Thread: SPOILERS!!! Star Wars Ep 7

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2020 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

SPOILERS!!! Star Wars VII

Type enough shit to fill a couple sentences so spoilers don't show up in the feed bar on the forum page, hit the space bar a couple of times, and have at it.

Mark Hamill. Top Gun Actor!!! I have issues with the Sith in training being portrayed as a Gen X Ritalin popper with Daddy issues...

Chuckled when Solo fired Chewie's crossbow at Maz's castle.
    Last edited by Whorehey; 12-19-2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: making sure no one sees it on the Forum page.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

NASCAR sucks! I'm so sick of the damn rules changes and the goddamn out west and yankee tracks. They need to bring the shit back South and leave it here.

Ok, enough bullshit to keep the side bar clean.

Holy motherfucking shit they killed Han Solo!!!

I didn't have a problem with Kylo Ren being a violent pissed off young person. How many times have you almost lost your mind and looked around and thought "I'm gonna break some shit" and then you don't because you're not a nut case. This guy doesn't have the same social safety valve we have. He's not spoiled - he's unhinged. It's like Elvis shooting up his Pantera cause it wouldn't start: When you're divorced from reality you do shit like that.

Now, I've read so many spoiler reviews online today that I literally have a headache. And the main thing I keep seeing is there's not enough Luke in the picture. I watched the damn thing and didn't think about when Luke would show up until Rey and Chewie split at the end. Then I started wondering if he was even gonna be in it. I think the ending was perfect because we got to see that Luke was still alive and it set up the next picture. That was good enough for me.

Oddly enough and as much as I love 3PO and R2, I didn't care that they're not in the picture much. I literally jumped in my seat when 3PO showed up but I was totally fine with him not being in the show much.

And I guess that's where this film really shines - you don't need to be some sort of super fan to get it. The film stands on its own. Sure it's nice to see R2 and 3PO, but if you didn't know who Han and Chewie and the rest were, you could still enjoy the movie.

Still, Han dies in this one. And as much as I know Harrison always felt Han should have been killed off...holy hell did it suck seeing him die. I want to go see it again in the theater but man that was hard to watch.

Anyway, awesome movie and no midichlorians or any of that bullshit. No JJB, no giant fish, and no stupid meandering story that only gets good right before the credits roll. I like how it ended and can't wait for the next one. It was worth the wait to finally see another real Star Wars movie after all these decades.
    Last edited by DONNIEP; 12-20-2015 at 12:41 AM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

Content added to hide the spoiler below. The one time I checked the sidebar. - twona

Han Solo dies???

Shit, that IS a major spoiler, maybe I shouldn't've clicked on this thread after all.

Oh well, what are you gonna do, right?

I don't think I'd watch the movie anyway, I only vaguely remember the original trilogy.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    I knew this flick was going to be ghay. Yes, "ghay" which means way beyond the realm of ghey.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

ooops
    Last edited by vandeleur; 12-20-2015 at 04:36 AM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

Side bar? I forgot about the side bar. I never use the side bar. Fuck the side bar!

We stopped at Quaker Steak after the movie and immediately started picking it apart. Not in a bad way though. About to get super geeky up in here, and beyond spoilers into questions and speculation about the next movies.

I may have said in the original SW thread that there was a reason Harrison Ford was happy to do all the promotion. I fucked up and read a spoiler back in June, so his outcome was not that big of a surprise. There was an audible gasp in the theater when he got speared. Kid or not, of all the times not to shoot first...

I've been reading a lot of complaints about Finn and Rey holding their own against Ren. We see Ren destroy things after something doesn't go his way. Much like Yoda claimed Luke was too angry and couldn't be trained. Then Snoke says that Ren must complete his training. So if he truly is conflicted by the light (which I wasn't really convinced of when Solo was in front of him) it makes sense that he could get rattled. Plus he couldn't mind trick Rey into giving up the info.

Han and Leia named their son Ben. Someone asked why, as Leia never met Kenobi (at least at an age she would have remembered him) and Solo didn't like him.

Max Von Sydow's character said he remembered Leia as royalty. So who the hell is he? He's not mentioned in any of the new books I've read so far.

Is Rey a Skywalker? Was she part of the Jedi training that Ren supposedly disrupted and caused Luke to disappear? And was she moved to Jakku to hide her from someone? AND...who the baby momma? Please, no more midichlorians.

Is Finn Force sensitive or was he just good with a lightsaber?

I like the way the old characters were slowly revealed. We didn't roll up on all six of them playing Parcheesi together or something.

I had forgotten about 3PO being annoying until he pops up between Han and Leia. That was perfect.

Fisher sounds like she knows where all the cigarette machines on the base are.

Oscar Issac was pretty good too. This trilogy's young hotshot pilot. He's going to play Apocalypse in the next X-Men.

After the big deal they made about Snoke having to be CGI, he was kind of a let down. Looked like just another Sirkis character, and I only know that from pics because I won't watch LOTR. I have a feeling he will end up being a tiny little thing, kind of like the Wizard pulling levers behind a mirror and a curtain. I've also read speculation that he is Darth Plageius reincarnated.

Adam Driver, sans helmet, a couple times looked like his parents told him he couldn't take the car out for the night. ("Dad, can I borrow the keys to the Falcon?") He's getting a lot of great reviews but so far I'm not seeing it.

Will Ren turn to the light, or Rey to the dark side?

At the London premiere, Kathleen Kennedy said everyone on the stage would be back for the next movie. That included Ford, Lupita Nyongo, Domhnall Gleeson, and I think Max Von Sydow was there too. So the next movie is full of flashbacks? Two of those actor's characters are dead. The presumption always is that the villains get away, so Hux, Phasma, and Ren likely got off the planet.

Phasma didn't seem that bad assed to me. She was compared to Boba Fett.

Starkiller base...ANOTHER trench? Don't these fucking Imperials ever learn? Hopefully they won't say that the star the planet became after the weapon was destroyed was renamed after Han Solo.

Geek rant over!

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Anyway, awesome movie and no midichlorians or any of that bullshit. No JJB, no giant fish, and no stupid meandering story that only gets good right before the credits roll. I like how it ended and can't wait for the next one. It was worth the wait to finally see another real Star Wars movie after all these decades.
    No giant fish, but those creatures in Solo's freighter. If I go see it again that'll be the piss break segment.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Side bar? I forgot about the side bar. I never use the side bar. Fuck the side bar!

I had forgotten about 3PO being annoying until he pops up between Han and Leia. That was perfect.
    I had forgotten that I find all droids annoying as hell.

The worst bit is when they all start babbling at each other, reminds me of last Xmas when the kids had 6 Furbies in a room at once...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Awesome points Twona. Now how many sentences do I need to type in here before I fill up the damn side bar? Apparently that many.

Yeah, I don't know if anybody else in the theater gasped when Ren stabbed Han, I literally jumped out of my seat when it happened. Not just jumped like in a scary movie - jumped up out of the fucker. Now I love movies but I never react like that to anything. I guess it was almost like seeing a real person get murdered. Anyway, it was a powerful scene.

I read a lot of info on the web about the movie before it came out so if heard the rumor that Han dies, but I think that wasn't so much a leak as it was what Harrison had said he'd wanted for 30 years. Still, I knew when he walked out on that catwalk that he wasn't coming back. And man it must have really pissed off some of the people in the theater with me because during the fight between Ren and Rey I wasn't the only one saying Kill Him!! out loud. One woman behind me practically shouted "Give in and finish him!!" And that's what I wanted too - I wanted her to beat him down and completely destroy Ren.

Now, as far as Ren being conflicted - I do hope he's got that out of his system. The last thing I want to see is that fucker come to the light side. I want him to stay evil and die evil. Or better yet, the dude doesn't die, this new empire does take over and the Resistance is almost wiped out.

Anyway, I'm ready for the Han Solo movie. And there's only one guy to play Han: Anthony Ingruber. I had never even heard of the guy before but my daughter and I went to see The Age of Adeline (great movie by the way) and there's a part in the movie where we see Harrison Ford's character as a young guy and I was blown away at how good the guy was playing him. I said at the time he should be tapped to play Solo and to reboot the Indy franchise (not actually reboot, just make more movies as though he IS Indy). So yesterday I was thinking about that again and googled the dude and holy shit his Solo impersonation is uncanny. Disney needs to call off the casting calls and hire this dude right now.
    Last edited by DONNIEP; 12-20-2015 at 07:40 AM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not all were my points. Some things I had read in a spoiler discussion on i09, and the spoiler forum on Star Wars News Net. Then the stuff my friends and I have talked about.

Maybe Rey became aware of her Force abilities too quickly. Wasn't any quicker than Anakin turning in ROTS. That's another parallel to Ren, he might not be all the way there in TFA, similar to the glimpse of dark side Anakin in AOTC.

Ren is a member of the Knights of Ren, is there another knight who will become stronger in the Force? So many ways the next two movies can go.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I tried to stay away from the big spoilers on the interwebz before seeing the movie. I didn't really want to know what was gonna happen and what the story was. The one thing I'm glad we didn't see was the opening narrative roll up and then see Luke's severed hand and lightsaber flying through space, lol. That was one of the main stories that circulated and I was really hoping it wouldn't happen and I'm glad it didn't.

I do wonder why everybody sees Luke as some kind of savior who can help defeat the First Order. Sure he's a Jedi and all that, but he's just one dude. And an old one at that. Do they think he can defeat Kylo Ren? And if so, why does that matter? Ren is depicted as being no more important than the First Order's military leaders. It ain't like he is calling the shots here. And even IF Luke kills him and Snoke, so what? The First Order is building giant bases and Star Destroyers and shit like that - it's got to be HUGE, not just a handful or a couple thousand wannabe nazis running around causing havoc. It's obvious now that the Empire, even though defeated, was big enough to regroup and they obviously have a shit ton of support in the star systems or they wouldn't have grown as much as they apparently have since ROTJ.

I don't think Finn is force sensitive. He got his ass handed to him pretty quickly by Ren. I think he was just good with the lightsaber because he'd been trained in hand to hand combat and that might have even included fencing, who knows.

I don't think Rey is a Skywalker. At least I hope not. I think she's just what she appears to be - some chick who got abandoned on Jakku and just kinda lucked into being in the middle of this. Obviously the Force is very strong in her, but I think that's just the luck of the draw. Because I don't want her to be related to Luke and I sure as hell don't want to hear her midichlorian count is through the roof. I don't even know if I want Luke to train her. I really don't want to sit through a reshoot of Luke's training with Yoda. I don't need to see her standing on her head and making rocks float around. And I sure as shit don't want to see Luke strapped to her back while she runs around that Irish island and cuts flips and shit. And speaking of that island, they would have had to chopper me in to that place and back off it. There ain't no way in hell I'm walking up the side of that fucker. If you cut a really big fart you'd probably fall off those steps! Anyway, I'm thinking the time of the Jedi is long gone and there's really no bringing them back and I'm thinking Luke gets that. What's the point in training one chick? Jedi aren't invincible and there's only so much they can do and honestly she's just one person - there's only so many blaster bolts she can deflect before she's chopped to shit.

I don't even think I want to see the Resistance win the battle. This is gonna be drawn out over the next four years and I don't think wrapping up the last one with the Resistance winning again is a very satisfying outcome. I wanna see them get stomped to shit in the next movie and maybe not be able to overcome the First Order. At least not in the next two films. Mainly because I want this shit drawn out until the end of time, lol.

One thing I did like about this one is it showed Stormtroopers having big ass holes blown in their armor. In the originals it was like anybody could pull the trigger on one of them and you'd see almost no damage and boom he's dead. I mean those fuckers died easier than a red shirt on Star Trek. In this one you see them getting knocked the hell out of by modified blasters like Han's and Chewie's. And the Stormtroopers are more ruthless in this one (please, forget the prequels). Those fuckers don't have any problem killing an entire village just for the hell of it. "Kill them all" well hell yeah man, no problemo. Lemme break out this flame thrower I bought off Donnie and set this fucker on fire!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ol' Rip Von Winkel is gonna have a stroke when he sees this thread

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A couple of thoughts , before I saw the movie I had a whole the girl and even might be twins seoerated at birth you know the whole twins run in the family like leia and Luke and the hid the girl away on a desert planet. But that looks like a nine starter now.
    And the storm troopers, the shite cartoony prequels indicated that they were all clones of but I think that's gone by the wayside.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    A couple of thoughts , before I saw the movie I had a whole the girl and even might be twins seoerated at birth you know the whole twins run in the family like leia and Luke and the hid the girl away on a desert planet. But that looks like a nine starter now.
    And the storm troopers, the shite cartoony prequels indicated that they were all clones of but I think that's gone by the wayside.
    Yep, the Stormtroopers are no longer clones. The prevailing theory is that since they were genetically modified to have accelerated aging that they would have died off not long after ROTJ. So the remnants of the Empire took to "recruiting" by kidnapping kids and then forcing them into service. Which is kinda smart actually, most of the Stormtroopers would have been so small as to not have a real sense of individuality left in them by the time they're old enough for active duty. Plus they'd have no allegiance to anything but the First Order and no ties to any home planets or families. In other words you'd have the perfect fighting army. Plus, if you could beat most of the conscience out of them then they'd have no problem carrying out horrific orders. Which is what you have to have if you're gonna rule a country or a galaxy or several galaxies. There's really no other way to do it, it's how the British kept their empire in check and it works - you gots to be ruthless.

Ok, back on point - the First Order wouldn't have to only kidnap kids or enact a draft to build their military. They would have people literally beating down the doors of their bases to join. Don't believe me? Think about it - where did Luke want to go back in IV? He wasn't begging to run off to join the Rebel Academy - he was going to join the Imperial Naval Academy. He was pouting because his uncle wouldn't let him go. That fucker was going to be an Imperial pilot until Ben came along and convinced him to become a Jedi. And all that goes back to my question in the other thread - just how bad was the Empire?? If you had Luke wanting to join and his friends had already joined up (yes, some of the people did join to get training and then defected to join the rebels but obviously not many) then how damn bad could it be? Sure, we know that they killed off all the Jedi and took power with the barrel of a gun. But that's the ONLY way to take power anywhere, here on earth or on another planet or in another system.

So I don't think the First Order would be reduced to kidnapping kids to rebuild their military. Maybe in the short term at the beginning. But I think they'd have people from all over trying to join. Hell, I'd want to join up! You get to fly around on big ass ships, then you get to go to planets and blow shit up real good! And you get a kick ass set of Stormtrooper armor and that shit costs like 1500 bucks if you want to buy a really good set.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Supposedly the clones had been replaced by Imperial recruits a few years before Ep 4. Some of the newer books touch on youngsters signing up for Imperial service.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Did you guys pick up on this? I heard Guiness.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/20...-force-awakens

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Supposedly the clones had been replaced by Imperial recruits a few years before Ep 4. Some of the newer books touch on youngsters signing up for Imperial service.
    Aha! See, I was right! I haven't even read the books but I knew it! I'm starting to believe the Empire wasn't nearly as bad as the Rebels made out. Sure, they blew the shit out of Luke's family, but they kinda did own the droid that had the missing plans. I see that as more of an extreme form of fireboarding than actual murder though. Although the result is the same, lol.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Did you guys pick up on this? I heard Guiness.

I read that on Twitter , seemingly Simon pegg is in a droid and Daniel Craig is a stormtrooper... Guess they need the work lol

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I was just on Wookiepedia's clone trooper entry. Clones were phased out four years before Battle of Yavin. The accelerated growth thing caused their skills to diminish early.

I read that on Twitter , seemingly Simon pegg is in a droid and Daniel Craig is a stormtrooper... Guess they need the work lol
    Pegg was the scrap dealer on Jakku. Craig was the stormtrooper that Rey gets to let her loose.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The big fella ... Really now I have to go see it again

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There was a behind the scene pic of Pegg in costume, minus the mask.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There was a behind the scene pic of Pegg in costume, minus the mask.
    Yep, and he's the one who let the cat out of the bag as far as Craig playing a Stormtrooper. Which Craig immediately shot down in his typically pissed off way, lol. Seems that maybe he's fucking with people when he comes across as so angry in interviews...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Holy shit, Battlefront takes forever to install. I probably should have put a bigger hard drive in this PS4 BEFORE I put games on it.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Am trying to persuade the bairn he needs it for our ps4

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

To be fair, I was also downloading two of the vintage games that the bundle came with. Played a little Super Star Wars so far, and spent 20 minutes shutting off all of the PS4's sharing functions...install sitting at 75%. I won't get to play it until Tuesday. Fuckin' thing been running since noon.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anybody thought about getting the Star Wars 3D Google thing for phones?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The cardboard things? Nah. Not doing the collecting thing any more, and I'm not going to willingly go into a Verizon store and have to sit there while some dork tries to sell me another phone I won't use.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The cardboard things? Nah. Not doing the collecting thing any more, and I'm not going to willingly go into a Verizon store and have to sit there while some dork tries to sell me another phone I won't use.
    No, you don't have to buy any specific one. Go download the Star Wars app on whatever phone you have. Then click on Jakku Spy. You then click on these messages and you are there in VR. It works even without a 3D VR headset, it's just not in immersive 3D. In at least one message thing you're literally inside the Falcon. I'm ordering me a 3D headset tonite. You can get them for a couple bucks. Go look at the app.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Holy shit.

VON! A little help here!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Moreno View Post
    Holy shit.

VON! A little help here!
    Dude - it's 3D and you're inside the Millennium Falcon. And if you have a 3D headset for your phone you can do all sorts of shit. I think you can even take a tour of Thailand's Best Trannie Houses

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

... Go on...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No way is ima/izzy gonna pull a vonzie and slag off Star Wars .
    Since you changed your name you are a changed man

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Little explanation about R2's state

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No way is ima/izzy gonna pull a vonzie and slag off Star Wars .
    Since you changed your name you are a changed man
    What are you talking about, I never cared much for Star Wars.

I've seen what that stuff does to people.

Look, it even turned Donnie "Cocaine" Pee Pee into a Turbo Nerd!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Moreno View Post
    What are you talking about, I never cared much for Star Wars.

I've seen what that stuff does to people.

Look, it even turned Donnie "Cocaine" Pee Pee into a Turbo Nerd!
    You have changed , donniep agrees with me

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Vandy - Izzy never was a big Star Wars fan. I don't even know if he knows the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek lol. It ain't his bag.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

oh , ok many apologies ima.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Plus I was just saying my usual stupid shite

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

oh , ok many apologies ima.
    Now go download the Star Wars app and go look at the inside of the Millennium Falcon so we can get our nerd on!!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've only got a 5s... It's January for the new phone.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I was talking to the little un before I came to work and we're talking of going to the local imax to see Star Wars there.

Thread Information