Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    Did any of you stop to actually think?

The cat is analogous to pussy. The drawing is Dave's own artwork. One of them is a cat with it's ass in the air.

And then the HIT ME.

I realize most of you aren't that bright, so I'll give you a pass not understanding the genius of it.
    This isn't Dave's stuff. Dave isn't an amateur. He's got his own work to rely on.

If there's someone here who isn't very bright, that would be you, as you've proudly proven time & again.

Listen, I know some of you fuckers live in a bubble where there isn't anything else other than Van Halen, but this is a famous, recognised artist, stealing from other famous, recognised artists. Dave is not an up & comer. If he doesn't have anything of his own to display at his age, then that means all that you people hold so dear is nothing but a sham.

But yeah, keep your heads up your asses praising the "genius" of someone who has to rely on other people's materials.

Other people you do not know because you're ignorant imbeciles who believe there is nothing else other than Van Halen.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Moreno View Post
    This isn't Dave's stuff. Dave isn't an amateur. He's got his own work to rely on.

If there's someone here who isn't very bright, that would be you, as you've proudly proven time & again.

Listen, I know some of you fuckers live in a bubble where there isn't anything else other than Van Halen, but this is a famous, recognised artist, stealing from other famous, recognised artists. Dave is not an up & comer. If he doesn't have anything of his own to display at his age, then that means all that you people hold so dear is nothing but a sham.

But yeah, keep your heads up your asses praising the "genius" of someone who has to rely on other people's materials.

Other people you do not know because you're ignorant imbeciles who believe there is nothing else other than Van Halen.
    geez... smoke one or two
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 2 users say thank you to PETE'S BROTHER for this KICKASS post:

Angel (02-06-2016),Anonymous (02-06-2016)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    geez... smoke one or two
    No.

This is Dave shitting on his legacy & by extension, his fans.

I don't care how witty he thinks he is, I'm not gonna praise his twitchy faggot ass for crayon drawings or Monster Truck tire knowledge.

This site is the most retarded thing anyone involved in this whole fuckfest of bands & solo careers ever pulled.

And considering Van Halen is the most retarded band who pulled the, BY FAR, most retarded bullshit in the entertainment business, ever, than this really is rock bottom.

You can't go lower than crayon drawings. It's impossible. Even a Dave butt-sex tape "scandal" with Paul Stanley would be a step up from this mess, as far as his image goes.

FUCK. DAVE.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, come on! This is a David Lee Roth Fan Site, is it not?

SOMEONE here must be stupid enough, I mean, have the balls to defend this latest Dave move.

Hit me with your arguments!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

SOMEONE here must be stupid enough, I mean, have the balls to defend this latest Dave move.

Ok here goes .
    Dave has handed over the design of his site to under privileged kids in New York . They are special needs little fellers and every hit the site gets Dave donates money to the school.

Feel bad meanie

7. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Angel (02-06-2016)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Ok here goes .
    Dave has handed over the design of his site to under privileged kids in New York . They are special needs little fellers and every hit the site gets Dave donates money to the school.

Feel bad meanie
    EDTARD doing such a thing is far more believable than Dave.

No one that's been around Van Halen has been a philanthropist in any way, shape or form.

Dave stealing a Japanese kid for slave labour is much more likely than your scenario.

And to finalise, no retard would be stupid enough to do something like this.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Alright, that image of the cat going across with its rear up is actually a study he did from studying Japanese watercolor and then you have Fitz the Cat. One is Asian classical art origins and the other is pop culture, then when he is talking he mentions Buddhist quotes and then Monster Truck stuff, again the ancient and the recent pop culture. He is trying to build a bridge or has but not many care about the destination he has built this bridge for. That is theme of what he is trying to juggle. Now Dave might be miserable as Donnie as said but he is clearly excited about making comparisons but also know most probably are not going to be and in a odd way mentions Edward playing fast and people not understanding that. He mentions the dog eyebrow stuff again which he has done before and other assorted stuff... but it is his little ditty he throws in which is not lecture material makes his rambling cool to music, he is just like a professor trying to teach some obscure pop culture class and wants his students to like him by being entertaining because in the back of his mind he is thinking the students cannot wait for the class to be over lol

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BTW, he mentions Edward and mentions Alex... guys, in my humble opinion he is not out of Van Halen at all regardless of what most want to say

11. Thanked Jetstream for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (02-10-2016)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Alright, that image of the cat going across with its rear up is actually a study he did from studying Japanese watercolor and then you have Fitz the Cat. One is Asian classical art origins and the other is pop culture, then when he is talking he mentions Buddhist quotes and then Monster Truck stuff, again the ancient and the recent pop culture. He is trying to build a bridge or has but not many care about the destination he has built this bridge for. That is theme of what he is trying to juggle. Now Dave might be miserable as Donnie as said but he is clearly excited about making comparisons but also know most probably are not going to be and in a odd way mentions Edward playing fast and people not understanding that. He mentions the dog eyebrow stuff again which he has done before and other assorted stuff... but it is his little ditty he throws in which is not lecture material makes his rambling cool to music, he is just like a professor trying to teach some obscure pop culture class and wants his students to like him by being entertaining because in the back of his mind he is thinking the students cannot wait for the class to be over lol
    I know what those cats are & that's what's getting me up in arms.

I get the whole bridge between cultures thing, I believe I've said that

(...) this would've been fine (...) if he wanted to do a personal blog to showcase & talk about his influences.
    But it's NOT. It's his OFFICIAL page, his WORK page, for the fans who like HIS work. And WHERE, pray tell, is HIS work? he just did crayon sketches of OTHER people's work.

It's not that complicated, dammit! Now, you people may be used to being ripped off, hell some of you probably enjoy it. But if some dumbass motherfucker tries to pass other people's work as his own, *I* get fucking pissed. That's stealing. It's a fucking multi-millionaire who's stealing from those who made less money than him. That's highly immoral, it's beyond disgusting & I don't see how *anyone* can feel comfortable defending THEFT from a guy with millions in his bank account. Oh wait, yeah I can see - you're Americans.

By the way, that's FELIX the Cat. Shows how much you fuckers know.

Here's FRITZ the Cat:

Interesting tidbit - that's Ralph Bakshi's first animated film. Bakshi went on to do the Hobbit & the Lord of the Rings animated films. Sadly, there was a disturbing lack of Elven boobage in them.

FUCK YOU, DAVE!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I For One Are looking Forward To All Of Dave's Crazy Videos,Fook The Haters.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I For One Are looking Forward To All Of Dave's Crazy Videos,Fook The Haters.
    You mean Dave's Crazy Stolen Material Videos.

One of these days, Dave is gonna talk about how he freed the Jews in Egypt & you fuckers are gonna believe him.

No, the twitchy old faggot crossed a line. If he wants to use other people's material, he better give credit AND pay for it. It's easy to see he's not giving credit & how much does anyone wanna bet he didn't pay a dime to Pat Sullivan & Otto Messmer.

This is the guy that in his book got pissed off at an interviewer that asked him if he was a Jew. And now he pulls this stunt - he turns into a fucking stereotype. Good going, Dave. Well done, indeed. FUCK. YOU.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

So I just saw the site... Yeah.. That's, ummm, interesting? Design is pretty terrible. The video is fun enough to listen to but there's not a lot of meat. I'm hoping for the best..

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

But it's NOT. It's his OFFICIAL page, his WORK page, for the fans who like HIS work. And WHERE, pray tell, is HIS work? he just did crayon sketches of OTHER people's work.

It's not that complicated, dammit! Now, you people may be used to being ripped off, hell some of you probably enjoy it. But if some dumbass motherfucker tries to pass other people's work as his own, *I* get fucking pissed. That's stealing. It's a fucking multi-millionaire who's stealing from those who made less money than him. That's highly immoral, it's beyond disgusting & I don't see how *anyone* can feel comfortable defending THEFT from a guy with millions in his bank account. Oh wait, yeah I can see - you're Americans.

Here's FRITZ the Cat:

Interesting tidbit - that's Ralph Bakshi's first animated film. Bakshi went on to do the Hobbit & the Lord of the Rings animated films. Sadly, there was a disturbing lack of Elven boobage in them.

FUCK YOU, DAVE!
    Fritz or Felix does not matter to me because it is pop culture, meaning it has a life expectancy of a few decades and no awards are needed for being smart in name identification (if you want Fine Art, I can give you a whole run down on Michelangelo Buonarroti to Michelangelo Caravaggio and what Manet was doing with Olympia in relation to Titian and the Venus or Urbino) but the other cat is not a crayon drawing but a watercolor which looks crayon only after some kid on his design team nuked the image with their beloved photoshop... my point is Dave is not claiming any of the shit as much as lecturing with the chosen subject matter and watching the Roth Show does not cost one anything, so I do not see how he is ripping me off personally unless one feels forced to watch it and they put a high priority on their time which they cannot control

And Bakshi did do an animated film which actually does go past pop culture value in "Wizards" which was a ingenious take on propaganda in my opinion... though his "Mighty Heroes" Saturday morning cartoon was pretty cool lol
    Last edited by Jetstream; 02-06-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You mean Dave's Crazy Stolen Material Videos.

One of these days, Dave is gonna talk about how he freed the Jews in Egypt & you fuckers are gonna believe him.

No, the twitchy old faggot crossed a line. If he wants to use other people's material, he better give credit AND pay for it. It's easy to see he's not giving credit & how much does anyone wanna bet he didn't pay a dime to Pat Sullivan & Otto Messmer.

This is the guy that in his book got pissed off at an interviewer that asked him if he was a Jew. And now he pulls this stunt - he turns into a fucking stereotype. Good going, Dave. Well done, indeed. FUCK. YOU.
    WTF? You Need To Calm the Fook Down.

18. Thanked Dan for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (02-07-2016)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries

You're calling it right on the money... but there's a few Roth nuances you missed here.

Dave's cat art is just his normal approach when he needs to deliver and gets lazy... cover tunes baby!!

Let's just call the tweekers ramble the Director's Cut - take 51 on his story on Southern California culture... He forgot the fucking pickup truck in the drive through again...

The symbolism of the cats has nothing to do with Dave and scoring pussy like that dumbass Crybaby on Fire thinks... it's that cats have nine lives and keep bouncing back. That logically applies to Dave's ill-conceived attempts at web sites that keep getting killed and come back from the dead. Plus when he fired his dog Russ... he lost the rights to use his image and the creepy wrassling masks.

20. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (02-07-2016),Von Halen (02-07-2016)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,491 Posts

Blog Entries

It is, but not everybody here necessarily thinks everything Roth did (or does) is some holy, sacred bit of rock brilliance...or that Roth was even necessarily the 'best' (whatever that means) rock frontman ever or that Van Halen were the best rock band ever.

I dig Halen and Roth's output, but make no mistake that the band and Dave have put out their fair share of clunkers, missteps and misfires. In point of fact, Halen (and, to a lesser degree, Roth) have had difficulties doing just about ANYTHING right since 1996.

Doubtless there are some here who slobber and drool over everything the band does, but they are all just people. As capable of being as full of shit as anyone else.

22. 3 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (02-07-2016),DavidLeeNatra (02-08-2016),Von Halen (02-07-2016)

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2024 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey guys, relax, you are looking too much into it. It's just a website.

24. 3 users say thank you to Calderone for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (02-08-2016),Jetstream (02-07-2016),Seshmeister (02-10-2016)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    WTF? You Need To Calm the Fook Down.
    No! I'm kicking the furniture & flipping tables!

FUCK DAVE!

26. Thanked Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (02-07-2016)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There is one thing Dave has started which does irritate the fuck out of me... could you please stop dragging out the Mexican ALUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRA whenever you get a chance, with or without Dance The Night Away!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 12:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I like Dave and all, but I just can't listen to his stream of consciousness type ramblings for more than about 5 minutes before my eyeballs start to roll in to the back of my head. I'm just not interested in listening to him ruminate about philosophy, monster truck tires, etc. I really enjoyed the vids they made around the release of ADKOT- the ones where it was just Dave, Ed and Al sitting around talking. Those I found interesting. Dave rambling for extended periods of time? Not so much.

29. 2 users say thank you to chuckjitsu for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (02-07-2016),Von Halen (02-07-2016)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chuckjitsu View Post
    I like Dave and all, but I just can't listen to his stream of consciousness type ramblings for more than about 5 minutes before my eyeballs start to roll in to the back of my head. I'm just not interested in listening to him ruminate about philosophy, monster truck tires, etc. I really enjoyed the vids they made around the release of ADKOT- the ones where it was just Dave, Ed and Al sitting around talking. Those I found interesting. Dave rambling for extended periods of time? Not so much.
    Exactly.

Loved the sit down with Dave, Ed and Al.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Well, still waiting for Dave's site to open up. So far it's still those stupid cats and he keeps telling me he's going to the Monster Truck Rally. Yay. His twatter account is on fire though.

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2024 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

that's the site. that's it.

33. Thanked Calderone for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (02-07-2016)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Calderone View Post
    that's the site. that's it.
    Yeah.

Isn't it fucking exciting?

Whoop-de-fucking-do.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh Boy.

36. Thanked Dan for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (02-08-2016)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:01 AM
    Status
    Thanks

By the way, Felix the Cat is public domain, so it's everybody's to use.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatArtGuy View Post
    By the way, Felix the Cat is public domain, so it's everybody's to use.
    That's not really the point.

All right, let's go through this one more time, very slowly.

Dave did things, didn't he? That's his official site, isn't it?

Then why, oh why doesn't it feature ANY of Dave's own work? Did Dave become known as a special-ed crayon artist & I missed it?

And public domain or not, it's still nice to credit the original artist, even if he died a long time ago.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

aw, he did a not nice thing? aw

40. Thanked PETE'S BROTHER for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (02-09-2016)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    aw, he did a not nice thing? aw
    Yes, he was a big meanie & a bully & I don't like him anymore so there.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yes you do

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you did

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and then he was a meanie...

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

47. Thanked ThatArtGuy for this KICKASS post:

Anonymous (02-09-2016)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So you're saying that Dave's a cokehead & that has affected his decision making for some time now?

Well, it does explain the Japanese girlfriend - the girl probably smiled at him & his coked/cooked up brain took that as a sign they were going steady - the prowling around Tokyo wearing a luchador mask, the squares suit, that single picture with the sniper rifle, hang on... yeah that explains pretty much every Dave decision since 2005.

Dave's a junkie!

Kids, go look at his site again. I'll wait.

See kids? This is why you don't do drugs. Drugs are bad.

49. Thanked Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

Angel (02-09-2016)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

A new study has indicated that long-term cocaine use may produce changes to the parts of the brain responsible for regulating impulsivity and the ability to analyze the significance of one’s decisions.....

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    A new study has indicated that long-term cocaine use may produce changes to the parts of the brain responsible for regulating impulsivity and the ability to analyze the significance of one’s decisions.....

Add Obama to that list.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Guys, check this out. Here's Dave's piddly little site:

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online