ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

January 10th

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Title: Daily Listening Thread 1-10-06
    Post by: twonabomber on January 10, 2006, 05:52:43 AM
    have at it.

Post by: hambon4lif on January 10, 2006, 07:05:13 AM
    Oh damn. Today is starting with the Dakota/Speilberg mess.

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 08:23:49 AM
    The WYSP link in my sig is working for me today.

Post by: Bobwhite on January 10, 2006, 08:30:14 AM
    I would like to record Dave with my replay radio software. Anybody know the URL for any of the station feeds?

Lou's won't work because the software won't accept "//" in a URL address. Though it will work on wmp as he said. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the podcast downloads only give you about 30 minutes of the show.

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 08:31:40 AM
    Try putting it in without the mms://

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 08:33:08 AM
    Well he's talking about child molesters today and what their punishment should be. Just what I was hoping to hear today too!

Post by: ZahZoo on January 10, 2006, 08:59:02 AM
    Quote from: Lou
    Well he's talking about child molesters today and what their punishment should be. Just what I was hoping to hear today too!

Weighing your risk factors?

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 09:02:38 AM
    This show won't last a year at this rate. You have to be kidding me, talking about child molestation at 7 in the morning and then hearing boring-ass stories of Lon-Gislanders.

Post by: hambon4lif on January 10, 2006, 09:28:08 AM
    I guess it depends strictly on your perspective. From what I can tell, the callers are dictating the direction of the show.
    So far they've touched on topics like bad parenting, gun cuntrol, methamphetamine, free speech, and child molestation.
    And Dave is casually weighing in on each and every one of these subjects. These shows are four hour interviews five days a week. Some of us are damning it in its infancy, and others are just kicking back and enjoying it.

Post by: hambon4lif on January 10, 2006, 09:57:13 AM
    ....Please go see "Fun With Dick And Jane" for the love of God!!!

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 10:11:52 AM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    I guess it depends strictly on your perspective. From what I can tell, the callers are dictating the direction of the show.
    So far they've touched on topics like bad parenting, gun cuntrol, methamphetamine, free speech, and child molestation.
    And Dave is casually weighing in on each and every one of these subjects. These shows are four hour interviews five days a week. Some of us are damning it in its infancy, and others are just kicking back and enjoying it.

Yeah. BORING.

See when you get the interviews on my 4 DVD tree you'll hear stuff that's actually humorous, fun to listen to and takes you away from life. Now I realize that Dave is no longer in a band, is 25 years older and is on the other side of the interview than he was back then. But dammit what I'd like to hear is closer to that, than this serious, boring, who-the-fuck-cares political discussion.

Come on guys, it's time to take off the rosy-colored glasses. Is this REALLY what you enjoy listening to?

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 10:58:04 AM
    I wish you would turn your critical talent on to your posts here.

When was your last post that was actually humorous, fun to read or took us away from life?

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 11:08:20 AM
    Both Walker and TwoFools laughed at comments I made yesterday but that's not the point and you know it. I'm not hired to do a morning radio show. Anyway, I take it that comment is an admission that the show is off to a sluggish start, to be kind.

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 11:11:11 AM
    Actually Sesh you realize my comments were one of two comments in this thread that even addressed the content of today's show?

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 12:38:27 PM
    Both Walker and TwoFools laughed at comments I made yesterday but that's not the point and you know it. I'm not hired to do a morning radio show. Anyway, I take it that comment is an admission that the show is off to a sluggish start, to be kind.

I'm enjoying it.

There is no reason why everyone that likes Dave's music should like his radio show.

My objection to your posts is that you feel the need to post 10 times as much as anyone else in every radio thread saying the same thing that you find it boring. How boring is that?

It's like spam.

Post by: Lesfunk on January 10, 2006, 01:16:50 PM
    like...?

Post by: Lesfunk on January 10, 2006, 01:17:37 PM
    ...not that there's anything wrong with spam...

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 01:22:32 PM
    I'm glad that some Long Island woman's story of child molestation in 1985 is interesting to you guys. It's not interesting to me.

Message to DLR:

Your show is really fucking boring, Dave.

Post by: Mr Walker on January 10, 2006, 01:29:08 PM
    Dave should get his facts straight about certain things before speaking on them.
    Prolixin is NOT used to treat sex offenders, it is an anti-psychotic drug... it made him sound pretty dumb.

Post by: Lesfunk on January 10, 2006, 01:29:42 PM
    There's nothing wrong with saying that.

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 01:33:56 PM
    This show would work better as an afternoon drive time show, and I'm being completely serious. People do not want "different" for their morning show. They want lighthearted/humor. These are the main Philadelphia morning shows, just to give you an example of what Dave is competing with here:

93.3 WMMR--Preston & Steve--humor based
    97.5 WTHK--Free Beer & Hot Wings--humor based
    98.1 WOGL--light news, light daily life stuff such as throwing out a silly topic and asking callers to call in about it
    102.9 WMGK--John DeBella--humor based
    610 WIP--Angelo Cataldi, Al Morganti & Rhea Hughes--humor based morning sports show

There's a common thread here--none of these shows are into politics as the focus of the show. Certainly none of them routinely go into stuff like unions and child molestation. The "different" thing, if Dave is intentionally trying to do something different, is not working. Now maybe because Sesh hears the show at 1 P.M. his time, it works for him. It doesn't work for me at 6 and 7 AM when I'm trying to wake up. Child molestation isn't going to wake me. The whole friggin' ESSENCE of morning radio for DECADES is humor based stuff to get you going. If Dave thinks he can revamp that in 2006 he is sadly mistaken.

Post by: Catfish on January 10, 2006, 01:51:15 PM
    Jesus Lou, AGAIN????

Post by: STROKE on January 10, 2006, 01:55:21 PM
    This show would work better as an afternoon drive time show, and I'm being completely serious. People do not want "different" for their morning show. They want lighthearted/humor. These are the main Philadelphia morning shows, just to give you an example of what Dave is competing with here:

93.3 WMMR--Preston & Steve--humor based
    97.5 WTHK--Free Beer & Hot Wings--humor based
    98.1 WOGL--light news, light daily life stuff such as throwing out a silly topic and asking callers to call in about it
    102.9 WMGK--John DeBella--humor based
    610 WIP--Angelo Cataldi, Al Morganti & Rhea Hughes--humor based morning sports show

There's a common thread here--none of these shows are into politics as the focus of the show. Certainly none of them routinely go into stuff like unions and child molestation. The "different" thing, if Dave is intentionally trying to do something different, is not working. Now maybe because Sesh hears the show at 1 P.M. his time, it works for him. It doesn't work for me at 6 and 7 AM when I'm trying to wake up. Child molestation isn't going to wake me. The whole friggin' ESSENCE of morning radio for DECADES is humor based stuff to get you going. If Dave thinks he can revamp that in 2006 he is sadly mistaken.

Ain't it just like Dave to buck the trend or system?

Post by: hain23x on January 10, 2006, 02:22:39 PM
    If Dave's show isn't based on humor then why is everyone laughing while they listen to it? Why are the other people in the room with Dave always laughing? Of course we know that Dave is always laughing!

for a show not about humor it's pretty damn funny

Post by: Catfish on January 10, 2006, 02:23:30 PM
    Quote from: hain23x
    If Dave's show isn't based on humor then why is everyone laughing while they listen to it? Why are the other people in the room with Dave always laughing? Of course we know that Dave is always laughing!

for a show not about humor it's pretty damn funny

Dude, if Lou doesn't think it's funny, then it ain't!

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 02:25:45 PM
    Who's laughing at it, his own morning team?

I fail to find humor or even interest in Dave's take on child molestation, and some Long Island woman's 1985 story about it.

Post by: atomicpunk5151 on January 10, 2006, 02:35:34 PM
    I'll start off by saying I am still giving Dave a chance. I want the show to be great.

But once again, if I want to listen to politics, I will find a political show. This is not the show I am looking for from Dave. I want Larger then life Dave, Sex, Drugs & Rock N roll Dave.

Maybe I am a cold unfeeling bastard, but I don't care about some child molester story from 85.

Here is what most Classic Van Halen/Dave fans like (sterotypes from the posts I have seen at this site):
    (Not in any order)
    Classic Van Halen
    Chicks
    Beer
    Sports
    Trucks/Cars
    Some other shit

Appeal to my demographic.............

Lately I am back to Sports Radio in the morning. Today it was a Metallica show from the Justice Tour. Tommorrow who knows...........

Post by: Lesfunk on January 10, 2006, 02:39:35 PM

I fail to find humor ...

:rim:

Post by: Rjohn10538 on January 10, 2006, 02:39:55 PM
    Quote from: Mr Walker
    Dave should get his facts straight about certain things before speaking on them.
    Prolixin is NOT used to treat sex offenders, it is an anti-psychotic drug... it made him sound pretty dumb.

Not as bad as the first day when Dave thought there were 24 or 25 letters in the alphabet.

I think the show is ok. If he is not interesting, I change the channel just like I did with Stern.

Post by: Catfish on January 10, 2006, 03:08:07 PM
    I'll go ahead and say the first 10 minutes of today show (of which I'm listening to right now) are lighthearted, humours and well-paced. Topics flying around everywhere and a good use of the in-studio staff.

This Robin lesbo seems cool, Hutch is cool (underused?) and Animal is always great. B-Young is getting a bigger role, too.

It's a good, interesting mix of people in the studio, which I like.

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 03:12:35 PM
    Quote from: atomicpunk5151
    Here is what most Classic Van Halen/Dave fans like (sterotypes from the posts I have seen at this site):
    (Not in any order)
    Classic Van Halen
    Chicks
    Beer
    Sports
    Trucks/Cars
    Some other shit

Appeal to my demographic.............

Dave's never going to appeal wholely to that dumbographic.

Post by: twonabomber on January 10, 2006, 03:24:51 PM
    John DeBella

WAZOO!!!

oh yeah, that's fuckin' funny.

Post by: Lou on January 10, 2006, 03:31:23 PM
    Did I say I listen to it?

Post by: JACKEDUP on January 10, 2006, 05:04:44 PM
    I dont get the Lou bashing.I think he's the only one on here being honest.Dave's show really does suck!You can still be a DLR fan and NOT like everything he does.Dave is a visual performer who needs to be on a stage, in front of a live audience.That's what he does,and he does it better then anyone.He may not be the greatest singer,but he is the greatest frontman.
    Taking Dave off the stage and putting him on the radio.It's like taking Michael Jordan off the basketball court and making him a minor league outfielder.

Post by: Wooda on January 10, 2006, 05:06:54 PM
    Quote from: JACKEDUP
    I dont get the Lou bashing.I think he's the only one on here being honest.Dave's show really does suck!You can still be a DLR fan and NOT like everything he does.Dave is a visual performer who needs to be on a stage, in front of a live audience.That's what he does,and he does it better then anyone.He may not be the greatest singer,but he is the greatest frontman.
    Taking Dave off the stage and putting him on the radio.It's like taking Michael Jordan off the basketball court and making him a minor league outfielder.
    What about me? I am honest too!!!!

Post by: Catfish on January 10, 2006, 05:07:07 PM

Dude, like Lou, your mind was made up about the show well before it even started.

Post by: JACKEDUP on January 10, 2006, 05:18:19 PM
    Quote from: Catfish
    Dude, like Lou, your mind was made up about the show well before it even started.

Your right!I never liked the idea but i did give the show a listen.Dave sounds totally out of his element.The show may improve,but not without a segment producer and a couple of really talented writers.

Post by: JACKEDUP on January 10, 2006, 05:19:19 PM
    Quote from: Wooda
    What about me? I am honest too!!!!

Yep,and Catfish hates you too!!!![lol]

Post by: Wooda on January 10, 2006, 05:19:57 PM
    Oh shut your face, you mouth is streching so wide on this one yor gonna have some seroius stretch marks!

Post by: Catfish on January 10, 2006, 05:29:17 PM
    Your right!I never liked the idea but i did give the show a listen.Dave sounds totally out of his element.The show may improve,but not without a segment producer and a couple of really talented writers.

By last week's end the show was much improved, and it'll get better, man.

Post by: Catfish on January 10, 2006, 05:29:50 PM
    Oh shut your face, you mouth is streching so wide on this one yor gonna have some seroius stretch marks!

Go back to cybering your Scottish boyfriend!

Post by: hambon4lif on January 10, 2006, 05:37:58 PM
    Some people aren't going to accept Dave doing anything else except for being on stage fronting Van Halen, and I understand that if you're gonna dream, you might as well dream BIG!!

But you should realize that you are dreaming, and that you should pull that fat Van Halen dick out of the side of your head because it's tapping on your brain, and catch up with the rest of us out here in real life who aren't buying into the fantasy bullshit. It ain't ever gonna happen....ever! It's in the past!

LET IT GO!!!

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 07:26:36 PM
    On Mondays show Dave spent an hour or two talking about classic rock, samples and old touring stories.

He can't do that for 20 hours a week 50 weeks a year.

Cheers!

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 07:28:28 PM
    Go back to cybering your Scottish boyfriend!

If this is in any way referring to me then you haven't been paying attention...

Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on January 10, 2006, 08:14:19 PM
    Well, I've heard the first three days so far, and I'm still on the fence. I think I'll take to the show easier than Lou because I mostly listen to political talk radio. But Dave's show so far has bigger downs than ups, but every show I've ever seen or heard started off slow. I think it may take him a few months to get in the swing of things. Hell, they let Jimmy Kimmel keep Jimmy Kimmel Live, and I couldn't watch it at first. It started out awful. He couldn't get guests, just like Roth can't right now and it took a long while for the format to settle in. Hopefully Roth will find the groove at some point, but right now...it ain't so great.

Post by: twonabomber on January 10, 2006, 08:21:26 PM
    i still think it's interesting. it's a side of Dave we have never seen.

Post by: hambon4lif on January 10, 2006, 08:28:01 PM
    Brian's an awesome plus to the show. I like how he plays along with anything they throw at him, doesn't matter if it's reggae, funk, blues.....he can throw a lick on top of it. Very impressive.

Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on January 10, 2006, 08:37:12 PM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    Brian's an awesome plus to the show. I like how he plays along with anything they throw at him, doesn't matter if it's reggae, funk, blues.....he can throw a lick on top of it. Very impressive.

But Dave's got to stop singing along with every song, crap, a minimum wage DJ in podunk hollar, TN knows better than that.

Post by: ZeroDiscipline on January 10, 2006, 08:37:53 PM
    I damned near got on the air this AM. Producer was juiced I was from Buffalo, liked my story in relation to pedophiles, but Dave switched over to plastic surgery while I was on hold.

Get this - the producer ACTUALLY GOT BACK ON THE PHONE to say "sorry...." FUCK I never even bother to do that.

So I told him to tell Brian Shoes says hello. He said he would and he told me to call back again.

I shall have to restrain myself from begging him for Sexual favors if I get on.....Dave that is.....although I might beg Brian too.....

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 08:42:54 PM
    Maybe Lou is right that I enjoy the show more because I listen to it later in the day but anyone can do that if they listen to it on demand. First thing in the morning I can't laugh without surgery.

I'm LMFAO at some of the chat today and it's good to hear Dave be so self depreciating about his hairline and everything else.

If you don't like it don't listen to it.

If I thought the show sucked then I would have made one post saying I was disappointed not 50 that's my only issue with some of the posts here.

And Brian is doing great, and despite the egomaniac self centred image that some people like to give Roth yet again he's promoting the fuck out of his musicians in this case Brian who deserves it all.

BTW has anyone noticed that 'ass' get's bleeped?

WTF American's are so anal?

Cheers!

Post by: Lesfunk on January 10, 2006, 08:44:37 PM
    Anal would get bleeped too!

Post by: twonabomber on January 10, 2006, 08:46:54 PM
    Quote from: Seshmeister

If you don't like it don't listen to it.

that's really all you had to say.

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 08:56:07 PM
    Quote from: twonabomber
    that's really all you had to say.

Yeah.

Fucking once already.

I fucking guarantee that if Lou loved it it would be cancelled by now...

The worlds smallest demographic...

Post by: hambon4lif on January 10, 2006, 09:01:29 PM
    I'm optomistic about this show, I think it has potential, and it will be good show when it gels.
    We're only 6 shows in, it hasn't even started to take shape, and already people are putting it under a microscope, critiqing it, and talking shit.

Shame on you bastards!

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 09:07:58 PM
    It gets better every day.

I can't judge the US radio market and I'm not a 'typical' listener but I enjoy it.

I also have no idea what people here that criticise it were expecting.

Howard Stern?

The EEAS videos?

It's like a better version of the Boston show.

Cheers!

Post by: twonabomber on January 10, 2006, 09:36:59 PM
    first hour was pretty good. Brian is doing a great job up there. wonder how much equipment he's got in the studio...

Post by: Seshmeister on January 10, 2006, 10:28:06 PM
    I preferred the later stuff.

I think Dave realises that the time to hit the best stuff is 8-9.

Post by: ZahZoo on January 11, 2006, 01:16:20 AM

So this is in addition to his sympathy stretch marks he got during poor Mrs FuckFish's real pregnancy?? Geez that poor kid has a lot of baggage to tow...

Post by: twonabomber on January 11, 2006, 05:10:09 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    I preferred the later stuff.

I think Dave realises that the time to hit the best stuff is 8-9.

Stern always saved his big guests for 8-9 too.

Post by: Full Bug on January 11, 2006, 06:20:03 AM
    Still waiting for a big guest, besides his uncle Manny who has he had on? He needs a big guest to get people talking....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information