Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It About The Music Or Not?

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Is It About The Music Or Not?

At first i thought this site was cool, however opinions change the amount of negativity is crazy as well the personal attacks on people

It is about the music and what the misuci means, if we are all true music fans at heart then take a true minute for the music and go visit
    www.redrocker.com and check out the quote that Sammy write and what music means regarless of who you like and dont like...hey the oproof is in the pudding we are all on this site chatting and sharing some great thoughts and musical history

So take a step back and look at things with a broader scope

Vive Van Halen which ever way you like it!

Cheers

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey I agree,I like old and new Van Halen!!!But the fact of the matter is you can't argue with these fucking Roth drone faggots!!!They can't give Sam even an ounce of credit!!Just bash him,,,,,,,,,,,,when their guy is a fucking laughing stock.I can tell you one thing Sam is always welcome here in Vegas still gets the big rooms!!Roht hasn't played the strip since that joke lounge act and now he's trying to come back,but no takers yet,'cuz Roth has no fan base here,he lost them all!!

KID VEGAS......................GOD BLESS

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DAMN STRAIGHT , THEY JUST DONT HAVE THE MENTALITY TO SEE TRU GENIOUS!!

SO SAD

KEEP ON ROCKIN KID VEGAS!!

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    go fuck yourselves van fagar homos. it isnt the links!

if you want a sweet faggot thread go back there! but it obviously is boring there or you wouldnt be here.

we dont agree just to agree! we state the facts. Dave rules and by alot. sales tell the truth!
    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by scubaa
    DAMN STRAIGHT , THEY JUST DONT HAVE THE MENTALITY TO SEE TRU GENIOUS!!

SO SAD

KEEP ON ROCKIN KID VEGAS!!
    YOU AND KID FAGGOT GO MAKE GAY HOMO LOVE AT THE VHLINKS. THIS IS THE DLRARMY AND WE WILL BONE YOUR STINKY MOMS SO BAD YOU WILL SH*T YOUR CAPRI PANTS

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, it is about the music. The first 6 albums are great, and EVERYTHING after has sucked. Eddie just recycles the same old shit. Alex and the bass player play steady, predictable rhythms. And Hagar or Charone - what's the difference? I may as well listen to Steve Perry.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WELL FINALLY A DIFFERENT QUOTE, BUT STILL INCORRECT AS FOR ROTH KILLS SAM .....WRONG ....AND NO IT IS AWESOME OVER THERE WE JUST LIKE TO PISS OF THE EXTREMLY SMALL DLR ARMY COMPARED TO THE MILLIONS OF VH FOLKS AVEC SAMMY SO GOES SCREW YOUR HAMSTER YOU DLR BITCH

YOU KNOW YOU ARE PROBABLY BALD JUST LIKE DLR AND WASHED UP GET A LIFE . ..READ YOUR OWN QUOTES LOSER

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WELL FINALLY A DIFFERENT QUOTE, BUT STILL INCORRECT AS FOR ROTH KILLS SAM .....WRONG ....AND NO IT IS AWESOME OVER THERE WE JUST LIKE TO PISS OF THE EXTREMLY SMALL DLR ARMY COMPARED TO THE MILLIONS OF VH FOLKS AVEC SAMMY SO GOES SCREW YOUR HAMSTER YOU DLR BITCH
    GO JOIN THE MILLIONS OF GAY HOMO FAGS AT THE VHLINKS AND ENJOY YOUR FILTHY GAY HOMO LOVE WITH BRETT NORTON

YOUR MOM IS READY FOR A WALK, SO LET ME GET MY LEASH AND HELP HER OUT, FAGGOT

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey kidvegas...I'm still waiting for that photo.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GENIOUS!!
    you're an idiot.
    LOL

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by pete
    you're an idiot.
    LOL

Sgt. Swindle
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by kidvegas
    Hey I agree,I like old and new Van Halen!!!But the fact of the matter is you can't argue with these fucking Roth drone faggots!!!They can't give Sam even an ounce of credit!!Just bash him,,,,,,,,,,,,when their guy is a fucking laughing stock.
    KID VEGAS......................GOD BLESS
    I especially like the part where he says all we do is bash Sam ( after insulting us by calling us faggots) then bashes Dave. Anybody else sense the hypocracy? What a dick!

You love it!
    Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes it is about the music the first 6 albums are sheer class. But in my opinion Van Hagar sounds like your bog standard 80s band. And as for Cherone he made it so Van Halen became an album for your parents and grandparents, it sits perfectly imbetween Songs of the 60s and The best Love songs ever.
    Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    When you've seen the real deal, the sham Halen concerts just don't live up to it. Shemp Van Halen and his sister Ed have always operated under the notion that ANYBODY could front their band and the fans would still eat it up, hence the Cherone debacle. Many of us who where there in the begining just want one last blast of nastalgia i.e. the Kiss/Eagles/PAGE & PLANT. Anything else is completely anticlimatic.

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    rather be bald than an embarrassing fat singer. I cant believe Ed lets sam represent tham at the mic. the guy is fucking huge and thats just wring to let a fatman front a band.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If it was about music to you - we wouldn't be arguing.

You can't differentiate the shift in VH. 5150 on sux.

Clearly DLR's influence on the music was tremendous.

they've been mediocre since '85.
    They lost their direction.

They replaced DLR without a consulting firm.
    Now they suck.

download their latest concerts to realize: They only way you will ever see Van Halen, played right, is to see the DLR BAND.

What a shame for you.

You really are a VH fan, He can play sloppy guitar solos and fuck up songs and you will still praise him.

so let me ask you

Is it about music?

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by pkolb
    Yes, it is about the music. The first 6 albums are great, and EVERYTHING after has sucked. Eddie just recycles the same old shit. Alex and the bass player play steady, predictable rhythms. And Hagar or Charone - what's the difference? I may as well listen to Steve Perry.
    Steve Perry is 100 times the singer that Roth is.....dont even go there.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Matt White
    When you've seen the real deal, the sham Halen concerts just don't live up to it. Shemp Van Halen and his sister Ed have always operated under the notion that ANYBODY could front their band and the fans would still eat it up, hence the Cherone debacle. Many of us who where there in the begining just want one last blast of nastalgia i.e. the Kiss/Eagles/PAGE & PLANT. Anything else is completely anticlimatic.
    I've been there for every era....i loved it all.....so, dont speak for me. The real deal is Ed, Al, and Mike....Dave, Sammy, and even Gary (live) all are a part of the glorious band called Van Halen.....but it starts with Ed.

Dime Bag
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pete, that was possibly the best response anyone coulda given to these idiots
    Drinking problem? What drinking problem!?

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    thanks, i liked it

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At first i thought this site was cool, however opinions change the amount of negativity is crazy as well the personal attacks on people

It is about the music and what the misuci means, if we are all true music fans at heart then take a true minute for the music and go visit
    www.redrocker.com and check out the quote that Sammy write and what music means regarless of who you like and dont like...hey the oproof is in the pudding we are all on this site chatting and sharing some great thoughts and musical history

So take a step back and look at things with a broader scope

Vive Van Halen which ever way you like it!

Cheers
    I agree 100%. From day one i got slammed here for stating i liked all eras of VH. Well, i could care less who likes it or who doesnt. I dont take the crap that the majority here dish out...but there are some who feel as i do....even if they wont admit it publicly here.....guess they dont wanna get flamed or attacked. Anyway....they can call us what they want....one thing they cant take away from us is the fact that we're VAN HALEN fans....and damn proud of it. I was a fan way before Roth left....and i still am.....always will be. I dont have tunnel vision, unlike many here....but that's cool.....i dont wanna change minds, just share my own.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

It is ALL about the music...

...and as a musician and a 20+ year VH fan I can say without any hesitation that musically and inspirationally Van Halen is dead on arrival.

I like Sammy Hagar. I have nothing against him at all. I've always dug his solo stuff (You're Love is Driving Me Crazy is one of my all time faves). I liked 5150. Thought that tour was good. The next two had their moments, but it was after OU812 for sure that signaled the beginning of the end. I think anyone with one firing neuron 'tween their ears could hear that it was all kind of starting to sound the same. Again, there was no magic, no mojo.

Now, let's listen to the two DLR songs on the greatest hits package, shall we? Can't Get This Stuff is every bit as cool as the best stuff Sammy ever did (Best of Both Worlds, Dreams, etc.). Me Wise Magic? I mean, just listen to it - major mojo mongani!! That very well might be the last rock song to literally give me chill bumps.

These new songs? No fire, no jo. Sorry if that bugs ya, but that's just being as real as it can get.

Eddie without DLR is kind of like a Ferrari running on diesel fuel. It might crank, it might even run a little, and look pretty good doing it - but knowing what it could be doing with the right fuel is enough to make you less than impressed, all the while thinking "there ought to be a lot more happening here...."
    Last edited by Firebrand; 07-05-2004 at 12:05 AM.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If it was about music to you - we wouldn't be arguing.

You can't differentiate the shift in VH. 5150 on sux.

Clearly DLR's influence on the music was tremendous.

they've been mediocre since '85.
    They lost their direction.

They replaced DLR without a consulting firm.
    Now they suck.

download their latest concerts to realize: They only way you will ever see Van Halen, played right, is to see the DLR BAND.

What a shame for you.

You really are a VH fan, He can play sloppy guitar solos and fuck up songs and you will still praise him.

so let me ask you

Is it about music?
    I just dont agree....what a shame for YOU that you're still in 1984.....get with the program!

Dime Bag
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think it is impossible for anyone to talk about this cuz thier are to many opinions. We roth fans have our opinions, sammy fans have thier opinions. Thier cannot be any resolve so all we are doing is kicking this thing in the ass. Fuck, we have been kicking this thing in the ass for quit some time now.

I dont see the point of even defending roth anymore cuz no matter how many times we defend him its to no end/point. If these sammy fans dont get the point im making then thats fine. I really dont care. But I propose to everyone at this site that we ignore every thread started by sammy fans here if all it is is "FUCK ROTH!! HES BALD!!" etc.
    It surprises me that some people here cant have an inteligent conversation about this bull shit. Cuz honestly folks...arent ya tired of it yet? This has been goin on for months. Roth fans know what they like. Sammy fans know what they like. Whether we think its shit or not is irrelivant.

Does anyone understand what im sayin or are some of u guys gonna call me a fag too?

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Firebrand
    ...and as a musician and a 20+ year VH fan I can say without any hesitation that musically and inspirationally Van Halen is dead on arrival.

I like Sammy Hagar. I have nothing against him at all. I've always dug his solo stuff (You're Love is Driving Me Crazy is one of my all time faves). I liked 5150. Thought that tour was good. The next two had their moments, but it was after OU812 for sure that signaled the beginning of the end. I think anyone with one firing neuron 'tween their ears could hear that it was all kind of starting to sound the same. Again, there was no magic, no mojo.

Now, let's listen to the two songs on the greatest hits package, shall we? Can't Get This Stuff is every bit as cool as the best stuff Sammy ever did (Best of Both Worlds, Dreams, etc.). Me Wise Magic? I mean, just listen to it - major mojo mongani!! That very well might be the last rock song to literally give me chill bumps.

These new songs? No fire, no jo. Sorry if that bugs ya, but that's just being as real as it can get.

Eddie without DLR is kind of like a Ferrari running on diesel fuel. It might crank, it might even run a little, and look pretty good doing it - but knowing what it could be doing with the right fuel is enough to make you less than impressed.
    I dont agree...at all. But that's cool. You stated your opinions in a thoughtful manner...i dig that. But, as stated, i dont think your opinions are correct. Happy 4th.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by faddam234
    I think it is impossible for anyone to talk about this cuz thier are to many opinions. We roth fans have our opinions, sammy fans have thier opinions. Thier cannot be any resolve so all we are doing is kicking this thing in the ass. Fuck, we have been kicking this thing in the ass for quit some time now.

I dont see the point of even defending roth anymore cuz no matter how many times we defend him its to no end/point. If these sammy fans dont get the point im making then thats fine. I really dont care. But I propose to everyone at this site that we ignore every thread started by sammy fans here if all it is is "FUCK ROTH!! HES BALD!!" etc.
    It surprises me that some people here cant have an inteligent conversation about this bull shit. Cuz honestly folks...arent ya tired of it yet? This has been goin on for months. Roth fans know what they like. Sammy fans know what they like. Whether we think its shit or not is irrelivant.

Does anyone understand what im sayin or are some of u guys gonna call me a fag too?
    I couldnt agree more. I'm pretty sure i dont agree with your point of view...but i'm not gonna slam ya. I have been attacked from my very first post, for doing nothing wrong....eh, it's how it goes here, though.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
    I just dont agree....what a shame for YOU that you're still in 1984.....get with the program!
    Great music is timeless. The Doors, Stones, The Who, Van Halen.

Van Hagar do not qualify. the only VH on the radio is Roth era. That's the real deal.

That's life. Van Hagar took the plastic, disposable, unoriginal approach to songwriting. It adheres to the trend of the era it was released.

You don't agree and that is a matter of hearing.

You get with the program.

idiot

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by faddam234

yep

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HERE'S YOUR HERO!!!!

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    you responded in a thoughful, articulate manner.

you fucking gash

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great music is timeless. The Doors, Stones, The Who, Van Halen.

Van Hagar do not qualify. the only VH on the radio is Roth era. That's the real deal.

That's life. Van Hagar took the plastic, disposable, unoriginal approach to songwriting. It adheres to the trend of the era it was released.

You don't agree and that is a matter of hearing.

You get with the program.

idiot
    I rest my case.....gotta resort to namecalling. FU bro.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FU sis

you didn't answer the question or address any aspect of the post.

or even justify your classiication of me as trapped in 1984.
    Last edited by pete; 07-05-2004 at 12:57 AM.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I rest my case.....gotta resort to namecalling. FU bro.
    No, you are an idiot by definition.

I just expressed the fact.

and you know it.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, you are an idiot by definition.

I just expressed the fact.

and you know it.
    FU sis

you didn't answer the question or address any aspect of the post.

or even justify your classiication of me as trapped in 1984.
    I dont have to justify anything. Every time you open your mouth you prove what kind of idiot YOU are. Funny, i hear VH tunes on the radio around here, and it's from either era at any given point. Thing is, i really dont care if you like it or not. Your opinion is yours....doesnt mean squat to me, just as i'm sure mine doesnt for you. I'm a Roth fan, but i also like Sammy.....both have made great music with VH. But, neither are the reason i've always liked VH. I've always liked the tunes....Eddie's guitar....Mike's backing vocals....Al's drums. Am i trying to lessen the contributions Dave and Sammy have made? No. But NEITHER of them define VH as a whole. Plain and simple...without Ed's music writing and playing, there would be no Roth to be spoken of today. Sammy already had a career before VH made their first album. As great as Dave is.....i think anyone with any honesty would admit that he on his own merits would NEVER have made it as big, if at all, in another band. When they came out...it was always "Eddie's firey, innovative guitar work & Roth's flashy showmanship". In a lesser band, Roth would've still been playing bars with the Red Ball Jets. Thank god for that PA system, eh? This isnt a knock on Dave....rather, it's me being honest in that Dave needed VH to have success. Could it be argued that with another singer in the beginning VH may not have had the same impact? Perhaps so, perhaps not. But i'd lay money down that they would've done well. Ed wrote the music, so i'm sure VH would've existed, even if under a different name. Kudos to Roth for the band name idea. They've done very well with Sammy over the years, and this tour is getting better with each show. I'm happy for them. I'm also happy to see Dave on TV again, even if i'm less than thrilled with this rehashed Vegas vibe he has going. I wish all involved much success.....and will continue to do so. Hopefully the namecalling can cease.....agree or not, it isnt trying to be like the Links to conduct ourselves with class. I came to this site with no bashing or namecalling...and got it in spades. Eh, maybe i'm wasting my time even typing this post.....but i'm here, and i aint goin' away, less i get "banned".

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    EddieFan,

Why do you feel the need to bring up your like of Hagar and Cherone on a DLR fan site? Shouldn't you be doing that at the Links or Redrocker.com, or one of Gary's sites? Why here? Every time you bring it up, you know what the response is going to be. I don't understand your mentality here.

You seem to be a fan of Dave's, but you seem to rip on him every chance you get as well. Fans don't rip on their favorite performers. The people here who rip on Sham are not his fans...big difference.

I think you like the attention.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    EddieFan,

Why do you feel the need to bring up your like of Hagar and Cherone on a DLR fan site? Shouldn't you be doing that at the Links or Redrocker.com, or one of Gary's sites? Why here? Every time you bring it up, you know what the response is going to be. I don't understand your mentality here.

You seem to be a fan of Dave's, but you seem to rip on him every chance you get as well. Fans don't rip on their favorite performers. The people here who rip on Sham are not his fans...big difference.

I think you like the attention.
    Incorrect. To say that i dont like his Vegas-vibe, or to say i'm not a fan of EVERY single solo tune he's ever made isnt ripping on him. I'm honest. I think Dave has been guilty of living in the past too much, but i do enjoy seeing him perform, and wish the guy luck. I dont want to see him fail.....he's had a few rough years, and i never wanted to see him struggle. But, i wont pretend i dont like VH now, either. No more than i would pretend to not like Dave at the Links.....although it is i bit more tolerant there to voice opinions about any of the 3 singers. Not to say that there arent assholes there, too...there are. Anyway....nah, i'm not here for attention. I didnt come to this site with guns blazin' like some others have, on either site. I'm here, as i am at the Links, as a fan of VH.....Dave, Sammy, or Gary. I can talk Dave all day long. What i do not dig is the bashing of Eddie....that is where i find the most classless behavior here.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Doesn't Eddie deserve some of it, to be honest? What the fuck has he done lately? Dave's done far more than Ed over the last six years.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Doesn't Eddie deserve some of it, to be honest? What the fuck has he done lately? Dave's done far more than Ed over the last six years.
    It's just that type of thing that i find unbelieveable. The man had way more on his plate at one time than alot of people i've known. He had a bout with cancer, had hip surgery (which can be a long healing process, i know...my dad had it done), dealt with the apparant end of his marriage, not to mention his battle with the bottle. I dont think it's fair to comment on "what has he done"...not at all. In the middle of this, he tried again to work with Dave. Nobody's perfect, i'm not saying Ed is.....but damn, he deserves a break. So, yeah, i'll defend him, and rightfully so. I saw 4 shows so far this tour. 2 soundchecks, and got to see him up close, even talk with him. He's happy, doing better, and i for one am all for it. He doesnt owe the fans, or Dave, anything. You preach about how much Dave has done. A sub-par solo cd of mostly covers, some live shows, the only tour he was a part of that could be called a tour was the Sam & Dave thing, appearances here and there, and now this Boston Pops event. Has he had surgery to recover from? Cancer that almost killed him? A dying marriage with a kid involved? No on all counts. It's just not a fair comparison.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll give Eddie a pass for his health. He really doesn't have to do anything for the rest of his life if he doesn't want to. But what I don't understand is, in the same breath, people think that Dave is washed up because he isn't doing stadiums anymore. Dave didn't have to do shit after 1984, and he'd still be the legend he always was. It's ok if Ed takes off six years for personal reasons, but if Dave doesn't tour (goes mountain climbing, gets his EMT training, etc.) for six years, he's washed up. It's gotta work both ways.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll give Eddie a pass for his health. He really doesn't have to do anything for the rest of his life if he doesn't want to. But what I don't understand is, in the same breath, people think that Dave is washed up because he isn't doing stadiums anymore. Dave didn't have to do shit after 1984, and he'd still be the legend he always was. It's ok if Ed takes off six years for personal reasons, but if Dave doesn't tour (goes mountain climbing, gets his EMT training, etc.) for six years, he's washed up. It's gotta work both ways.
    I agree....but i'm not, nor have ever said Dave is washed up. I'm not too thrilled with his last cd, but he doesnt have to fill stadiums for me to like him. VH is doing well on this tour. Am i gonna find fault with the fact that they arent selling out every show? No. Same with '98.....it was odd to see them play smaller venues, but i was there. I hope for great success for all involved in VH...past or present. Dave isnt washed up....Dave is still Fave, and that's fine with me.

Thread Information