Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Michael Anthony pic with "Van Halen"

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And one more thing - did your dad get spit on when he came back? Mine did. Twice. So fuck every goddamn hippie on this planet. I hope they all die. All they talk about is bullshit and they do nothing to fix the problems. I hate every goddamn dreadlocked honkie hippie in this country and I'd send them all to French Canada but the French Canadians are too damn smart to take them!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A side bar discussion about whether or not you think Lennon was talented wasn't my intent. Being glad he was murdered is what I took exception to. I'm aware it wasn't you who killed him. Have a nice weekend Donnie.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    A side bar discussion about whether or not you think Lennon was talented wasn't my intent. Being glad he was murdered is what I took exception to. I'm aware it wasn't you who killed him. Have a nice weekend Donnie.
    And to you as well. But I didn't say I was glad he was murdered - I said I was happy he was dead. There's a difference.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Dude - I didn't kill him.

Lennon is up there with Cobain so far as I'm concerned. Two no talent pieces of shit who did, well, nothing. I hate hippies and I hate their Hippie King. The whole retarded-dope-smoking-drum-circle Klan can all go die for all I care. All they wanted to do is destroy this country and damn if they didn't get their wish.

So fuck every goddamn hippie on this planet and fuck John Lennon's filthy corpse. Stinking hippie piece of shit...
    what's a "hippie"?
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now, since this thread had become about Hippies I shall tell you all why I hate Hippies and their Hippie King.

Hippies are stupid, brain dead, over-indulging pot heads who contribute nothing to society. All they want to do is sit around and tell the rest of us what we should do and blab about how bad money is yet they need money to buy their shitty weed. I personally hate every Hippie on this planet and wish they all would collectively walk in front of the biggest bus on the earth.

I also hate their Hippie King, John Lennon. He was an ugly, dirty, no showering piece of shit who walked this earth and produced one of the single most shitty songs ever recorded. I imagine a world where he was ABORTED!!!!!! John Lennon's mother should have shoved a rusty coat hanger up her puss and scrambled his guts. She actually did that but all she scrambled was his brains.

I despise every Hippie on this world and hope they all die. Yesterday.

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now, since this thread had become about Hippies I shall tell you all why I hate Hippies and their Hippie King.

Hippies are stupid, brain dead, over-indulging pot heads who contribute nothing to society. All they want to do is sit around and tell the rest of us what we should do and blab about how bad money is yet they need money to buy their shitty weed. I personally hate every Hippie on this planet and wish they all would collectively walk in front of the biggest bus on the earth.

I also hate their Hippie King, John Lennon. He was an ugly, dirty, no showering piece of shit who walked this earth and produced one of the single most shitty songs ever recorded. I imagine a world where he was ABORTED!!!!!! John Lennon's mother should have shoved a rusty coat hanger up her puss and scrambled his guts. She actually did that but all she scrambled was his brains.

I despise every Hippie on this world and hope they all die. Yesterday.

ok now tell us what you really think of "hippies"!!

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Good to see ya scraps
    And you too. I have been hibernating.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VHscraps View Post
    And you too. I have been hibernating.
    Scraps is a bad man. And for you Brits that means he is a walking book of knowledge about early Van Halen.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't mind hippies. Although, my Dad caught hell when he came back from Vietnam too. Those trips to the airport were always interesting.

Anyway, I'm with Donnie. Lennon was a no talent piece of shit. When I heard he was dead, it didn't upset me one bit. In fact, Barrie and I made it a point to go to the nearest Sound Warehouse store the next day, and publicly announce our pleasure that he was dead! We got a lot of dirty looks that day, but nobody said shit to us!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    ok now tell us what you really think of "hippies"!!
    Ok, I shall.

Hippies stink. They're unwashed and refuse to bathe. They sit around and smoke cheap weed and pontificate about nothing. They refuse to acknowledge the sacrifices our men and women have made for our country. And they stink.

Every single Hippie in this country should be put on a big ass jet that allows dope smoking and flown to Syria. Then they can see what their protests and drum circles can accomplish.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok, I shall.

Hippies stink. They're unwashed and refuse to bathe. They sit around and smoke cheap weed and pontificate about nothing. They refuse to acknowledge the sacrifices our men and women have made for our country. And they stink.

Every single Hippie in this country should be put on a big ass jet that allows dope smoking and flown to Syria. Then they can see what their protests and drum circles can accomplish.
    But Donnie, they like wild kinky sex.

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why Syria?/ Send them here to Canada just like our fkn gov't is letting in them terrorists why not let in some smelly pot smoking hippies they'd fit right in !!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I don't mind hippies. Although, my Dad caught hell when he came back from Vietnam too. Those trips to the airport were always interesting.

Anyway, I'm with Donnie. Lennon was a no talent piece of shit. When I heard he was dead, it didn't upset me one bit. In fact, Barrie and I made it a point to go to the nearest Sound Warehouse store the next day, and publicly announce our pleasure that he was dead! We got a lot of dirty looks that day, but nobody said shit to us!
    I saw my dad get spit on by a filthy Hippie. I don't remember much from when I was three but I remember that. So every goddamn hippie can go and die in hell for all I care.

My daughter is considering joining the Marines when she graduates high school. God help the first person that spits on her. They're gonna need it.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Scraps is a bad man. And for you Brits that means he is a walking book of knowledge about early Van Halen.
    Van Halen ruined everything.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    Why Syria?/ Send them here to Canada just like our fkn gov't is letting in them terrorists why not let in some smelly pot smoking hippies they'd fit right in !!
    Don't you let Apologist Angel hear you say that! She wants every one of those fuckers to come to Canada!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw my dad get spit on by a filthy Hippie. I don't remember much from when I was three but I remember that. So every goddamn hippie can go and die in hell for all I care.

My daughter is considering joining the Marines when she graduates high school. God help the first person that spits on her. They're gonna need it.
    You should cuntsider coming out of the sticks once in awhile. They don't do that shit anymore.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You should cuntsider coming out of the sticks once in awhile. They don't do that shit anymore.
    I refuse to leave the holler!!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't you let Apologist Angel hear you say that! She wants every one of those fuckers to come to Canada!
    Yeah, right up until they import their rape culture. But even when they do, I'm sure it will be the womans fault.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    She can't fool me. She just wants them to become the bottom feeders. She thinks it will elevate her from ghetto, to middle class.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I think it's like Von, 78/84, Va Beach, Sesh and twona said.

By the time 1984 rolled around, the rest of Van Halen were just sick of Dave and Dave was just tired of dealing with them.

If you read and watch interviews Dave and Ed gave as the band became more and more successful, a lot of the remarks each gave about the other were sort of diplomatically complimentary while at times barely masking a thinly concealed contempt. The whole making of the 1984 album was a disjointed experience in terms of how the band was interacting. And now you read in Van Halen Rising how while the Van Halens had a grudging respect for Roth's abilities as an entertainer and performer, they had nowhere near that level of respect for Roth's abilities as a singer from the beginning. And it wouldn't be a shot in the dark to suggest that by the time 1984 rolled around, Ed was plain tired of being told where the band had to record, what songs to play (a la Diver Down's multiple cover tunes), what type of music to play ("hey, man, nobody wants to hear you play keyboards"), when to tour and how long, when and what type of music videos to do, and on and on. And by the time 1984 rolled around Ed had won every music magazine poll in the world for top rock guitarist and had doubtless read more than a few critiques of the band which flatly stated that Roth was a goofball clown showoff and him fronting the band would always relegate Van Halen to little more than a party rock band with a great guitarist.

And I'll bet by the time 1984 and 1985 rolled around, Roth was getting tired of dealing with the Van Halens and feeling like he was the only one pulling the load in terms of designing the stage sets, designing the wardrobe, designing the tour programs, designing the t-shirts, choreographing Mike Anthony's bass solo, giving the bulk of the interviews to non-guitar mag outlets all the while having to play with these guys who he doesn't even get along with and never did. Once the CFTH vids started getting heavy rotation and he was at the peak of his own personal celebrity with a potential movie deal in hand, probably the thought of having to continue dealing with the rest of Van Halen and all the tension that entailed was less than appealing. Maybe all of that could have been surmounted if the 5150 rehearsals were heralding promising new music, but even the musical direction was no longer satisfying to Roth at that point.

Roth bailed in 1985. He quit. No doubt about that.

I mean, back in 1985 it felt like a shame the band was breaking up because it felt like there was still plenty of good music left to come. The reality, looking back now, is perhaps a bit different in that it feels like the band were lucky to have lasted as long as they did. They had 6 productive years together from the release of their first album, and that life span is pretty much what a lot of rock bands have in terms of the definitive lineup(s) producing really exceptional music that defines the best of a band's career, give or take a few years.
    I think that's basically it. They were just sick of each other and probably had been for a while. 10+ years of slogging through the clubs and the album/tour treadmill. I wonder if Dave would've been so eager to leave if CFTH had tanked and the movie deal had fallen through earlier or had never happened. Those weren't the only reasons why Dave left, but I do think they were big factors.

I've been meaning to throw this one out there for a while: when was peak Van Halen as a live act? It seems like the '84 tour was as much about the spectacle as the music. Did that manifest itself on that tour, or were the seeds at least planted earlier than that? When I look at it, it seems like the Fair Warning tour was peak ass kicking. Thoughts?

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckjitsu View Post
    I think that's basically it. They were just sick of each other and probably had been for a while. 10+ years of slogging through the clubs and the album/tour treadmill. I wonder if Dave would've been so eager to leave if CFTH had tanked and the movie deal had fallen through earlier or had never happened. Those weren't the only reasons why Dave left, but I do think they were big factors.

I've been meaning to throw this one out there for a while: when was peak Van Halen as a live act? It seems like the '84 tour was as much about the spectacle as the music. Did that manifest itself on that tour, or were the seeds at least planted earlier than that? When I look at it, it seems like the Fair Warning tour was peak ass kicking. Thoughts?
    I probably enjoy listening to boots from the time period immediately leading up to and then supporting the first album, performance-wise.

Overall, I think the Fair Warning tour would have been the one I really would have liked to have seen, though. The Diver Down/Hide Your Sheep tour was pretty good, too. The thing with the FW/DD tours is that the band was perhaps not QUITE as intense as they were on the tours supporting the first two albums, but they had a much wider range of material to essay live.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok, I shall.

So you hate old people..?

Most "real" hippies would be well into their 60's, 70's and pushing into their 80's. Of course they stink... they are all past their "Best used by..." date!!

Stay away from retirement communities and nursing homes... you'll avoid more hippies that way.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hippies stink. They're unwashed and refuse to bathe.
    I protest. Not all of them are French.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    So you hate old people..?

Most "real" hippies would be well into their 60's, 70's and pushing into their 80's. Of course they stink... they are all past their "Best used by..." date!!

Stay away from retirement communities and nursing homes... you'll avoid more hippies that way.
    I think Donaldo may be referring to the hippies that came after.

You know how it is, you start a cool movement & then all the kids want in on the action & inevitably they fag up the whole thing, turning it into an unrecognisable parody of what it used to be.

Remember when being a rock star was cool & then Kunt Splatterbrains wanted in?

Same shit.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Moreno View Post

You know how it is, you start a cool movement & then all the kids want in on the action & inevitably they fag up the whole thing, turning it into an unrecognisable parody of what it used to be.

does sound familiar

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    does sound familiar
    Yeah, the up-an'-comer staff of 2006 really fagged up the site.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Same shit.
    Those are called hipsters today...

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Which you, of course, agree that they are douchebags.

See? The problem with the world is that most people think the exact same way, but express themselves in a way that others don't understand.

Like you & Donnie, in this instance. Hipsters, Hippies, Douchebags...

Same shit.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I forego the fancy names in most cases and just refer to them as jackasses...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hipsters are NOT hippies, not even close.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And then you get Chucky Manson as the icing on the cake to REALLY fuck it up...coming down fast...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Hipsters are NOT hippies, not even close.
    I suppose so...

Although hippies are NOT hippies any more either... A more accurate term would be elderly!!

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I suppose so...

Although hippies are NOT hippies any more either... A more accurate term would be elderly!!
    Exactly. We had tons of hippies in my town when I was a little kid. Our central park was Canada's "Hait-Ashbury" (sp?). The hare krishna's used to scare the shit out of me. They faded out by the mid-70's.

My oldest cousin was a hippy. Now she's just an old crazy lady, lol...but she's still my favourite!

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Same shit.
    Particularly white middle and upper class suburban teens in the late 1980s who heard the song Touch of Grey and then became overnight 'Deadheads' and proved to be a more useless bunch than the original Deadheads of 15 years prior.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I suppose who are we to throw stones at them when we are still here for a band that effectively ended in 1985??
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VHscraps View Post
    It's all Val's fault ...

I was reading the Chrissie Hynde autobiography recently and there's something in there where Eddie is partying with The Pretenders back at their hotel somewhere in Germany:

"We were all hanging around the suite in the hotel when we overheard Eddie on the phone to his wife, saying something that would elevate him in the eyes of the band for its definitive catchphrase content: 'No, I'm not having a good time!'

The band loved that, and it was referred to endlessley from then on. It was always necessary to play down any merriment when a guy called home to an overworked wife dealing with the domestics on her own. 'No, I'm not having a good time!'"
    Been there done that...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    I suppose who are we to throw stones at them when we are still here for a band that effectively ended in 1985??
    Because we're not useless, lazy, faux-hippie cunts, that's why!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Thread Information