Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I was about to say I didn't realize you were so tall but is it just that you control those high up ones remotely?

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Keyboards ruined Van Halen.

No wonder Twona is such a Van Hagar fan!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I was about to say I didn't realize you were so tall but is it just that you control those high up ones remotely?
        I'm not that tall. I was sitting watching the Cavs lose when I took the pic and not standing so maybe that throws it off.

The bottom edge of the keys on the D50 (on the right stack) are about 5 feet off the floor, the patch change buttons are just over my head but within easy reach. The Alesis Vortex keytar on the left is mostly up there for storage, the Arturia Minibrute and Roland SH101 sit a little lower than the D50. Tops of the Ultimate stands are about four feet off the floor. I could get the mixer a little lower but I like it where it is. I left the Minibrute on the outside where I can play with the sliders and grab a bass line quick. The SH101 I've had since 1983 but I don't play it much any more. It may end up back in the box and stored away. Maybe I'll wait until they are going for $2k before I decide to sell it. I do play the JX-8P remotely since I haven't fixed the keybed yet, but it's deeper than the D50 and S50 so it looks better at the bottom of the stack.

Everything is MIDI'ed through a MOTU USB interface, I think it has five ins and outs. One goes to the rack, and another to the Roland stack. I had another pair of in/out set up for the DX7 and CZ1 but now that I added the other stand and split those up I'll have to rewire the MIDIs.

I thought about getting more strut and brackets and placing more gear to the right of the Rolands but I didn't want to go any further on that wall, and I think the arms are discontinued. They are extra tier kits for Standtastic stands but they work just fine with the industrial strut bolted to the wall. If I decide to watch movies in there I can just move the stand with the DX7 and System 8 out of the way. That TV is mostly used as a big PC monitor, but it's a smart TV so I can get to Amazon Prime Videos without an extra box.

Honestly I spend more time moving shit around and looking at the collection than actually playing. It's nice having everything set up and ready to go...Grimes will bring his guitars over and it takes him 45 minutes to get set up. I just have to plug the power strips in and power everything up. The TV is the only thing that's plugged in 24/7. I drag one of my bikes and a training stand in there and watch TV while I pedal.

Originally posted by Von Halen

This is geared more toward New Wave, funk, and R&B, but I can probably whip you up some Dreams if you want.
        Last edited by twonabomber; 01-24-2017, 04:08 AM.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I have joined the cult of Akai MPC. Picked up an MPC Touch.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            Honestly I spend more time moving shit around and looking at the collection than actually playing.
            Had some friends over for beers n' burgers and someone said "I'd love to hear something" and I said so would I! The weather broke and I've been working on the house, the Jeeps, and kayaking. Haven't powered up the stack in weeks.

April is International Guitar Month (and my birthday) so I celebrated by picking up a Fernades Ravelle

I finally found another Ultimate Support Deltex stand. It was a couple hours away, but cheaper to ship instead of driving to pick it up. Now I have three Deltex stands.

Beyond that, I've been good. Except I've been looking at cars...
            Last edited by twonabomber; 06-19-2017, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen

Spot on! Jump sucked and The keyboard tunes got worse when Sammy joined.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Photobucket got me. Fuckers. Thousands of build threads on car forums have been trashed too.

Add Bluetooth to your favorite gear. Picked up this little Bluetooth transmitter/receiver off Amazon

Plugged it into the big Mackie and paired a set of Talent in-ears and now I can wander back and forth from the keys to drums, and even to the fridge in the next room. Runs for 10 hours on a charge, and will work while charging.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Photobucket got me.
                  They also got the Van Halen flame...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    They also got the Van Halen flame...

And all the ticket stubs in the Calendar....

Fuckers....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I have one album on Photobucket that's all ticket stubs. Been trying to use the "download album" link and it doesn't work. I've heard the same from other PB users. Gonna be a pain in the ass to open each one and DL it. At least I know the scans were on one of the last two PC's I built. Might be able to avoid having to DL everything.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

I have one album on Photobucket that's all ticket stubs. Been trying to use the "download album" link and it doesn't work. I've heard the same from other PB users. Gonna be a pain in the ass to open each one and DL it. At least I know the scans were on one of the last two PC's I built. Might be able to avoid having to DL everything.
                        I uploaded mine from my harddrive, so I'm good there...
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Of course there is plenty of space on the RA servers it's just the fucking hassle of having to do it.

Let me know if you need to move stuff on there and we can get it sorted.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

could always put the stubs on FB and link to them from there. let Fuckerberg cover the hosting costs.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

One for Twona...

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm not sure I want to know what you were looking for when you found that...

Comment

Working...