• Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Really?

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Wish I had bought mine in the bargain bin , all I ever see is Adam Sadler movies in there
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Bono went on to say "In those times when I think I can't suck any more cock or make a shittier U2 record than the one before I just play Tin Machine. I find them to be inspirational."

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Terry's post reminds me of a trend on Twitter I noticed the last couple of days , it's not a shot at terry who is a cool dude more a comment on fuck knows what.

So all these people on Twitter are on there expressing their grief genuine or not for someone they don't know but clearly have some connection to.So these people are expressing their opinions/ feelings which is what I guess social media is for but there seems to be a group of people this is pissing off.
          These people are on haranguing people for their comments.
          These "sympathy deniers" are fucking mental , how do they know how something effects someone else , how dare they shove there opinions on what someone should feel.
          They are as messed up as they people they want to call out , and probably getting more upset than them.

Any way it's social media , if you wanna post pics of your breakfast on Facebook , cool.
          If you wanna post cat pics on twitter cool.
          If you wanna come on the army and disagree with Kristy expect to be called a nazi
          Last edited by vandeleur; 01-13-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Only slave FORD is a Nazi.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
              Only salve FORD is a Nazi.
              Slave hun, still time to change it and we can keep this between us

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

quick

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I probably thoroughly enjoyed no more than 55 to 60% of the music he made (including 3 or 4 songs on the first Tin Machine CD) but I 100% applaud his talents and his constant experimentation. Sure, there was a greater element of surprise in his earlier years than later, but that's to be expected. I wish him peace, wherever he is.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    Terry's post reminds me of a trend on Twitter I noticed the last couple of days , it's not a shot at terry who is a cool dude more a comment on fuck knows what.

So all these people on Twitter are on there expressing their grief genuine or not for someone they don't know but clearly have some connection to.So these people are expressing their opinions/ feelings which is what I guess social media is for but there seems to be a group of people this is pissing off.
                    These people are on haranguing people for their comments.
                    These "sympathy deniers" are fucking mental , how do they know how something effects someone else , how dare they shove there opinions on what someone should feel.
                    They are as messed up as they people they want to call out , and probably getting more upset than them.

Any way it's social media , if you wanna post pics of your breakfast on Facebook , cool.
                    If you wanna post cat pics on twitter cool.
                    If you wanna come on the army and disagree with Kristy expect to be called a nazi
                    Doubtless there are people who feel a genuine sadness that Bowie passed away. I mean, clearly you'd have to be mildly antisocial (to say the least) to be happy that Bowie is gone.

Not having known Bowie myself, the news of his passing didn't particularly upset me anymore than anyone else who died that I didn't know: famous or not, everybody dies eventually. Sooner or later, life will kill you.

And I do respect the feelings of those who felt a strong connection with Bowie's music (and therefore some kind of a connection with Bowie).

I wouldn't even consider going on Twitter or Facebook and calling bullshit on individual tweets re: the credibility of individual condolences for Bowie.

It just struck me as odd that the massive outpouring of "I've always loved David Bowie" in terms of the sheer numbers of such sentiments was completely disproportionate to the amount of records his post-Let's Dance releases have sold.

Maybe I'm just being a cynical cunt about it. OR maybe when countless people say "I've always loved David Bowie" that translates into "I loved him up until 1983, but after that I didn't love him enough to buy one of his newer releases, yet I loved him enough to wait until after he was dead to tweet how much I loved him."

OR maybe I'll just STFU about it.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I get your point but say Dave Lee Roth died tomorrow you have said here recently you haven't enjoyed much of his recent work either?

There is a bigger outpouring on my social media about Bowie than there was about Lemmy I think because a lot of people especially of a certain age who saw themselves as outsiders when they were young really loved Bowie as a role model be it because they were goth/glam/arty/just fucking a bit out there. I probably know a disproportionate amount of people like that though... It was clearly not all about the music there was much more to it than that. I'm sure few of these people listened to his later stuff in recent times but I think him dying rekindled a lot of old memories in Generation X in particular.

As it happens there was a lot of Bowie being played in my house(not by me) during December but yeah it was mainly older stuff.

I think what I'm trying to say very ineloquently is that Bowie was culturally much more than just a singer who had some hits in the 1970s.

Sure there will be plenty of bandwagon jumpers but there always are.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I loved all his stuff even the older stuff I had never heard
                        I gotta say I was dragged to the glass spider tour where the highlight was him saying hello newcastle in sunderland ...... its like saying forgetaboutit. But the gig was so out there , I was a little kiddy punk and there was just ridiculous stuff going on.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

And top tip for riff theft , Mick Ronson knew a toon.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Before it was cool to use the "racist" card as it is now in 2016.

Bowie was right on the money back in 83!

Bowie's final line is PRICELESS!!!
                            Last edited by WARF; 01-14-2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

There is a bigger outpouring on my social media about Bowie than there was about Lemmy I think because a lot of people especially of a certain age who saw themselves as outsiders when they were young really loved Bowie as a role model be it because they were goth/glam/arty/just fucking a bit out there.
                              Right here ladies and gentleman slave Sesh demonstrates his true colors of ignorance. Lemmy was a dunk, a womanizer, a social cancer and a all-around fuck up. Say what you want about Bowie but at least he gave a shit about the world he lived in. "Arty/farty/glam-what-the-fuck-ever has nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I worry about your reading comprehension skills...

Comment

Working...