Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

NHL offseason transactions

July 3, 2004

MIGHTY DUCKS OF ANAHEIM -- Acquired defenseman Tomas Malec and a 2004 third-round draft pick from the Carolina Hurricanes for goaltender Martin Gerber; acquired defenseman Kurtis Foster from the Atlanta Thrashers for defenseman Niclas Havelid.

Atlanta Thrashers -- Signed defenseman Jaroslav Modry, who had been with the Los Angeles Kings; acquired defenseman Niclas Havelid from the Atlanta Thrashers for defenseman Kurtis Foster.

Boston Bruins -- None.

Buffalo Sabres -- None.

Calgary Flames -- Signed center Byron Ritchie, who had been with the Florida Panthers, to a three-year contract.

Carolina Hurricanes -- Acquired goaltender Martin Gerber from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim for defenseman Tomas Malec and a 2004 third-round draft pick; traded goaltender Arturs Irbe to the Columbus Blue Jackets for future considerations; traded left wing Jaroslav Svoboda to the Dallas Stars for a 2005 fourth-round draft pick.

Chicago Blackhawks -- Signed right wing Matthew Barnaby, who had been with the Colorado Avalanche; signed center Curtis Brown, who had been with the San Jose Sharks.

Colorado Avalanche -- Signed left wing Antti Laaksonen, who had been with the Minnesota Wild, to a multi-year contract; signed center Ian Laperriere, who had been with the Los Angeles Kings, to a multi-year contract.

Columbus Blue Jackets -- Acquired goaltender Arturs Irbe from the Carolina Hurricanes for future considerations; claimed left wing Geoff Sanderson off waivers from the Vancouver Canucks.

Dallas Stars -- Acquired the rights to defenseman Shawn Belle from the St. Louis Blues for goaltender Jason Bacashihua; acquired left wing Jaroslav Svoboda from the Carolina Hurricanes for a 2005 fourth-round draft pick.

Detroit Red Wings -- None.

Edmonton Oilers -- None.

Florida Panthers -- Signed goaltender Jamie McLennan, who had been with the New York Rangers, to a two-year contract with a club option for the 2006-07 season.

Los Angeles Kings -- Acquired goaltender Mathieu Garon and a 2004 third-round draft pick as part of a three-way trade involving the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens.

Minnesota Wild -- None.

Montreal Canadiens -- Acquired center Radek Bonk and goaltender Cristobal Huet from the Los Angeles Kings as part of a three-way trade involving the Ottawa Senators.

Nashville Predators -- None.

New Jersey Devils -- Signed left wing Darren Langdon, who had been with the Montreal Canadiens.

New York Islanders -- None.

New York Rangers -- None.

Ottawa Senators -- Traded goaltender Patrick Lalime to the St. Louis Blues for a conditional 2005 draft pick; traded center Radek Bonk to the Montreal Canadiens for a 2004 second-round draft pick in a three-way deal involving the Los Angeles Kings.

Philadelphia Flyers -- Signed right wing Mike Knuble, who had been with the Boston Bruins, to a three-year contract; signed right wing Turner Stevenson, who had been with the New Jersey Devils, to a three-year contract.

Phoenix Coyotes -- None.

Pittsburgh Penguins -- None.

St. Louis Blues -- Acquired goaltender Patrick Lalime from the Ottawa Senators for a conditional 2005 draft pick; acquired goaltender Jason Bacashihua from the Dallas Stars for the rights to defenseman Shawn Belle.

San Jose Sharks -- None.

Tampa Bay Lightning -- None.

Toronto Maple Leafs -- None.

Vancouver Canucks -- None.

Washington Capitals -- None.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good bet that the Pens will sign Mark Recchi this week....

Good buddy of Mario's, his old lady is from the 'Burgh, got a house here, etc....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Devils have signed Madden, Pandolfo, and Stevenson.

Mr. Awesome
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rumor has it Kovalev wants to come back to pittsburgh. Whether that will happen or not is up the the Pens $$$ troubles. Let's hope with him and Recchi the pens can win.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Wild signed former Devil Brian Rolston.

Snoo
    Pens officially signed Recchi.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FLASH !!!

PENS ARE SPENDING MONEY !!! PENS ARE SPENDING MONEY !!!

Really happy they grabbed Recchi, and for a 3 year deal !!!

Also, they signed tough guy Ryan Van VandenBussche from the Blackhawks... Excellent scrapper..... Finally got rid of McKenna, who was probably the worst big guy fighter in the history of hockey....

AND, Stan Savran said on Sportsbeat tonight that the Kovalev signing is imminent, with the signing sometime next week !!!

Woohoo, outfuckingstanding.....

Not a bad first line, Recchi-Lemieux-Kovalev, huh ??? Although maybe the first and second lines would be split with those guys, inserting Ryan Malone and Morozov in there somewhere....

Now all we need is some fucking hockey next year !!!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...figures...Pens are finally spending for players...

lmfao...and they probably won't have a season...

that would figure eh?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

lucky wilbury
    hey look the b's are turning into the pens! we'll have a minor league team playing next year at this rate

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by lucky wilbury
    hey look the b's are turning into the pens! we'll have a minor league team playing next year at this rate
    LOL, join the party pal....

is fuckin' yer girlfriend
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FUCK!!!!!!

The 'yotes signed away Mike Ricci.....

The end of an awesome era in San Jose.

FUCK!!!!!
    "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
    "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
    "Fuck you, Fluffy."
    "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
    "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
    "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
    "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
    "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
    "N--- yeah."

lucky wilbury
    http://www.bostonbruins.com/team/roster.asp

here's who's returning from last years team by that i mean who played a majority of games in the nhl

11 P.J. Axelsson LW
    37 Patrice Bergeron C
    44 Nick Boynton D
    25 Hal Gill D
    55 Sergei Gonchar D
    20 Martin Lapointe RW
    18 Ian Moran D
    14 Sergei Samsonov LW
    19 Joe Thornton C
    1 Andrew Raycroft G

full "roster"

Boston Bruins Roster
    Skaters
    # PLAYER POS

11 P.J. Axelsson LW
    37 Patrice Bergeron C
    Brad Boyes C
    44 Nick Boynton D
    58 Kevin Dallman D
    25 Hal Gill D
    46 Jonathan Girard D
    55 Sergei Gonchar D
    16 Andy Hilbert C
    36 Ivan Huml LW
    68 Milan Jurcina D
    41 Zdenek Kutlak D
    20 Martin Lapointe RW
    47 Robert Liscak C
    18 Ian Moran D
    75 Colton Orr RW
    14 Sergei Samsonov LW
    43 Martin Samuelsson RW
    19 Joe Thornton C
    76 Kris Vernarsky C

Goalies # PLAYER POS

78 Peter Hamerlik G
    1 Andrew Raycroft G
    60 Hannu Toivonen G

-----------------------

12 forwards
    8 defense total

the thing that makes this ridiculous is that the b's can actually afford to pay players and they won't! of that lst of full time players a few are rfa and are up for arbitration so the can be signed by other teams if the b's reject the abitraitors number and judging by the b's past history that just might happen.

Snoo
    I'd be concerned about them re-signing Ian Moran before anyone else. He played forward and defense here in Pittsburgh for years. The guy has a ton of heart, can't take that away from him, but he has close to no talent at all.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL, yeah, the prowess of Ian Moran....

Great locker room guy (boy that doesn't sound right), but the guy constantly gave too many pucks away as a D-man......

Favorite Moran moment: Couple of years ago vs. Florida... The night of Mario's last fight, vs. Brad Ference....

Ference was hounding Mario the whole night, cheap shots galore.... When they finally started doing the facewash routine, Ian just jumped at Ference going close to top speed....

Mario finally dropped the gloves at the end of the game, he really seemed pissed at the youngster...

Snoo
    Yeah. I'll never forget Mario crossing the blue line and just throwing his gloves, stick still in them, as far as he could and wildly swinging. This season, watch how many people DON'T fuck with Mario. Who is going to want to face the power play that went from last in the league to 8th in the last few weeks, and is now ADDING Lemieux, Recchi, and Kovalev? It'll be even more ridiculous than right before we traded Kovalev and the power play was at a 35% success rate.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    [B]FLASH !!!

PENS ARE SPENDING MONEY !!! PENS ARE SPENDING MONEY !!!

Really happy they grabbed Recchi, and for a 3 year deal !!!
    [B]
    Bye bye Rex...the Flyers fans will miss you.

Mezro...some good additions by the Pens..even though it pisses me off:p
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Snoo
    Yeah. I'll never forget Mario crossing the blue line and just throwing his gloves, stick still in them, as far as he could and wildly swinging. This season, watch how many people DON'T fuck with Mario. Who is going to want to face the power play that went from last in the league to 8th in the last few weeks, and is now ADDING Lemieux, Recchi, and Kovalev? It'll be even more ridiculous than right before we traded Kovalev and the power play was at a 35% success rate.
    Good point Snoo, that power play was really starting to click last year, WITHOUT Lemieux...

The steal of the year was grabbing Jackman from the Leafs (thanx again FullBugger )...... He and Tarnstrom together on the PP made that pretty damn lethal....

Who knows how they're going to work the PP this year, because Recchi is great working the point as well... Maybe have one of the D-men shift to the 2nd PP unit...

In terms of people messing with Mario, for the 1st time in a long time, they got an enforcer that can actually fight, Ryan Van VandenBussche... Those days of guys like Oliwa and McKenna are over....

Snoo
    Shame we didn't want Barnaby back for whatever reason. Now he can score consistently, and still mix it up. I wonder when Theo Fleury is gonna be reinstated...we gave Kevin Stevens a third chance too. It looks like for the first time in a l while, we'll be able to have two above average power play units. For the past few years, the top power play unit usually tried to stay out the full two minutes. Lasse Pirjeta turned into quite a weapon on the power play, he was a steal too. We're still aggressively going after Zhamnov. Kovalev in some circles is even confirmed as all but signing. So I envision something like Mario, Morozov, Fata, Recchi, Jackman/Pirjeta, Malone, Zhamnov, Tarnstrom, Kovalev. It'll be fun to see us getting one power play every three weeks because everyone is afraid to take a penalty.

lucky wilbury
    it's still a shock that the pens ,who were on the verge of folding, are spending and the b's still sit on the sideline's. go figure

Snoo
    Heh, not for Pittsburghers. We have been dreaming of this day for years, ever since we first started dumping salary.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Snoo
    Heh, not for Pittsburghers. We have been dreaming of this day for years, ever since we first started dumping salary.
    Fuckin' A bro....

Grab that slots license, and they'll be spending cash like the Rangers....

lucky wilbury
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=90934

Penguins sign UFA VandenBussche

TSN.ca Staff

7/12/2004

PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed free agent right wing Ryan VandenBussche. In accordance with club policy, terms of the deal were not announced.

VandenBussche, 31, recorded five points and 120 penalty minutes while appearing in a career high 65 games with the Chicago Blackhawks last season.

The 6-0, 205 pound native of Simcoe, Ontario spent parts of seven seasons in Chicago, recording 17 points (7+10) and 592 penalty minutes in 263 games with the Blackhawks.

riginally selected 173rd overall by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 1992 Entry Draft, VandenBussche has combined for 19 points and 660 penalty minutes in 290 games with the Blackhawks and New York Rangers.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like I said, good move, an actual enforcer that can fight....

5 points in 65 games ?? Me and Poj could score 5 points drunk on 7 dollar beers at the ESA....

He must be a Buchberger admirer.... Just kidding Bucky.....

lucky wilbury
    now the pens are after stumpel. ej hradek said somthing interesting: he thinks the pens are loading up on people jsut so they can make the team attractive engouh to sell. he pointed out that the pens were in such bad shape money wise they couldn't even be audited a few years ago and now their spending money.

lucky wilbury
    double post

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by lucky wilbury
    now the pens are after stumpel. ej hradek said somthing interesting: he thinks the pens are loading up on people jsut so they can make the team attractive engouh to sell. he pointed out that the pens were in such bad shape money wise they couldn't even be audited a few years ago and now their spending money.
    Oh, bullshit....

It's like getting your tax refund, it's fucking spent before you get it !!! [ALL married motherfuckers know EXACTLY what I'm talking about !!!]

The slots bill passed in PA...

Obviously, the local politicans have given a secret "wink-wink" to Mario that the Pens will get the one slots license alloted in the city of Pittsburgh....

That slots license will be a fucking windfall for the Pens....

And let's face it, they're not going after the Tier 1 free agents, although the Recchi signing is damn impressive....

But you know that Recchi could have signed elsewhere for more money...

Kovalev, if he signs here, will take less money as well....

But he knows that he's been an average player everywhere else BUT Pittsburgh....

As for Stumpel, I've always thought he was a underated player also.... But if they get Kovalev or Zhamnov, that should be it....

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

The steal of the year was grabbing Jackman from the Leafs (thanx again FullBugger )......
    True, that was quite the steal.....I am interested to see how the Pens do this year.....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Snoo
    The ESPN hockey analysts are totally full of shit. Remember a year ago when Morganti, who is supposed to be top dog, was saying he knew for a fact that Mario was about to sell and sign with the Rangers?

lucky wilbury
    they need just to get the cba fixed so we can see the teams take shape faster then they are. one things for sure though nhl 2005 comes out just before the cba expires and i'll be right there getting my copy so i'll have either a: a new hockey to play while watching the new season b: the only hockey i'll see all year or c: one of the few copies of the game that get sold because there is no hockey next year

Snoo
    You don't like the ESPN series? I still play all those Sega NHL games, but these days, Sega kills them.

lucky wilbury
    i prefer ea nhl seris i have the espn one as well the ea one seems to flow more imo. i get them both usually.

Snoo
    I meant Sega Genesis NHL games. Have they really scaled back the cartoonishness in the EA games? The last one I got was 2002. I had every single one up to 2001, then didn't get 2001.

lucky wilbury
    the newer ea ones are much much better. in depth gm where you sign contracts and get upgrade to have the players play better higher lawyers to have them sign for less money etc. i think the sega ones became the espn hockey this year

Snoo
    Yeah, all the ESPN games are made by Sega. Damn you can hire LAWYERS? I might have to check it out afterall.

lucky wilbury
    yeah you start off (depending on the team) with a law clerk then you cna work you way upt something like full time international partner.better the lawyer the cheaper the players sigh for. the also had catagories for: scouts,medical,coaching,marketing,equipment,strent h training,travel,home rink and morale.you earn upgrade points for winning the cup and games etc etc. rent ea nhl 2004 and see if you like it. 2005 i think will have a similiar set up

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Avalanche signed goalie David Aebischer.

The Mighty Ducks agreed to terms with rigth wing Michael Holmqvist.

The Panthers signed defensemen Joel Kwiatkowski.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Wild signed Manny Fernandez.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Defensemen Dale Purinton re-signed with the Rangers.

The Canucks re-signed goaltender Dan Cloutier and center Brendan Morrison to one-year contracts.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Stars are expected to sign Red Wings Brett Hull to a one-year contract.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Mighty Ducks agreed to terms with forward Rob Niedermayer on a one-year contract.

Thread Information