• Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

NAMM 2016 weirdness

WTF? A digital tambourine?

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

This video is from last year's show but I saw them on Steve Stevens' FB page. Maybe not weird, but is there really a big market for a locking knob?

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• qikgts
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

That product in the first vid is kind of crazy... All I could think when watching is it would be great for a rave DJ.
      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
        This video is from last year's show but I saw them on Steve Stevens' FB page. Maybe not weird, but is there really a big market for a locking knob?

It's not a terrible idea for people that play gigs. I'm old school and prefer to use pedals rather than some multieffects unit and I see a lot of other people are the same including Mr Van Halen. I routinely use 5 or 6 at gigs and if you put them in a gig bag they would end up at the wrong settings. Where this kind of falls down is I, and I would guess a lot of people, have them all in on a pedal board and transport it inside a box to stop that happening.

Also the kind of pedals where you would most need something like this would be those with 4 or 5 knobs on them like a complicated digital delay or harmonizer and I'm not sure his things would fit plus you would have to buy a lot of them.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I had a DOD digital delay with four knobs and those would have been a tight fit.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The accelerometer thing could be cool until it strays into Roland D-Beam territory.

I have an Alesis Vortex that will bend the note up when the "neck" is raised.

Comment

Working...