Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: January 20th

  1. #1
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    99
    Posts
    31,703
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,359
    Thanked 8,265 Times in 5,276 Posts


    Rep Power
    10

    January 20th

    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #2
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,314
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,203 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Title: Daily Listening Thread 1-20-06
    Post by: twonabomber on January 20, 2006, 05:55:53 AM
    i've been up all night, may listen to an hour and crash...


    Post by: Seshmeister on January 20, 2006, 06:09:58 AM
    I cunt hear a thing...


    Post by: twonabomber on January 20, 2006, 06:30:15 AM
    wait a half-hour.


    Post by: twonabomber on January 20, 2006, 07:04:05 AM
    "no one will accept me as a morning radio person."

    someone's been reading threads here!


    Post by: hambon4lif on January 20, 2006, 07:06:11 AM
    He's like this every damn morning. LMFAO!

    That shit cracks me up.

    How about that Wilson Pickett tribute huh?


    Post by: hambon4lif on January 20, 2006, 08:04:58 AM
    CVH did cut a version of "In The Midnight Hour" they were going to put on 1984, but they left it off because they felt it was 'a stab at pure commercialism'.

    Maybe someday they'll let us hear it.


    Post by: Seshmeister on January 20, 2006, 08:26:21 AM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    CVH did cut a version of "In The Midnight Hour" they were going to put on 1984, but they left it off because they felt it was 'a stab at pure commercialism'.


    Unlike Jump?


    Post by: hambon4lif on January 20, 2006, 08:37:01 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    Unlike Jump?
    Exactly! LOL!
    I think they left it off because they wanted an album free of covers, but it does exist, and I bet it's stellar!


    Post by: mewisemagic on January 20, 2006, 09:31:05 AM
    Did You hear him talking about playing some of the demos from the 2000 sessions the other day?


    Post by: hambon4lif on January 20, 2006, 09:58:56 AM
    Did you hear Dave go off on that broad?

    "You freaky-deaky whiney made of glass little stooge"

    DAMN!.....He kicked a hole in her world. LMAO!


    Post by: mewisemagic on January 20, 2006, 10:04:26 AM
    Im on the Dallas broadcast so I may be behind Ya..


    Post by: hambon4lif on January 20, 2006, 10:06:00 AM
    Quote from: mewisemagic
    Im on the Dallas broadcast so I may be behind Ya..
    Last caller of the third hour.


    Post by: mewisemagic on January 20, 2006, 10:08:04 AM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    Last caller of the third hour.
    Ill keep My ears open for it....Right now they are talking about War.


    Post by: hambon4lif on January 20, 2006, 10:44:25 AM
    This sounds like Robins last day.

    Next weeks co-host...Lisa Roth?


    Post by: mewisemagic on January 20, 2006, 10:48:44 AM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    This sounds like Robins last day.

    Next weeks co-host...Lisa Roth?
    Is He gonna have her on all week?


    Post by: hambon4lif on January 20, 2006, 11:13:13 AM
    Lisa is scheduled as a weeklong guest starting Monday.

    ..While there are alot of things I find sexy about women, pictures of them picking out toejam isn't one of them,but it's the only pic I could find.

    Robin Bakay :wave:


    Post by: mewisemagic on January 20, 2006, 11:25:52 AM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    Lisa is scheduled as a weeklong guest starting Monday.

    ..While there are alot of things I find sexy about women, pictures of them picking out toejam isn't one of them,but it's the only pic I could find.

    Robin Bakay :wave:
    Very Cool.....Thanks for the pic.I wonder what she does for a living?I remember him talking about it but dont remember what it was,Seems like it had something to do with show biz?


    Post by: Carmine. on January 20, 2006, 11:40:09 AM
    She's wearing a pair of Daves pants too....


    Post by: mewisemagic on January 20, 2006, 11:48:39 AM
    Quote from: Carmine Raguzza.
    She's wearing a pair of Daves pants too....
    LMAO.....Have You tried to call in?


    Post by: Carmine. on January 20, 2006, 11:57:24 AM
    Not in about a week. None of the topics were all that appealling.


    Post by: SpanishFly Guy on January 20, 2006, 12:01:03 PM
    I tried to call in a couple of times with no luck, the show is just getting more popular.


    Post by: mewisemagic on January 20, 2006, 12:03:16 PM
    Quote from: SpanishFly Guy
    I tried to call in a couple of times with no luck, the show is just getting more popular.
    I listen everyday delayed but hope to try to call in soon,I guess I will try to get the New York feed,So far I havent had any luck picking it up.


    Post by: Seshmeister on January 20, 2006, 12:13:25 PM
    Quote from: mewisemagic
    Very Cool.....Thanks for the pic.I wonder what she does for a living?I remember him talking about it but dont remember what it was,Seems like it had something to do with show biz?


    Was she not a costume designer for TV/Films?


    Post by: Catfish on January 20, 2006, 12:16:10 PM
    DLR's sister is going to be in for a week?

    DLR's uncle got stale by the second hour...

    When is Dave going to have guests? Celebraties and shit?


    Post by: Seshmeister on January 20, 2006, 12:17:25 PM
    He says he's too embarrased to because the studio is a shithole...


    Post by: mewisemagic on January 20, 2006, 12:25:20 PM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    Was she not a costume designer for TV/Films?
    Right....Im pretty sure its something along those lines.


    Post by: clag515 on January 20, 2006, 01:08:37 PM
    Doesn't Robin just ride her husband's coattails on those ESPN football predictions he does? Actually I don't remember seeing those this year. Maybe they canned the Nick Bakay's picks...or whatever it was he did on ESPN.


    Post by: Wooda on January 20, 2006, 01:09:57 PM
    Quote from: clag515
    Doesn't Robin just ride her husband's coattails on those ESPN football predictions he does? Actually I don't remember seeing those this year. Maybe they canned the Nick Bakay's picks...or whatever it was he did on ESPN.
    They did, I think he now does stuff for the NFL Network


    Post by: clag515 on January 20, 2006, 01:11:37 PM
    Quote from: Wooda
    They did, I think he now does stuff for the NFL Network


    His shit was so lame. I always wondered how he got that gig...and then to rope the wife into all that crap.


    Post by: Lou on January 20, 2006, 02:37:35 PM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    He says he's too embarrased to because the studio is a shithole...


    Oh right, I believe that's the reason

    He might have to play those demos to get anyone to listen to his show. At this point, that's the only way I'm tuning in. I happened to stumble across it today, really by accident when I went through hitting every preset on my car radio, and I heard conversation of Saddam Hussein and OBL. Give me a fucking break.


    Post by: Catfish on January 20, 2006, 02:40:16 PM
    The DDLR.com Ambassador steps forth for his fresh take!


    Post by: Lou on January 20, 2006, 02:42:50 PM
    Well, I'll be the first to admit that I have absolutely ZERO interest in Dave as a person and all of Dave's hobbies. Whether it be mountain climbing, EMT training, the martial arts, his love of Huckleberry Finn, etc. All I really care about is Dave onstage, singing rock and roll music. Thus Dave's political views bore me to friggin' DEATH. All I really want to hear him talk about is music and touring.


    Post by: Full Bug on January 20, 2006, 02:43:20 PM
    What would a nice pleasent day be without Lou dragging it down?


    Post by: ZahZoo on January 20, 2006, 02:50:42 PM
    I was thinking Lou has become the Andy Rooney of DDLR... but after some thought I've decided Andy has a more positive disposition. It's more like he's got a George Carlin disposition with Al Gore's delivery style and personality.


    Post by: Seshmeister on January 20, 2006, 02:54:34 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    Well, I'll be the first to admit that I have absolutely ZERO interest in Dave as a person and all of Dave's hobbies. Whether it be mountain climbing, EMT training, the martial arts, his love of Huckleberry Finn, etc. All I really care about is Dave onstage, singing rock and roll music. Thus Dave's political views bore me to friggin' DEATH. All I really want to hear him talk about is music and touring.


    Even if by some bizarre freakery there was anyone who gave an infintessimal grain of a fuck about what you think of the show, after you repeating it over 90 times I think they know now.

    Mmmkay?


    Post by: Loss Of Control on January 20, 2006, 03:50:39 PM
    Don't pay attention to Lou, Dave....he doesn't represent the majority of us.


    Post by: damngoodtimes on January 20, 2006, 04:28:28 PM
    I have a real serious question for you, Lou. And I really don't mean this to be a smart-ass comment.

    Why are you here?

    You don't seem to like Dave as a person, Dave as a solo artist, Dave as an EMT, Dave as a radio host, or Dave as anything but the lead singer of Van Halen. And, frankly, that's absolutely fine with me. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. That role is certainly the most defining of his life to most people.

    But Dave is not in Van Halen anymore. Hasn't been for 10 years in any semi-official capacity, 21 years for real.

    So, in light of all that, why do you have almost 8000 posts on a Dave fan site? If you find so much of what Dave's been doing for the last decade (or more) to be boring, bad, or of little interest to you, why do you commit such time at a place like this?

    I honestly don't know.

    Truthfully, I think that I'm on here far too often. It's a guilty pleasure of mine to check in here regularly. But at least I like the guy.


    Post by: Lou on January 20, 2006, 04:54:00 PM
    Quote from: damngoodtimes
    You don't seem to like Dave as a person, Dave as a solo artist, Dave as an EMT, Dave as a radio host, or Dave as anything but the lead singer of Van Halen. And, frankly, that's absolutely fine with me. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. That role is certainly the most defining of his life to most people.


    That about sums it up. I don't consider anything he's done outside of VH of particular importance or really care about it. However, I think being a die-hard classic Van Halen fan, who rejects "Van Halen" without David Lee Roth, is plenty enough justification to be here. David Lee Roth from 1974-84 was a display of sheer greatness, and I look at this site as a place to commemorate that.


    Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on January 20, 2006, 05:27:33 PM
    Lou, will you be my BFF?


    Post by: SpanishFly Guy on January 20, 2006, 05:30:43 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    That about sums it up. I don't consider anything he's done outside of VH of particular importance or really care about it. However, I think being a die-hard classic Van Halen fan, who rejects "Van Halen" without David Lee Roth, is plenty enough justification to be here. David Lee Roth from 1974-84 was a display of sheer greatness, and I look at this site as a place to commemorate that.


    Then go away then....

    Your constant barrage of negativity really is boring. To be honest with you Lou, I have not really heard anything positive come from you, well, since the site opened. Let's refer to the Diamond Dave CD, from the day it was released all we had to hear about was how it sucked. Pattern here?

    Oh and BTW, CVH is never going to re-unite. So my advice is to stop jackin off to the posters you bought of Ed and Dave on E-Bay and try going after sone Lindsay Lohan.


    Post by: Lou on January 20, 2006, 05:41:39 PM
    Quote from: TwoFoolsAMinute
    Lou, will you be my BFF?


    What the hell is a "BFF"?


    Post by: Catfish on January 20, 2006, 05:42:34 PM
    Butt Fuck Friend!


    Post by: clag515 on January 20, 2006, 05:42:51 PM
    Quote from: TwoFoolsAMinute
    Lou, will you be my BFF?

    Lou could be your bestest friend in the whole wide world
    LMMFAO!!! :hammer:


    Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on January 20, 2006, 05:46:25 PM
    BEST FRIEND FOREVER. You know, you keep half of the heart pendant, and if I ever get a feeding tube you get to decide if it is removed before my wife or parents do.


    Post by: clag515 on January 20, 2006, 05:48:10 PM
    Quote from: TwoFoolsAMinute
    BEST FRIEND FOREVER. You know, you keep half of the heart pendant, and if I ever get a feeding tube you get to decide if it is removed before my wife or parents do.

    Lou is too young to know what a BFF is. I'm sure it didn't make the generation gap.


    Post by: Lou on January 20, 2006, 06:01:54 PM
    Let me ask you guys something. Am I supposed to just blindly accept everything Dave does as great?


    Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on January 20, 2006, 06:03:47 PM
    I just think that with a little love he might turn that frown upside down. I don't want Lou to go away, I just want him to be happy and take things as they come. We all would like a return of the mighty Van Halen, and we should all keep doing what we can to make that happen, but it doesn't mean we have to hate everything. I'm sure that Dave is still trying to get back with VH, and I'm sure that if it happens, he won't let the radio show stand in the way. So let the guy get up and talk a few hours every morning. If what he says upsets you, Lou, I'm still here for you to give you a shoulder to cry on. Who's a big boy?


    Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on January 20, 2006, 06:05:35 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    Let me ask you guys something. Am I supposed to just blindly accept everything Dave does as great?

    For the most part yes, unless it stinks to high heaven. But even if you don't, that's okay. But I don't think you need to post several times a day that you don't like the radio show. Maybe try just once a week for a while.


    Post by: Catfish on January 20, 2006, 06:28:38 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    Let me ask you guys something. Am I supposed to just blindly accept everything Dave does as great?


    No, but being that this is a DLR fan site, one or two things would be nice.


    Post by: Lou on January 20, 2006, 06:31:22 PM
    OK, I'm a die-hard CVH fan and I liked DLR Band. I also enjoyed the 2001 show he did in Philly. Is that enough?


    Post by: clag515 on January 20, 2006, 06:32:24 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    OK, I'm a die-hard CVH fan and I liked DLR Band. I also enjoyed the 2001 show he did in Philly. Is that enough?


    It's a start. You'll have to keep it up so we know you're for real


    Post by: Lou on January 20, 2006, 06:34:07 PM
    Roth from 1974-1984 was a display of sheer greatness. There was never a frontman like him, nor will there ever be. Classic Van Halen is among the greatest music ever made, and frankly it's not possible to give Roth all of the credit he deserves for making that happen.


    Post by: clag515 on January 20, 2006, 06:34:46 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    Roth from 1974-1984 was a display of sheer greatness. There was never a frontman like him, nor will there ever be. Classic Van Halen is among the greatest music ever made, and frankly it's not possible to give Roth all of the credit he deserves for making that happen.


    Ok, that was good. Let's see what else you got


    Post by: Lou on January 20, 2006, 06:35:40 PM
    I hate to say this, but that's pretty much it. Other than I liked DLR Band, thought it was a "back to roots" kind of album, and enjoyed the 2001 show which included a lot of deep cuts from Van Halen I.


    Post by: clag515 on January 20, 2006, 06:43:25 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    I hate to say this, but that's pretty much it. Other than I liked DLR Band, thought it was a "back to roots" kind of album, and enjoyed the 2001 show which included a lot of deep cuts from Van Halen I.


    Ok then, we'll call that a successful end to this week.

    Just alittle of that every once in a while will be good


    Post by: hambon4lif on January 20, 2006, 06:55:51 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    He might have to play those demos to get anyone to listen to his show. At this point, that's the only way I'm tuning in.
    Yeah..O.K.


    See Ya' bright and early Monday morning Lou! :wave:


    Post by: Wooda on January 20, 2006, 07:58:28 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    Roth from 1974-1984 was a display of sheer greatness. There was never a frontman like him, nor will there ever be. Classic Van Halen is among the greatest music ever made, and frankly it's not possible to give Roth all of the credit he deserves for making that happen.
    Wrong, The best frontman in history was named Scotty Waller and he was the singer in SMILE!


    Post by: RBrad on January 20, 2006, 10:18:31 PM
    Quote from: Wooda
    Wrong, The best frontman in history was named Scotty Waller and he was the singer in SMILE!


    Huh??? who? What?? Is that you? maybe my ignorance but I have to agree with Lou until proven otherwise


    Post by: clag515 on January 20, 2006, 10:55:04 PM
    Quote from: Wooda
    Wrong, The best frontman in history was named Scotty Waller and he was the singer in SMILE!


    How can he be the best frontman in history??? His name screams fat roadie to me. :hammer:


    Post by: guderian on January 21, 2006, 02:06:35 AM
    I'm still waiting for the studio version of Bullithead.

    Quote from: hambon4lif
    CVH did cut a version of "In The Midnight Hour" they were going to put on 1984, but they left it off because they felt it was 'a stab at pure commercialism'.

    Maybe someday they'll let us hear it.


    Post by: Lou on January 21, 2006, 02:34:19 AM
    They may have never done one. There are quite a few songs from the Club Days that we only have live performances and no studio versions. "Bullethead" and "Here's Just What She Wanted" are interesting in that we have only one version of both, on 12/31/77.


    Post by: High Life Man on January 21, 2006, 04:35:11 AM
    Quote from: Lou
    Let me ask you guys something. Am I supposed to just blindly accept everything Dave does as great?


    Lou, take another listen. I think the show is getting better day by day. For the better.

    This is coming from a guy who didn't like it right away.


    Post by: Catfish on January 21, 2006, 01:46:16 PM
    Which hour was that, Loons?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  3. #3
    Roth Army Recruit
    Coconuts's Avatar
    Member No
    31146
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    10-10-2016 @ 03:27 AM
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    7
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    What is the tune that is rolling throughout the middle east talk part 3?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #4
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,314
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,203 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Some generic disco loop? I've not heard that song on Sirius 50, the Groove. But it does sound familiar. Maybe from an old commercial?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. January 9th
    By Seshmeister in forum Roth Radio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2016, 10:39 PM
  2. January 6th
    By Seshmeister in forum Roth Radio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2016, 12:44 PM
  3. January 5th
    By Seshmeister in forum Roth Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2016, 11:05 PM
  4. January 4th (with first day reviews)
    By Seshmeister in forum Roth Radio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2016, 11:08 AM
  5. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •