about the 12 shows rumor, but I bet they try hard to do one in L.A. I'm thinking Vai hasn't heard any of the recent VH performances, or the abortion of a live album, or he'd have just left it as planned, and had Ralph on vocals.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I was referring to 5150 the 1st Van Hagar album not 5150 the recording studio. I remember buying the tape and tossing it into the tape player in my truck and hearing. Hellooooooo Baybeeeee! and going oh shit. This is so gay and then the lyrics were grade school level.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Just watched a recent interview with Mike and he said he's done with VH. Now I'm sure a certain amount of money can change that but a Sammy reunion isn't as big as a Roth reunion. Yeah the Sammy people will come but those people are probably just as happy with The Circle or whatever the hell they call themselves now.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            5150 was 5150 before Clichegar joined the band. 1984 was recorded there.

I believe this is what will be next for VH. I believe they know they've pretty much tapped out Dave or the graver's with the nostalgia tours, and now it's time to dip into Van Hagar fans pockets. It's easy money for them. I believe Spammy will totally pimp Mike, or they'll figure out a way to have both Wolf and Mike in the band. No way this happens without Wolf.

As far as the EEAS thing, they publicly stated they will try to reschedule. If they can make it work, I believe they'll do it. I don't know about the 12 shows rumor, but I bet they try hard to do one in L.A. I'm thinking Vai hasn't heard any of the recent VH performances, or the abortion of a live album, or he'd have just left it as planned, and had Ralph on vocals.
                            If Dave hasn't been seriously working on his vocals then I'd rather have Ralph up there. But seein as how Dave wanted to ride around the block and get warmed up before the show, it doesn't seem like he has been.

IF they do manage to pull off a show I hope like hell they professionally shoot it and slap it on the ol interwebz.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The "Can't be in two bands™" crap isn't in play any more... Dave's made a couple of guest appearances with other bands in recent years and it doesn't appear Ed's gotten all butt hurt™ over it.

After they crossed the 60 milestone I honestly don't think it matters at all...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Gayer than David Lee Roth wearing spandex and leg warmers.
                                That's pretty gay.

Comment

Working...