Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

It is like this, the Roth Show is like visiting your crazy old uncle who repeats stories and you cannot get a word in and just sit there as he rambles... you still visit because he is your uncle and you dig the guy, and adapt by thinking about other thing while he goes on and on and smile that the uncle is still around, and every so often you catch something new lol
    I got lost in the...

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
      I hate daves taste it music ... It fucking sucks .
      I don't want to hear him covering earth wind and fire or Abba.

He needs to remember the people who like his music by and large listen to rock music maybe a bit of blues.
      Not most of the stuff he keeps telling us is great.

Disco shoooobiddy fucking do.
      Dave's next band ...

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
        Dave's next band ...

Man those guys have awesome Afros!!

And Dave couldn't wear that outfit these days. He's skinnier than an AIDS patient...
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Calderone
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

He brought back the Tavares jacket in 2003

ALAE_3.jpg
          Ccp7v5q.jpg

He brought back another 1991 jacket on the last tour as well

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Calderone
            He brought back the Tavares jacket in 2003

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14127[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]14128[/ATTACH]

He brought back another 1991 jacket on the last tour as well
            I was at that 2003 show. It was outdoors and it rained almost the entire time. And Dave put on a great show.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
              It is like this, the Roth Show is like visiting your crazy old uncle who repeats stories and you cannot get a word in and just sit there as he rambles... you still visit because he is your uncle and you dig the guy, and adapt by thinking about other thing while he goes on and on and smile that the uncle is still around, and every so often you catch something new lol
              So what you're saying is, go to Youtube, search Roth Show, click play & don't listen at all.

Yes. Ok, then.

Comment

• VHscraps
                Veteran
                • Jul 2009

Is it a Nudie suit?
                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
                  So what you're saying is, go to Youtube, search Roth Show, click play & don't listen at all.

Yes. Ok, then.
                  Or just click on some Winger videos and skip the Roth Show stuff.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Here we go... Matador Jackets are all the fucking rage!!
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jetstream
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2011

Yes. Ok, then.
                      No, he is like your crazy uncle... meaning you do not watch it on Youtube but attain it on your personal storage of the computer because he is like family and shit and then not pay much attention to it when it plays lol
                      I got lost in the...

Comment

• Anonymous
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

No, he is like your crazy uncle... meaning you do not watch it on Youtube but attain it on your personal storage of the computer because he is like family and shit and then not pay much attention to it when it plays lol
                        But basically, you start playing it, only you don't listen, is that right?

Comment

• Jetstream
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Dec 2011

But basically, you start playing it, only you don't listen, is that right?
                          Sort of... Dave has been saying the same quotes and stuff for ages, so you can automatically tune that out and because of that, when something he says is different, it is such a revelation that you automatically start listening because it is like an odd note in a familiar song... sort of like having the TV on when you do something else and you forgot you just bought the director's cut and one odd change gets your attention lol
                          I got lost in the...

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Sort of... Dave has been saying the same quotes and stuff for ages, so you can automatically tune that out and because of that, when something he says is different, it is such a revelation that you automatically start listening because it is like an odd note in a familiar song... sort of like having the TV on when you do something else and you forgot you just bought the director's cut and one odd change gets your attention lol
                            I kinda get that, but at the same time, you should probably realise there's a over a trillion new things you haven't even heard about or tried that would make you a fan if you just listened/watched/experienced them instead of listening to the same stuff you've heard for the past 50 years over & over again in the hopes there's 5 seconds of new material in all those hours.

There's literally unspeakable petabytes of entertainment waiting for you, dude. It's not like you don't have a choice!

Comment

• Jetstream
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2011

I kinda get that, but at the same time, you should probably realise there's a over a trillion new things you haven't even heard about or tried that would make you a fan if you just listened/watched/experienced them instead of listening to the same stuff you've heard for the past 50 years over & over again in the hopes there's 5 seconds of new material in all those hours.

There's literally unspeakable petabytes of entertainment waiting for you, dude. It's not like you don't have a choice!

I have actually listened to 10 minute segments uninterrupted in spurts. I get people who go off on tangents like Dave, because I am one of them. He still gets where he is going but prefers the scenic route so to speak. What Dave does which gets some people confused is that instead of saying 'ah huh, you know what I mean, or yeah" in the quiet parts, he tends to run one of his old quotes in so he does not have dead space in the monologue (sometimes he will laugh, but that only happens in the beginning of any of his long talks and it then becomes more verbal in attempting to fill open space, yup, I really do pay more attention than you might think haha). I have seen all his interviews, read his book, saw his stage show, so I can tell that he often revisits the same things. Dave is 40% new now and 60% old at the moment. I also get another reason why Dave keeps repeating the same stuff, because he wants to make damn sure everyone will identify that those quotes are his and wants them to be chiseled in history... but he is about to break the marble if he chisels a few of them in there any harder
                              I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Well, if you listen to what's been up on his "site" this week...there ain't nothing new or ear-catching in there. Like I said, he at least sounds excited. If I was a moron and didn't know better I would think he just might be. But he ain't. This is Dave doing the same thing he did before, but turned up a few notches and minus the people he fired from the last go 'round. Which is pretty much what he does.

Comment

Working...