Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

But hey why make money when sammy has written " I want to lick your sunshine " and " fist pump your starfish" for ed as we speak
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Jeff H posted at the Links yesterday that Dave's self-imposed break from social media is about to come to an end....
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
        Jeff H posted at the Links yesterday that Dave's self-imposed break from social media is about to come to an end....
        The fans react...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

It could have come to an end two months ago and we wouldn't have known it, lol. I hope like hell he ain't reviving the Roth Show. Or if he is, at least talk about the shit people want to hear. I can't sit through another 40 minutes of talk about some Vietnorean wrestler or how he consciously mixed elements from a whole buncha gay crap to come up with his fake persona of a poon hound party guy. Just sit there and talk about the VH days and your solo career and break out some of the shit from those years to show us. And take us down to your storage units and let us see shit like the Davesicle (yes I know I misspelled it). And for the people who still think he doesn't own it - you're wrong. He does. And probably a lot of other cool shit. And cut in to clips and video from all those years that hasn't really been released and show it and talk about it too. I know, ooh - Ed might sue him cause he's so scary powerful. Do you know how many years you could drag out a lawsuit like that? Ed would give up or die before Dave ever had to pay a dime.

And he could do shit like drive around LA in the Merc and point out all the places they used to play and hang and stop in at Irv's and he could pretend to be cool and not a fuckin weirdo who sits around in bunny jammies with a bunch of stupid pop tarts and red bull scattered around as if he actually even knows what either one tastes like.

There - I just came up with the most awesome Roth Show ideas ever. I could shoot all that shit in six days and have enough video to post an episode a week for a year. He should hire me. I'd make Von my camera guy and we'd make Dave appear to be cool again.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Yeah, Dave's current team (if they haven't been fired yet, they will be soon enough) are working diligently on the next ground breaking, interwebs changing, social media extravaganza for ole Diamond Dave. You will be able to keep up with all of Dave's activities, quarterly. Hopefully it features brilliant stuff like a back yard bbq. Or sitting in the middle of nowhere in a plastic chair. Or maybe Dave will host that stupid fucking dog show all the snooty fucks like to go to. Or maybe there will be new Roth Shows! Holy shit, just think if he gets with the times and comes out with a PODCAST!! Holy fuck, that would be amazing!

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will take not only the interwebs, but the world, by storm.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2012

Maybe it's possible Dave has no interest in returning. He's a lot of things, but I wouldn't say stupid is one of them (well, other than his decision to leave VH in the first place). I have mentioned in the past about Dave's self identity being wrapped up in "Dave Roth, lead singer of VH", but he has to realize that the sun is setting on VH, even if he and EVH were best buds, which they're obviously not. I don't think there's much left to squeeze out of a Dave led VH at this point, although I do think there's enough left in the tank for one more album which I'd like to see. Short of that, do a farewell tour with Mike and call it a day. If Ed then wants to fuck around with a certain capri wearing 70 year old, that's on him.

Oh- and start releasing all that old audio/video shit that's sitting around somewhere collecting dust.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Meh.

Roth used to give interesting interviews, but when it's just him rambling and rambling and rambling on I don't have the patience anymore to extract diamond dust from dogshit/a few interesting anecdotes from 2 hours of him laughing at his own jokes.

I'd just as soon see the guy playing music as long as he is still actually able to do so, rather than have him act out some contrived and outdated rock star stud persona for a podcast or see him ham-handedly playing a role he thinks his shrinking fanbase still wants to believe in, surrounded by models 1/3 his age. It'd be more laughable and sad than anything else.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jetstream
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2011

I know what the fuck the man should do... run for president. Who cares if he wins or not, document the whole thing and make a farce out of what the election really is right now and a get a running mate who is like really fucking hot and make sure she is psychotic and says all kind of wacked out stuff in barley anything you would want to call legit clothes
                  I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                    I know what the fuck the man should do... run for president. Who cares if he wins or not, document the whole thing and make a farce out of what the election really is right now and a get a running mate who is like really fucking hot and make sure she is psychotic and says all kind of wacked out stuff in barley anything you would want to call legit clothes
                    I don't think he'd be interested in a hot chick VP
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Jetstream
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2011

I don't care Donnie, I would be. It is not like Clint Eastwood ever killed anyone (at least to my knowledge) in the actual world and I want to be entertained.... could you imagine the attention horror Spammy would have if Dave jumped out on the biggest stage while all he is advertising is a 'Rock and Roll weekend with old hair bands lol
                      I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...