If you thought Van Hagar sounded like Air Supply, listen to Spam's FIRST band!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If you thought Van Hagar sounded like Air Supply, listen to Spam's FIRST band!

If this is the kind of crap he was singing, I'm shocked that Montrose ever hired him.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Holy crap that's awful! It's almost as bad as How Many Say I Suck!
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Usually the early work of some musicians like Bob Seger sound freakin' awesome. This is quite the opposite!

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

The backing band was called The Peppermint Trolley - bwahahahahahahahaha!!! I know it was the late 60s and all but that's the single gayest band name ever. I mean, it sounds like the name of the lead float in a Gay Pride Parade if gay pride parades went super gay!

"We're broadcasting live today at the Big Gay Parade and here comes the first float now, The Peppermint Trolley. Apparently this float is so gay no one would ride on it. And yes, those are cannons on the float shooting what appears to be a mixture of marshmallow cream and glitter into the crowds lining the street. Hold on, there appears to be some sort of commotion going on...And now The Village People are storming the float and ripping it to shreds. We haven't seen a reaction to a float like this since the launch of the Disco Dong float way back in 1979...."

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
            Usually the early work of some musicians like Bob Seger sound freakin' awesome. This is quite the opposite!
            Early Seger sounded like the white James Brown!

Pretty much the polar opposite of what Spam was doing
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              The backing band was called The Peppermint Trolley - bwahahahahahahahaha!!! I know it was the late 60s and all but that's the single gayest band name ever. I mean, it sounds like the name of the lead float in a Gay Pride Parade if gay pride parades went super gay!

"We're broadcasting live today at the Big Gay Parade and here comes the first float now, The Peppermint Trolley. Apparently this float is so gay no one would ride on it. And yes, those are cannons on the float shooting what appears to be a mixture of marshmallow cream and glitter into the crowds lining the street. Hold on, there appears to be some sort of commotion going on...And now The Village People are storming the float and ripping it to shreds. We haven't seen a reaction to a float like this since the launch of the Disco Dong float way back in 1979...."

Peppermint Trolley? The guys who did the original fucking Brady Bunch theme song??

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Well, I guess it would be the same band. Apparently they were pretty active back then so I'd guess it's the same guys.

But holy shit whoever wrote the lyrics is a moron. I'm sure Slappy had a hand in it but man those lyrics are worse than that Up For Breakfast song. Ok, maybe not worse than that. Ok I don't think any lyrics are worse than that. But close.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  ...And yes, those are cannons on the float shooting what appears to be a mixture of marshmallow cream and glitter into the crowds lining the street.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    "Why can't we get along?" Sounds like the question he asks EVH...
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD

Comment

Working...