X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It goes on for another month and we have them all I was just waiting to see if people were still listening.

I'll put up more shortly.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

wow like a test
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• eric6143
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jan 2012

thank you for this! Would love to hear the rest if you've got them!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We do have them, thought people had lost interest a bit there...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            Seems like Shoes got on the air too. But it's been so damn long I can't remember.

Man I was so excited when Dave got the gig. I'd sit at my desk in the office and listen on the speakers on my desk. Then one day Dave was screeching I mean singing and one of the chicks asks who is that?? I was embarrassed to tell her but I did. She was shocked, and she had been a big fan back in the day. So from then on I'd reach up for the volume whenever he started singing, lol. If you've ever tried singing early in the morning you know it ain't easy. But Dave is Dave and he didn't let that stop him.

I think he was interviewing Brian May about the tour with that guy who can't sing a Freddie song to save his life. And Dave said he could still hit the high note. I turned the volume down so fast, lol, and I was thinking no, please don't do it. He didn't.

Overall I liked the show. I think it would have helped if he'd had someone in there with some experience. And if it had some sort of format, some structure. The Thanksgiving shows he did were great. And that kind of loose format works for Dave when it's a short run. But it didn't work so well for Dave day after day after day. I thought I was gonna be interested in hearing Dave talk about whatever for months on end. Turns out I just wanted to hear about music biz part of his life - Van Halen stories, stories about his solo years, stories stories stories.
            A weekly one hour show with some music and it would still be on now.

3 hours a day with only voice and very few guests, such an insane idea I almost believe the conspiracy theory on this that it was set up to fail to have a buffer between Stern and the next crew but as with most conspiracies you should never discount it was just stupid.
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-14-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'll say it again...Saturday night "houseparty" show.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                A weekly one hour show with some music and it would still be on now.

3 hours a day with only voice and very few guests, such an insane idea I almost believe the conspiracy theory on this that it was set up to fail to have a buffer between Stern and the next crew but as with most conspiracies you should never discount it was just stupid.
                And I've mentioned before that I asked Brian Young if he felt they were set up to fail and he said "absolutely!"
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP

Did anybody listen to JV and Elvis after the Roth Show? Holy hell those guys were good. And fuckin funny as hell. One day Roth forgot JV's name and referred to them as Elvis and whatshisname and JV almost had a nervous breakdown hahahahaha!!!
                  Was Elvis the Elvis Duran that Clear Channel runs nationwide? Seen commercials, never heard his show.

When Howard Stern was beating up on WMMS' Jeff and Flash morning show he'd refer to them as Flash and Frisbone.

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by eric6143
                    thank you for this! Would love to hear the rest if you've got them!
                    Agreed, wouldn't mind hearing all of them actually.....
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Get started, they're in this forum.

Comment

• David45
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Mar 2019

This radio stuff is so nice.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by David45
                          This radio stuff is so nice.
                          wELComE aBoRED, daViD45!/! I rEMemBA Da rADiO!/! FM I tHiNK iT wAS!//!
                          Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2004

I'm kinda out of touch, are there still new shows of the Roth Show? I think Roth Show was the better gig and better format for DLR, but you have to be Joe Rogan if you want that kind of podcast success.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We never made a point of posting all the Roth Show stuff because it's on his own site.

The official David Lee Roth website. The Roth Show videos, playlists and more.

He hasn't done one for a while.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2004

When one is in such a condition of affluence that all things in life can be 100% arbitrary and on whim, is that regarded as being successful or in a state of unmitigated hell?

Comment

Working...