X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Dan
    I For One Are looking Forward To All Of Dave's Crazy Videos,Fook The Haters.
    You mean Dave's Crazy Stolen Material Videos.

One of these days, Dave is gonna talk about how he freed the Jews in Egypt & you fuckers are gonna believe him.

No, the twitchy old faggot crossed a line. If he wants to use other people's material, he better give credit AND pay for it. It's easy to see he's not giving credit & how much does anyone wanna bet he didn't pay a dime to Pat Sullivan & Otto Messmer.

This is the guy that in his book got pissed off at an interviewer that asked him if he was a Jew. And now he pulls this stunt - he turns into a fucking stereotype. Good going, Dave. Well done, indeed. FUCK. YOU.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

So I just saw the site... Yeah.. That's, ummm, interesting? Design is pretty terrible. The video is fun enough to listen to but there's not a lot of meat. I'm hoping for the best..
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Jetstream
        Foot Soldier
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
        I know what those cats are & that's what's getting me up in arms.

I get the whole bridge between cultures thing, I believe I've said that

But it's NOT. It's his OFFICIAL page, his WORK page, for the fans who like HIS work. And WHERE, pray tell, is HIS work? he just did crayon sketches of OTHER people's work.

It's not that complicated, dammit! Now, you people may be used to being ripped off, hell some of you probably enjoy it. But if some dumbass motherfucker tries to pass other people's work as his own, *I* get fucking pissed. That's stealing. It's a fucking multi-millionaire who's stealing from those who made less money than him. That's highly immoral, it's beyond disgusting & I don't see how *anyone* can feel comfortable defending THEFT from a guy with millions in his bank account. Oh wait, yeah I can see - you're Americans.

By the way, that's FELIX the Cat. Shows how much you fuckers know.

Here's FRITZ the Cat:

Interesting tidbit - that's Ralph Bakshi's first animated film. Bakshi went on to do the Hobbit & the Lord of the Rings animated films. Sadly, there was a disturbing lack of Elven boobage in them.

FUCK YOU, DAVE!
        Fritz or Felix does not matter to me because it is pop culture, meaning it has a life expectancy of a few decades and no awards are needed for being smart in name identification (if you want Fine Art, I can give you a whole run down on Michelangelo Buonarroti to Michelangelo Caravaggio and what Manet was doing with Olympia in relation to Titian and the Venus or Urbino) but the other cat is not a crayon drawing but a watercolor which looks crayon only after some kid on his design team nuked the image with their beloved photoshop... my point is Dave is not claiming any of the shit as much as lecturing with the chosen subject matter and watching the Roth Show does not cost one anything, so I do not see how he is ripping me off personally unless one feels forced to watch it and they put a high priority on their time which they cannot control

And Bakshi did do an animated film which actually does go past pop culture value in "Wizards" which was a ingenious take on propaganda in my opinion... though his "Mighty Heroes" Saturday morning cartoon was pretty cool lol
        Last edited by Jetstream; 02-06-2016, 09:26 PM.
        I got lost in the...

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

You mean Dave's Crazy Stolen Material Videos.

One of these days, Dave is gonna talk about how he freed the Jews in Egypt & you fuckers are gonna believe him.

No, the twitchy old faggot crossed a line. If he wants to use other people's material, he better give credit AND pay for it. It's easy to see he's not giving credit & how much does anyone wanna bet he didn't pay a dime to Pat Sullivan & Otto Messmer.

This is the guy that in his book got pissed off at an interviewer that asked him if he was a Jew. And now he pulls this stunt - he turns into a fucking stereotype. Good going, Dave. Well done, indeed. FUCK. YOU.
          WTF? You Need To Calm the Fook Down.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I know what those cats are & that's what's getting me up in arms.

I get the whole bridge between cultures thing, I believe I've said that

But it's NOT. It's his OFFICIAL page, his WORK page, for the fans who like HIS work. And WHERE, pray tell, is HIS work? he just did crayon sketches of OTHER people's work.

It's not that complicated, dammit! Now, you people may be used to being ripped off, hell some of you probably enjoy it. But if some dumbass motherfucker tries to pass other people's work as his own, *I* get fucking pissed. That's stealing. It's a fucking multi-millionaire who's stealing from those who made less money than him. That's highly immoral, it's beyond disgusting & I don't see how *anyone* can feel comfortable defending THEFT from a guy with millions in his bank account. Oh wait, yeah I can see - you're Americans.

By the way, that's FELIX the Cat. Shows how much you fuckers know.
            You're calling it right on the money... but there's a few Roth nuances you missed here.

Dave's cat art is just his normal approach when he needs to deliver and gets lazy... cover tunes baby!!

Let's just call the tweekers ramble the Director's Cut - take 51 on his story on Southern California culture... He forgot the fucking pickup truck in the drive through again...

The symbolism of the cats has nothing to do with Dave and scoring pussy like that dumbass Crybaby on Fire thinks... it's that cats have nine lives and keep bouncing back. That logically applies to Dave's ill-conceived attempts at web sites that keep getting killed and come back from the dead. Plus when he fired his dog Russ... he lost the rights to use his image and the creepy wrassling masks.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Well, come on! This is a David Lee Roth Fan Site, is it not?

SOMEONE here must be stupid enough, I mean, have the balls to defend this latest Dave move.

Hit me with your arguments!
              It is, but not everybody here necessarily thinks everything Roth did (or does) is some holy, sacred bit of rock brilliance...or that Roth was even necessarily the 'best' (whatever that means) rock frontman ever or that Van Halen were the best rock band ever.

I dig Halen and Roth's output, but make no mistake that the band and Dave have put out their fair share of clunkers, missteps and misfires. In point of fact, Halen (and, to a lesser degree, Roth) have had difficulties doing just about ANYTHING right since 1996.

Doubtless there are some here who slobber and drool over everything the band does, but they are all just people. As capable of being as full of shit as anyone else.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Calderone
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

Hey guys, relax, you are looking too much into it. It's just a website.

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                  WTF? You Need To Calm the Fook Down.
                  No! I'm kicking the furniture & flipping tables!

FUCK DAVE!

Comment

• Jetstream
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Dec 2011

There is one thing Dave has started which does irritate the fuck out of me... could you please stop dragging out the Mexican ALUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRA whenever you get a chance, with or without Dance The Night Away!
                    I got lost in the...

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

I like Dave and all, but I just can't listen to his stream of consciousness type ramblings for more than about 5 minutes before my eyeballs start to roll in to the back of my head. I'm just not interested in listening to him ruminate about philosophy, monster truck tires, etc. I really enjoyed the vids they made around the release of ADKOT- the ones where it was just Dave, Ed and Al sitting around talking. Those I found interesting. Dave rambling for extended periods of time? Not so much.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                        I like Dave and all, but I just can't listen to his stream of consciousness type ramblings for more than about 5 minutes before my eyeballs start to roll in to the back of my head. I'm just not interested in listening to him ruminate about philosophy, monster truck tires, etc. I really enjoyed the vids they made around the release of ADKOT- the ones where it was just Dave, Ed and Al sitting around talking. Those I found interesting. Dave rambling for extended periods of time? Not so much.
                        Exactly.

Loved the sit down with Dave, Ed and Al.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Well, still waiting for Dave's site to open up. So far it's still those stupid cats and he keeps telling me he's going to the Monster Truck Rally. Yay. His twatter account is on fire though.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Calderone
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

that's the site. that's it.

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Calderone
                              that's the site. that's it.
                              Yeah.

Isn't it fucking exciting?

Whoop-de-fucking-do.

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Oh Boy.
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...