ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

January 27th

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Post by: Full Bug on January 27, 2006, 10:38:47 AM
    Anyone listen to todays show? I just tuned in trying to catch the last half an hour.....

Post by: clag515 on January 27, 2006, 10:52:35 AM
    Finally the question we've all been waiting for.

....but not the answer we were expecting....just more Dave double talk

Post by: hambuns4death on January 27, 2006, 11:27:53 AM
    Anybody seen my brother? I sure miss that guy!

Post by: Mr Walker on January 27, 2006, 11:37:49 AM
    Quote from: hambuns4death

Oh shit!

Come on back to work hambone!

Post by: Wooda on January 27, 2006, 11:39:55 AM
    Quote from: Mr Walker
    Oh shit!

Come on back to work hambone!
    I agree, he sure does look Bad Ass in that photo doesn't he?

We need a Bad Ass like that running main!

Post by: Full Bug on January 27, 2006, 12:14:05 PM
    Quote from: Wooda

We need a Bad Ass like that running main!

Hey! I am plenty Bad Ass, sometimes I feel the need to get really rowdy and I stick a thread.....

Post by: Catfish on January 27, 2006, 12:48:06 PM

LMMFAO!!!!

Post by: Catfish on January 27, 2006, 12:48:35 PM
    Quote from: clag515

Hey ASS--what's the question????

Post by: clag515 on January 27, 2006, 12:57:42 PM
    Quote from: Catfish
    Hey ASS--what's the question????

Do you think I'm going to respond to you if you don't ask politely?

Post by: clag515 on January 27, 2006, 12:58:41 PM

I'm sure he's somewhere special right now...where no one criticizes anything DLR does.

Post by: Wooda on January 27, 2006, 01:01:20 PM
    I'm sure he's somewhere special right now...where no one criticizes anything DLR does.
    Are you telling me that Hambon is lodged inside DLR's anal cavity?

Post by: clag515 on January 27, 2006, 01:04:20 PM

Possibly, he doesn't have to worry about anything there...except being purged during a bowel movement.

Post by: Wooda on January 27, 2006, 01:08:52 PM
    Possibly, he doesn't have to worry about anything there...except being purged during a bowel movement.
    Not so, haven't you heard???

DLR shits roses!

Post by: Hellraiser! on January 27, 2006, 01:09:51 PM

In my house It´s not allowed talk shit bout Dave!! But hambon is not in my home!

Post by: clag515 on January 27, 2006, 01:20:13 PM

DLR shits roses!

So then maybe he'll become a street pedaler

Post by: Wooda on January 27, 2006, 01:21:37 PM
    So then maybe he'll become a street pedaler
    Yea, or a roving menstrual!

Post by: Lou on January 27, 2006, 02:57:05 PM

LMMFAO!

Post by: Loss Of Control on January 27, 2006, 04:12:38 PM

DLR shits Axl Roses!

Oh My!!

Post by: DLRSLAVE on January 27, 2006, 10:05:33 PM

??? So what question are you referring to.........

Post by: clag515 on January 27, 2006, 10:12:21 PM
    Quote from: DLRSLAVE
    ??? So what question are you referring to.........

I think the caller asked him if he had any resentment/anger twoards the brothers. The good thing was that he was going to answer and his sister Lisa was going to tell the "real" story. It turned out that he said he has no resentment and Lisa agreed.

Plus he gave another plug for those 3 (qty?) songs he supposedly recorded with VH. They are supposedly in the vane of VH1 and will blow your socks off and make you feel young again.

Post by: DLRSLAVE on January 27, 2006, 10:27:32 PM
    I think the caller asked him if he had any resentment/anger twoards the brothers. The good thing was that he was going to answer and his sister Lisa was going to tell the "real" story. It turned out that he said he has no resentment and Lisa agreed.

Plus he gave another plug for those 3 (qty?) songs he supposedly recorded with VH. They are supposedly in the vane of VH1 and will blow your socks off and make you feel young again.

I would like to believe Dave is bigger that the brothers. Could be he's tellin
    the truth. Dave's career is movin along can't say much for the others.

Post by: DONNIEP on January 27, 2006, 10:49:36 PM
    Anybody catch the part when Dave was talking about flying the helicopter and Brian says the coolest part was when he and Animal were in the back seat? Dave says there's gonna be some turbulence but don't worry because "Pauly's got 5,000 hours..and I'm David Lee Roth."

Post by: DLRSLAVE on January 27, 2006, 10:55:29 PM
    Quote from: DONNIEP
    Anybody catch the part when Dave was talking about flying the helicopter and Brian says the coolest part was when he and Animal were in the back seat? Dave says there's gonna be some turbulence but don't worry because "Pauly's got 5,000 hours..and I'm David Lee Roth."

Shit I was just thinkin the same thing. I was sittin at my desk @ work
    when I heard this I've got both ear phone in and typin on the key board
    laughing...hope my supervisor doesnt catch on. I did'nt even know Dave
    had his pilot license.

Post by: Seshmeister on January 27, 2006, 10:55:42 PM
    I'm not sure Dave and I would get along if we spent some time together. He is obviously difficult.

That said as a stupidly anal follower of these things I can't remember Roth actually telling a lie about anything substantial. I know I've seen Eddie and Alex lie repeatedly.

If Roth says he has asked for a reunion and they have said no there is no reason at all to disbelieve that. Plus if it wasn't true it would be really easy for them to call his bluff.

There was abuse back in the day on both sides but always much more from the VH camp. I really wonder about the Roth fucking Alex's wife story because otherwise I don't get the motive on their side.

Post by: Seshmeister on January 27, 2006, 11:01:13 PM

I disagree.

Cutting to the chase he said he had phoned AVH saying lets have a reunion and AVH said no because he was still pissed off.

What more can he do exactly?

Post by: Seshmeister on January 27, 2006, 11:29:49 PM
    I really enjoyed todays show.

I listen to the show at night and it's much better than most of the talk stuff over here. I think most of the criticisms are about when it;s on and the Stern comparisons.

I did wonder today about of the whole pre sex agreements. Mike Tyson got what 6 years for humping that prom queen when she had already gone to the bathroom to remove her tampon.

I don't see how the agreement would work.

Cheers!

Post by: DONNIEP on January 27, 2006, 11:38:20 PM
    What more can he do? He can do exactly what Sam did. He can fail. Sammy gets tossed out or quits or what the hell ever. He puts out Marching To Mars (and WHEN ARE THE FUCKING ALIENS GONNA COME GET THEIR PROGENY???) with his Little White Lies song bashing Ed. Then he puts out Not For Sale - which literally was not for sale. Who bought that shit? Then Al and Ed take him right back.

Eddie and Alex will never take Dave back. Period, end of story. Dave "cheated" on them. He put out a 4 cut EP at the height of their success. According to Dave he got tired of sitting outside Ed's house while Ed shot, smoked, sniffed and rubbed in his bellybutton anything that would get him high. So he cheated. And it was successful - hell, I still have my original cassette tape. Dave put out a little record with 3 songs that most of us had never even heard before. And we bought it up. If that record had failed we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Post by: Seshmeister on January 27, 2006, 11:48:36 PM
    So it comes back to why do they hate Roth so much?

Hagar bitched more about them than Roth ever did. The money and the success is in the Roth thing.

There is something else going on here...

Post by: Lou on January 28, 2006, 05:41:55 AM
    I just think Eddie is so spiteful he refuses to share spotlight with Roth in any capacity, even if it means giving up a lot of money. He doesn't think Roth is "deserving" to get the same accolades as him and he resents that. This is so clearly why we don't have any live Roth material and why the sisters have tried very hard to reinforce Van Hagar as a legitimate band that made legitimate music.

Post by: SensibleShoes on January 28, 2006, 06:26:16 AM
    Twona, can you put up the clip at the very end when the caller asked about VH and Dave gave a detailed answer? I think everybody should hear that first hand instead of it being paraphrased. I was juiced he was as open about it as he was. And talking about how every other reunion is a flop because of no energy - and how VH's wouldn't be. That it's still there.

For everybody that's ragging on this radio gig, this may be the ONLY way that Eddie & Alex ever get the unignorable message that a reunion is strongly desired, and inevitible. Not hearing if from industry mouthpieces, but hearing it from the public in person.

Dave is not as dumb as he looks in what he chooses to do with his life folks. This is a double win situation for him.

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 07:20:39 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    I'm not sure Dave and I would get along if we spent some time together. He is obviously difficult.

That said as a stupidly anal follower of these things I can't remember Roth actually telling a lie about anything substantial. I know I've seen Eddie and Alex lie repeatedly.

If Roth says he has asked for a reunion and they have said no there is no reason at all to disbelieve that. Plus if it wasn't true it would be really easy for them to call his bluff.

There was abuse back in the day on both sides but always much more from the VH camp. I really wonder about the Roth fucking Alex's wife story because otherwise I don't get the motive on their side.
    If Alex was married to Pete Angelus, then it's true!

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 07:34:12 AM
    Quote from: DONNIEP
    What more can he do? He can do exactly what Sam did. He can fail. Sammy gets tossed out or quits or what the hell ever. He puts out Marching To Mars (and WHEN ARE THE FUCKING ALIENS GONNA COME GET THEIR PROGENY???) with his Little White Lies song bashing Ed. Then he puts out Not For Sale - which literally was not for sale. Who bought that shit? Then Al and Ed take him right back.

Eddie and Alex will never take Dave back. Period, end of story. Dave "cheated" on them. He put out a 4 cut EP at the height of their success. According to Dave he got tired of sitting outside Ed's house while Ed shot, smoked, sniffed and rubbed in his bellybutton anything that would get him high. So he cheated. And it was successful - hell, I still have my original cassette tape. Dave put out a little record with 3 songs that most of us had never even heard before. And we bought it up. If that record had failed we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Your take on CVH history is flawed, first of all EVH did a spot on a Nicolette Larson disc which went uncredited because ROTH wouldn't have any parts of it, then EVH started Jamming on stage with some real heavy artists (Pretenders, Scandal) wow those are heavy bands, and then he started kissing Allan Holdsworth's butt all of which took time away from VH and softened the public rough and tumble perception of CVH. Then the crowning glories, THRILLER & STARR FLEET ENEMA PROJECT!

Those are the straws that broke DLR's back, and only then did he do his own thing.

So call DLR whatever you like, liar, cheat, asshole, fag, none of that matters because no matter how much of an asshole he is, or how much control of VH he assumed, they were on top of the heap and had mega success, so he must have been doing something right?

EEAS looked like CVH, but 5150, OU812, FUCK that looked like Foreigner lite.

Give DLR his due for guiding VH till he could not maintain Eddies romper room image any longer, and you can bet that Crazy from the heat the movie would have been made and it would have stared all of CVH if not for Ed & Al.

Post by: Full Bug on January 28, 2006, 08:52:49 AM
    'EEAS looked like CVH, but 5150, OU812, FUCK that looked like Foreigner lite.'
    Very true, lol....

Post by: degüello on January 28, 2006, 10:41:33 AM
    Quote from: Lou
    ... He doesn't think Roth is "deserving" to get the same accolades as him and he resents that...

I think you're totally correct about that.

Post by: Von Halen on January 28, 2006, 10:47:32 AM
    Star Fleet Project one of the "crowning glories"? What a crock of bullshit that is. Most people never heard that album. Most VH fans at the time never heard that album. And most today still haven't heard it. That album was nothing more than a recorded jam session, that wasn't supposed to be released. If Ed had had his way, we'd have never even heard that recording. And it's better than anything Dave ever did without Ed.

Post by: degüello on January 28, 2006, 10:51:04 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    So it comes back to why do they hate Roth so much?...

I think it ultimately does come back to that.

Listening to the radio show, I think it's evident that DLR could drive a person fucking crazy, he's such a bizarre character in so many ways. And this is hearing him now, just imagine at the peak of his success. (I'm sure Eddie was/is no easier.)

Considering the amount of time they'd have had to all spend together, in close quarters, back in the day, my gut feeling is that the VH brothers just absolutely loathe the guy.

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 10:53:26 AM
    Quote from: Von Halen
    Star Fleet Project one of the "crowning glories"? What a crock of bullshit that is. Most people never heard that album. Most VH fans at the time never heard that album. And most today still haven't heard it. That album was nothing more than a recorded jam session, that wasn't supposed to be released. If Ed had had his way, we'd have never even heard that recording. And it's better than anything Dave ever did without Ed.
    Are you on crack?

Crowning Glories was meant to be a stab at Ed for killing CVH with stuff that nobody wants to hear anyway, and for your info it was recorded for intended release, all with Ed's 100% consent.

Better than anything DLR did after Ed? Coming from the guy who runs a site dedicated to DLR I think that stinks.

Post by: Von Halen on January 28, 2006, 11:02:02 AM
    Are you on crack?

Not today!

Crowning Glories was meant to be a stab at Ed for killing CVH with stuff that nobody wants to hear anyway, and for your info it was recorded for intended release, all with Ed's 100% consent.

I disagree. I don't believe it was meant for release. And if it was, so what? If nobody wanted to hear Ed do anything but VH stuff, then it wouldn't have been a threat to CVH anyway.

Better than anything DLR did after Ed? Coming from the guy who runs a site dedicated to DLR I think that stinks.

Why does that stink? Dave's solo material is mediocre at best. Isn't it ironic that the best stuff either of them did without each other, was slapped together EP's?

And the only thing that could have made that Star Fleet Project album better would have been to have Dave sing some blues on it. I still think Dave and Ed could make a great blues album today.

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 11:36:12 AM
    Not today!

I disagree. I don't believe it was meant for release. And if it was, so what? If nobody wanted to hear Ed do anything but VH stuff, then it wouldn't have been a threat to CVH anyway.

Why does that stink? Dave's solo material is mediocre at best. Isn't it ironic that the best stuff either of them did without each other, was slapped together EP's?

And the only thing that could have made that Star Fleet Project album better would have been to have Dave sing some blues on it. I still think Dave and Ed could make a great blues album today.
    As I already stated elsewhere.

Nothing EVH did 5150or after holds a candle to a single note Vai did on EEAS, and I don't care for Vai, but it's fact.

You are missing the whole point that DLR wanted VH to stay as a unit, not out playing footsies with all the other stupid bands, and Thriller & Star Fleet were the last straw for him, yet nobody sees that DLR is the one who tried to keep it together.

He only did his EP when all hope was lost. Then it's DLR who wanted to keep touring with CVH, but the sisters wanted to stay at home and play with Kim & Val. Only after DLR beat them to the punch did they slap 5150 together and hit the road.

Come on Von, most of these people are not old enough to know or never had access to the facts, and we should give it to them.

CVH lived and Died with Roth!

Post by: Von Halen on January 28, 2006, 12:26:57 PM
    I agree that CVH lived and died with Roth. But to relieve Dave of any blame of their demise is ludicrous.

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 12:30:14 PM
    I agree that CVH lived and died with Roth. But to relieve Dave of any blame of their demise is ludicrous.
    Who in the hell said it was DLR's fault?

I said it was the sisters fault, did you read it at all, or are you busy giving oral to your Eddie Van Halen blow up doll?

Post by: SensibleShoes on January 28, 2006, 01:08:39 PM
    He means that Dave has to share part of the blame.

Post by: DONNIEP on January 28, 2006, 01:15:32 PM
    Let me rephrase what I said. Perhaps in Ed's and Al's minds they felt like Dave cheated on them. Or maybe the simple reason they hate Dave is because when VH was at their height of success Dave left them. Plain and simple. They were on top of the world and Dave took his voice and his act and moved on - for all of the reasons Wooda outlined above. Can you imagine the freakin' breakdown Eddie had when he got the news?

Post by: NE169 on January 28, 2006, 02:55:20 PM
    Quote from: SensibleShoes
    For everybody that's ragging on this radio gig, this may be the ONLY way that Eddie & Alex ever get the unignorable message that a reunion is strongly desired, and inevitible. Not hearing if from industry mouthpieces, but hearing it from the public in person.

They'll ignore it though, even if Dave was broadcast in LA, not just downloaded.

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 03:21:49 PM
    He means that Dave has to share part of the blame.
    Go show a fire hydrant up your stillborn sliding board!

Post by: SensibleShoes on January 28, 2006, 03:42:55 PM
    Go show a fire hydrant up your stillborn sliding board!

excuse me?

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 04:28:58 PM
    excuse me?
    Did I stutter?

Post by: SensibleShoes on January 28, 2006, 05:37:50 PM
    Guess not! Nice talking to you too.

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 06:08:56 PM
    Guess not! Nice talking to you too.
    Hey, don't take that tone with me, as you can see by my avatar I am not above using simulated violence to make a point!

Post by: SensibleShoes on January 28, 2006, 08:12:08 PM
    And I'm not above using simulated withholding.

Post by: Wooda on January 28, 2006, 08:20:11 PM
    And I'm not above using simulated withholding.
    Nobody Rules These Threads At Night But Me "The Geriatric Old Fart"

Post by: ZahZoo on January 29, 2006, 01:59:46 PM
    That's classic wooda!!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information