X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
    Everything Sammy said in the negative about him rejoining was ended with he word 'now', meaning for the moment so he could have a way out if they ever offered him the job... I do not see Edward offering the job but this is no longer 'now' in the realm of Sammy and he would rejoin so quick if asked now lol
    Sammy has been dropping those hints in interviews for almost a decade.

It's probably the only way he has of communicating with the Van Halens now, that being comments made via interviews.

So Hagar gives an interview and makes a few comments that lets the Van Halens know he'd be up for rejoining the band again. Whatever. Roth was doing the same thing in the early 1990s.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      I see what you did there...

Circumstances change in life, especially when one of the band members is a soon-to-be 25 year old who's really done nothing on his own yet, albeit he's been in a hugely successful band and is a multi-millionaire....

Wolf is the key, just as it was in 2006/07....

If Wolf has a chat with Pops and wants to sprout out on his own, which is certainly not out of the realm of possibility AT ALL, then we're talking about a whole new ballgame....

Because that will inevitably reopen the door for not only Bette (assuming DLR doesn't get a renewed contract), but now Mike as well....

Although as I've speculated before, if it happens IMO it'll MUST be a package deal, it's gotta be Bette/Mike or no deal......
      Oh, yeah. As goes Hagar, goes Anthony.

Although maybe Anthony might not want to be involved with another Van Halen reunion at the reduced fee he was getting in 2004. You know, in spite of the que sera sera attitude Anthony has in interviews toward the way the Van Halens treated him, I have a hard time believing on some level that getting his cut of the profits whittled down over a period of a decade, then having Ed overdub bass parts on the Van Halen III and BOBW tracks, then basically being an uninvited/unwanted presence on the 2004 tour as far as the Van Halens were concerned and then getting replaced by a teenage kid wouldn't make Anthony think dealing with the Van Halens wasn't worth the bother and small amount of money relative to the rest of the band that Anthony would get by rejoining the group. Sure, the money might be overlooked if Anthony felt some great loss of friendship between him and the Van Halens that another reunion tour might rekindle. However, I'd have to imagine all the bullshit thrown Anthony's way by the Van Halens from the early 1990s through to 2004 and beyond would have cured Anthony of the addiction of being a member of Van Halen.

And I'd also have to imagine Hagar is enough of a stand-up guy as far as his friendship with Mike Anthony is concerned that like in 2004 he would insist Anthony be a part of the band for a reunion or Hagar wouldn't participate. Which would be as it should be: nobody really wants to see Wolfgang up there onstage. HIS presence is more tolerated than anything else, the rationale being that Ed likes playing music with his kid and if Wolfgang weren't there Ed would just be smoking meth, guzzling Smoking Loon and 'noodling around' with his 'ten albums worth of music in the can' at his home studio.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Never was
        Since the band will be a black hole for awhile the entire birthday wishes amount to trolling the fanbase to keep them talking since nothing musically to discuss. Helps Hagar get in the public view since he can't without mentioning VH and the VH camp trolls fans to fill dead air.
        Ghey.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Was it 8 grand or 40 grand Mike got per night for that train wreck?

I don't see Mike sitting around at home saying "Man, I really wish I could hang out with Ed and Al". So I agree with Terry - I don't see him coming out for another tour just to get paid peanuts. I wish he'd agree to it and then throw Ed off the stage during Jump. And then stomp on him like he used to do his bass during his solo. I'd pay 500 bucks to see that.

Anyway, the one thing that's pretty much guaranteed is this: ain't nobody gonna go see VH with Sam out front unless Mike is up there too. Well, ok there will be a handful of people in each city who would show up. They're the same idiots who go to any big name show that rolls thru town. It's one thing for people to overlook Mike not being up there because Dave was up there. That will go down the toilet if Ed tries to tour with his security blanket and Sam.

Regardless, we'll see what OBC has in mind probably this time next year. And half as many people will give a shit about VH as they do today. The James Bond Schedule is a great way to destroy their fan base. I'm not saying they should be touring every year, but do something, anything. But instead, Ed will sit in his smelly studio jerkin off his electric twanger geetar and being miserable.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            Was it 8 grand or 40 grand Mike got per night for that train wreck?

I don't see Mike sitting around at home saying "Man, I really wish I could hang out with Ed and Al". So I agree with Terry - I don't see him coming out for another tour just to get paid peanuts. I wish he'd agree to it and then throw Ed off the stage during Jump. And then stomp on him like he used to do his bass during his solo. I'd pay 500 bucks to see that.

Anyway, the one thing that's pretty much guaranteed is this: ain't nobody gonna go see VH with Sam out front unless Mike is up there too. Well, ok there will be a handful of people in each city who would show up. They're the same idiots who go to any big name show that rolls thru town. It's one thing for people to overlook Mike not being up there because Dave was up there. That will go down the toilet if Ed tries to tour with his security blanket and Sam.

Regardless, we'll see what OBC has in mind probably this time next year. And half as many people will give a shit about VH as they do today. The James Bond Schedule is a great way to destroy their fan base. I'm not saying they should be touring every year, but do something, anything. But instead, Ed will sit in his smelly studio jerkin off his electric twanger geetar and being miserable.
            I mean, the only reason I could see Anthony wanting to do it would maybe be to play to larger crowds than he has been or just to hang out with Hagar. Other than that, why would Anthony want to rejoin a band where neither Ed or Al really want him there and he has to play for peanuts compared to what the rest of the group is making? Anthony has been smart with his money over the years, he's got various endorsements and plays with an on again/off again group now that works when it wants to and does it basically for fun. Contrast that with going back to Van Halen, keeping in mind the public bitch slapping Ed gave Anthony in the press, where he basically said Anthony had all his bass parts dictated/demonstrated to him and that [Anthony's] background vocals weren't even important to the band's sound.

If I were Anthony, I'd be like 'fuck that guy, fuck his brother, fuck his punk kid and fuck David Lee Roth for touring with them: let those four assholes have each other, because they truly deserve one another.' However, I tend to suspect Anthony would still play with the group if they asked him to - the guy, at least publicly, is so passive about all of it...to the point where I think I'm more pissed off at the band for what they did to Anthony than he is.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I don't think Mike is pining away to play to huge crowds. The guy has been there, done that, and he's not acting like that's what's driving him. The guy seems happy doing whatever, whenever. But I'm sure he'd like to be out there in front of 10,000 people every night.

And at this point, I have to take the guy at his word: he's rich as shit, has everything anyone could ever want, so I don't think he's "taking the high road" for any reason other than why he says he does. It's not so hard to believe that the one guy in the band who's not a cunt refuses to shit all over the other members at this point. Yeah, he ran his mouth about Dave in the past. Boohoohooo, we should all cry about it and get all defensive lol.

I think Mike would still do it, if asked. But I would rather Ed ask him and he says "Suck my Bawllz!!" Lol

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                I think Mike would still do it, if asked.

I think he'd do it, and think eventually he WILL do it, because 1) Bette will ask him to do it, and 2) Bette will convince him that the "fans will want to see it"....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  I think he'd do it, and think eventually he WILL do it, because 1) Bette will ask him to do it, and 2) Bette will convince him that the "fans will want to see it"....
                  He doesn't need Sam to tell him what to do. He's already said he did the TWT because he wanted to do it for the fans and because he figured it was the last time VH would tour.

I don't care who Ed and Al decide should be the new singer. I just want them to get to it so I can rip them for months on end.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hagar has never been uncomfortable talking about Van Halen... ever.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He knows just how stupid rock journalists are.

If he says that in his next interview, the start of the following one will say 'It's well documented that Sammy doesn't like to talk about Van Halen'...

Comment

Working...